Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Planetside 2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Planetside 2 Thread - Page 52

post #511 of 3016
They're postulating that the game will be around in 2025, and people scoff at me when I say that SOE has a really long-term mindset for development.... rolleyes.gif
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #512 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganf View Post

They're postulating that the game will be around in 2025, and people scoff at me when I say that SOE has a really long-term mindset for development.... rolleyes.gif

Well PS1 is still around I believe, and that came out 10 years or so ago.
Z270
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @5.0 1.33v Asus ROG Hero IX EVGA 1080Ti FE G-Skill 3200mhz 8x2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo 512gb M.2 Be quiet! Dark Rock TF Windows 10 Home Asus Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion EVGA G3 850W  Caselabs BH7 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Spectrum 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @5.0 1.33v Asus ROG Hero IX EVGA 1080Ti FE G-Skill 3200mhz 8x2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo 512gb M.2 Be quiet! Dark Rock TF Windows 10 Home Asus Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion EVGA G3 850W  Caselabs BH7 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Spectrum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #513 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacheezi View Post

Well PS1 is still around I believe, and that came out 10 years or so ago.

I can see me playing this from my retirement home wheelchair tongue.gif
post #514 of 3016
Just wanted to shoot some numbers out there--I've been playing this game for a few days and was a little disturbed by the crap FPS (but I really enjoy the game). I was playing on an AMD FX 8120 (at stock speeds, 3.1ghz I believe) and crossfire 7970s. In busy areas I would get down to 15 or so FPS at the low end. This, by the way, was with my graphics all set to medium.

I followed some of the advice earlier in the thread and set my render distance to 1000 and decided to overclock my CPU (I thought it was, forgot that I had turned it off for some reason awhile back and after moving never re-oc'ed it). Now with the render @ 1000 and CPU @ 4.5ghz I am managing to stay well above 30fps, even in crowded areas--with the average around 55-65fps. A little disappointing (as 50-60 fps is really the minimum I like to see when playing, otherwise it does feel slow). At least it is playable now but the majority of the time it is showing my CPU as being the bottleneck until I get into the 90s or low 100s FPS.

Figured someone might find that info useful and maybe can help gauge what they may or may not need to upgrade. If anyone is on Waterson, I'm "usmcz" on VS. Feel free to friend me, I'm always looking for some tips.

Now to figure out how to fix the joystick sensitivity/deadspots... thumb.gif
post #515 of 3016
Quote:
I'm "usmcz" on VS

Sorry, I don't give tips to the enemy! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif
Z270
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @5.0 1.33v Asus ROG Hero IX EVGA 1080Ti FE G-Skill 3200mhz 8x2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo 512gb M.2 Be quiet! Dark Rock TF Windows 10 Home Asus Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion EVGA G3 850W  Caselabs BH7 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Spectrum 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @5.0 1.33v Asus ROG Hero IX EVGA 1080Ti FE G-Skill 3200mhz 8x2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo 512gb M.2 Be quiet! Dark Rock TF Windows 10 Home Asus Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion EVGA G3 850W  Caselabs BH7 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Spectrum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #516 of 3016
I would drop to 20 fps at stock default settings, but brought it up to 30 fps by setting render distance to 1000, using the core unparking utility, and overclocking my CPU to 3.6 GHz.

For VS engineers and light assault, I'd recommend picking up a Solstice SF and 2 sets of equipment to attach to it:
--HS/NV 1x Scope + Underbarrel Smoke Grenade Launcher
--2x Reflex scope + Underbarrel HE Grenade Launcher

The underslung grenades are free, and you get 2 with every re-equip (either smoke or HE). The HE has a small blast radius, but it's a one hit kill on a direct hit (except for MAX).
You can see through smoke with a Night Vision scope. Smoke is very helpful when breaking into turtled bases to remove line of sight between you and the several dozen campers that will try to shoot you as soon as you step through the door. Everyone in my outfit is required to have at least one weapon with a Night Vision scope - we use a lot of smoke sometimes, and it seems to work really well (for example, Tech Plant back doors aren't usually a problem to breach if you smoke the floor and balcony with dozens of smoke grenades)
Edited by willis888 - 12/4/12 at 4:42am
post #517 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcz View Post

If anyone is on Waterson, I'm "usmcz" on VS. Feel free to friend me, I'm always looking for some tips.

Mark78 on Waterson VS.
post #518 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis888 View Post

I would drop to 20 fps at stock default settings, but brought it up to 30 fps by setting render distance to 1000, using the core unparking utility, and overclocking my CPU to 3.6 GHz.
For VS engineers and light assault, I'd recommend picking up a Solstice SF and 2 sets of equipment to attach to it:
--HS/NV 1x Scope + Underbarrel Smoke Grenade Launcher
--2x Reflex scope + Underbarrel HE Grenade Launcher
The underslung grenades are free, and you get 2 with every re-equip (either smoke or HE). The HE has a small blast radius, but it's a one hit kill on a direct hit (except for MAX).
You can see through smoke with a Night Vision scope. Smoke is very helpful when breaking into turtled bases to remove line of sight between you and the several dozen campers that will try to shoot you as soon as you step through the door. Everyone in my outfit is required to have at least one weapon with a Night Vision scope - we use a lot of smoke sometimes, and it seems to work really well (for example, Tech Plant back doors aren't usually a problem to breach if you smoke the floor and balcony with dozens of smoke grenades)

And medics get a equinox, they also have the grenade launcher.
post #519 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis888 View Post

I would drop to 20 fps at stock default settings, but brought it up to 30 fps by setting render distance to 1000, using the core unparking utility, and overclocking my CPU to 3.6 GHz.
For VS engineers and light assault, I'd recommend picking up a Solstice SF and 2 sets of equipment to attach to it:
--HS/NV 1x Scope + Underbarrel Smoke Grenade Launcher
--2x Reflex scope + Underbarrel HE Grenade Launcher

Thanks for the weapon recommendation. I am a VS engineer.
Currently have approximately 900 certs saved up. Will be buying a new weapon soon.
Looking forward to the underbarrel launcher.

Another thing I read to improve fps is to set shadow quality and flora quality to medium or low.
I play with ultra graphics but with shadows on medium, fog shadows off, flora on ultra (because I like beautiful flora), motion blur off.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #520 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcz View Post

Just wanted to shoot some numbers out there--I've been playing this game for a few days and was a little disturbed by the crap FPS (but I really enjoy the game). I was playing on an AMD FX 8120 (at stock speeds, 3.1ghz I believe) and crossfire 7970s. In busy areas I would get down to 15 or so FPS at the low end. This, by the way, was with my graphics all set to medium.

I followed some of the advice earlier in the thread and set my render distance to 1000 and decided to overclock my CPU (I thought it was, forgot that I had turned it off for some reason awhile back and after moving never re-oc'ed it). Now with the render @ 1000 and CPU @ 4.5ghz I am managing to stay well above 30fps, even in crowded areas--with the average around 55-65fps. A little disappointing (as 50-60 fps is really the minimum I like to see when playing, otherwise it does feel slow). At least it is playable now but the majority of the time it is showing my CPU as being the bottleneck until I get into the 90s or low 100s FPS.

Figured someone might find that info useful and maybe can help gauge what they may or may not need to upgrade. If anyone is on Waterson, I'm "usmcz" on VS. Feel free to friend me, I'm always looking for some tips.

Now to figure out how to fix the joystick sensitivity/deadspots... thumb.gif

Dude! Where have you been? You dropped BF3?
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Planetside 2 Thread