Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD HD 78xx problems(all users with problems please post here) we want AMD support on this ASAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD HD 78xx problems(all users with problems please post here) we want AMD support on this ASAP - Page 29

post #281 of 481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahnglenn View Post

I doubt it bro. Coz when I use furmark - which is MUCH more stressful than a regular game, I can run it for hours without any crash at all on 1200/1300 clocks. But When playing FarCry 3 or BF3, It will sometimes crash/reboot/driver error. I never had a black screen as far as I can remember (but maybe because my 32 ledtv shows blue when no display?).
But nonetheless, My Vortex II rocks right now and so far so good. Enjoying playing FC3, BF3, ME3, D3, (what else you have a part three there? ^_^ ) but seriously all these games are super awesome and these are the games that I pay everyday. So far so good. Never had a crash anymore since I lowered my CPU oc a bit. (not my GPU).

Constant load would not reveal black screen, because there are almost no v drops, game is other story, there are more and less hard parts of rendering, so because of constant switching and capacitor problem, black screen will appear.
Green Hell
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 6950X @ 4.3 GHz 1.35V Asus Rampage V Extreme Edition 10  GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 128 GB 3200 MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Fully custom watercooling system Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator XB321HK Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 Edition 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AXi 1500W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba Asus ROG Strix Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Hell
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 6950X @ 4.3 GHz 1.35V Asus Rampage V Extreme Edition 10  GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 128 GB 3200 MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Fully custom watercooling system Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator XB321HK Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 Edition 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AXi 1500W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba Asus ROG Strix Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #282 of 481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by starships View Post

The Vortex II was the cheapest I've seen a 7870, it was part of the reason I didn't cancel my order lol. 199.99 at NCIX during Black Friday. Glad you have yours working fine now.
I wrote in my first edit that I updated to 12.11, also installed cap 2. The reason these cards with the black screen problem work for anything but 3d applications is, iirc, the capacitors are bad. So, they are fine until the load increases, at which point they stumble and you get a crash.
Got my RMA number from NCIX today, hope I can get them to pay shipping lol. It's a pain because I have to ship across all of Canada, which means more time and money.
Where do you see the SKU?
Thank you for all the responses guys. thumb.gif

If you have Sapphire card, you can see it on back of the card and on box, i dont know for other manufacturers, and also bear in mind that other manufacturers are using different SKUs number.
Green Hell
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 6950X @ 4.3 GHz 1.35V Asus Rampage V Extreme Edition 10  GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 128 GB 3200 MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Fully custom watercooling system Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator XB321HK Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 Edition 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AXi 1500W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba Asus ROG Strix Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Hell
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 6950X @ 4.3 GHz 1.35V Asus Rampage V Extreme Edition 10  GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 128 GB 3200 MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Fully custom watercooling system Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator XB321HK Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 Edition 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AXi 1500W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba Asus ROG Strix Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #283 of 481
im having this same problem but with my 2 7950's, anyone getting this issue with 7950/7970's? is the fix rma if so what have you said to them to help me get the process going quicker and how long did it take to get your cards back?
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #284 of 481
Has anyone determined as specific SKU range for the Sapphire cards that are defective? I have had no issues on my card as of yet, my sku is 11199-03-20G. I did have some issues early on with the GPU entering a sleep state and not coming out of it without a reboot. Other than that, I have not experienced any black or green screens.

I am however worried that perhaps I am not having these issues because I do not game enough. Is there anyway to know for sure that your card is defective? In other words, is there a set combination of variables that need to be satisfied for this issue to happen, or is it present within normal gaming sessions?
post #285 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbby258 View Post

im having this same problem but with my 2 7950's, anyone getting this issue with 7950/7970's? is the fix rma if so what have you said to them to help me get the process going quicker and how long did it take to get your cards back?
I don't know if 7900 series cards have this issue too, I would try them both individually first and see if they work. If you've done that and both of them still black screen then I would say to RMA, not sure if you can say anything to speed up the process. It would be incredibly unlucky for you if both of your cards are affected. frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2e View Post

Has anyone determined as specific SKU range for the Sapphire cards that are defective? I have had no issues on my card as of yet, my sku is 11199-03-20G. I did have some issues early on with the GPU entering a sleep state and not coming out of it without a reboot. Other than that, I have not experienced any black or green screens.
I am however worried that perhaps I am not having these issues because I do not game enough. Is there anyway to know for sure that your card is defective? In other words, is there a set combination of variables that need to be satisfied for this issue to happen, or is it present within normal gaming sessions?
From what Sena said, I don't think the problem is limited to any particular SKU. The black screens will happen within a few minutes of gaming, mine can load Skyrim but crashes after like 3 minutes, starts artifacting in Chivalry home screen then crashes, crashes right away with any stress test program. I noticed that putting a game on a higher graphics detail will cause it to crash faster, most likely putting more strain on the capacitors through higher gpu usage.
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #286 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by starships View Post

From what Sena said, I don't think the problem is limited to any particular SKU. The black screens will happen within a few minutes of gaming, mine can load Skyrim but crashes after like 3 minutes, starts artifacting in Chivalry home screen then crashes, crashes right away with any stress test program. I noticed that putting a game on a higher graphics detail will cause it to crash faster, most likely putting more strain on the capacitors through higher gpu usage.

Actually, now that I think about it, it shouldn't be related to a specific SKU, as this number tends to be static. A more accurate indicator would be the serial number, however I highly doubt that this information is publicly available from Sapphire. I am sure that through their RMA's and internal manufacturing records that they know what the cutoff is for effected serial numbers.

If what you say is how all of the defective units act, then I do not have one. I have run countless benches, and have plenty of game time with my GPU, yet I have not experienced any crashing as of yet.

Thanks for your insight! biggrin.gif
post #287 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2e View Post

Actually, now that I think about it, it shouldn't be related to a specific SKU, as this number tends to be static. A more accurate indicator would be the serial number, however I highly doubt that this information is publicly available from Sapphire. I am sure that through their RMA's and internal manufacturing records that they know what the cutoff is for effected serial numbers.
If what you say is how all of the defective units act, then I do not have one. I have run countless benches, and have plenty of game time with my GPU, yet I have not experienced any crashing as of yet.
Thanks for your insight! biggrin.gif


Mee too! thumb.gif been playing BF3 and Far Cry 3 now for hours with vortex II oced @ 1200 / 1300 and has no issues whatsoever. This card kicks ass!
post #288 of 481
Thread Starter 
All of you bear in mind that black screen doesnt have to happen after couple of minutes, my card black screen after 20 minutes in SCII, and after about 15-20 hours of BF3 and ETS2.
Green Hell
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 6950X @ 4.3 GHz 1.35V Asus Rampage V Extreme Edition 10  GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 128 GB 3200 MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Fully custom watercooling system Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator XB321HK Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 Edition 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AXi 1500W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba Asus ROG Strix Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Hell
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 6950X @ 4.3 GHz 1.35V Asus Rampage V Extreme Edition 10  GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz GTX 1080 @ 2.1 GHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 128 GB 3200 MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Fully custom watercooling system Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator XB321HK Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 Edition 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AXi 1500W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba Asus ROG Strix Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #289 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by sena View Post

All of you bear in mind that black screen doesnt have to happen after couple of minutes, my card black screen after 20 minutes in SCII, and after about 15-20 hours of BF3 and ETS2.

well bear in mind that this "black screen" doesn't happen on all 7870. probably less than 5% of all 7800 as per sapphire support. I don't play in minutes, I play like 7 hours straight a day. And it's my 6th day now hard gaming without any 'black screen' at all. Lucky me I guess. or Unlucky 5%.
post #290 of 481
mine is very random and normally after a few hours
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD HD 78xx problems(all users with problems please post here) we want AMD support on this ASAP