I have had 2 Cougars running@700RPM for about 3 months now sitting underneath my XSPC EX280 and I cannot really complaint about them...
- relatively quiet @700RPM
- they push enough air to cool i5 2500K@5GHz to just under 70C under full load with 30min of Prime torture testing
- some people complaint about the noise they made when installed horizontally, but I think Cougar addressed the problem and there is no other noise than hum of the air going through the rad
- sleeved cables
- 1200-700RPM adapter
- rubber mountings with rubber edges to reduce the vibrations
- they push hell of the air @1200RPM- i5 2500K@5GHz stress tested with Prime for 30 did not exceed 66C!
- I have just bought another 2 to have push/pull config, so they cannot be that bad...
- they are designed by Germans Vorsprung durch Technik
- I would still buy GTs if they were in 140mm size or have enough room for 120-140 adapters
- rather noisy @1200RPM, but that is very subjective
- the blades are orange, I could not find black version in the UK
I hope that helps a bit.