Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Project "Overkill" - Quad GeForce Titan's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Project "Overkill" - Quad GeForce Titan's - Page 29

post #281 of 782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamobob1 View Post

looking good smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post

Coming along pretty nicely! Pump mount and wiring loom looks great! thumb.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Cabling is still going...

I did the HDD caddies and a few other misc things,

it is slow and frustrating work at times, but I will get through it by weeks end.

Few pics (not really that exciting)





This is the cable to connect to the lighting switch / wiring harness



I'm just about to start on the USB cabling, I picked up a few meter's of it (yellow wire = green).



Edited by soth - 12/10/12 at 6:26pm
post #282 of 782
So much sleeving.. drool.gif

Are you sleeving every single wire in this build?
New RIgggg
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-2100 3.10Ghz Azrock H77M Pro Asus Direct CUII 7850 2GB 2 x 2GB GSkill  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 7200rpm 320GB Samsung 7200rpm 500GB Seagate 7200rpm 500GB Stock with Arctic Cooling MX-4 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 1366x768 ASUS Monitor 1280x1024 Dell Monitor Shit one. 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 600W Corsair 400r Shit one. 
  hide details  
Reply
New RIgggg
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-2100 3.10Ghz Azrock H77M Pro Asus Direct CUII 7850 2GB 2 x 2GB GSkill  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 7200rpm 320GB Samsung 7200rpm 500GB Seagate 7200rpm 500GB Stock with Arctic Cooling MX-4 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 1366x768 ASUS Monitor 1280x1024 Dell Monitor Shit one. 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 600W Corsair 400r Shit one. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #283 of 782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineGraphics View Post

So much sleeving.. drool.gif
Are you sleeving every single wire in this build?

Unfortunately yes I am as this case doesn't really allow you to hide any cabling.

I wanted to hide some under the base of the case, but when I drilled the holes for the pumps i realized the base panel would not support the weight of the pumps and motherboard if holes were drilled for cabling.

I suppose you could hide some of it behind the motherboard tray, but that is still very limiting and can still be viewed from the top window.

I am nearing the end of my second 60metre (200ft) roll of sleeving, and there is still approximately 25 cables to do, many of which are multiple wires, so I've ordered a 3rd roll.
post #284 of 782
How're you liking those Vantec racks? I'm curious as well to the construction of them...would you be able to mod the HDD activity LED if you wanted to?
post #285 of 782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post

How're you liking those Vantec racks? I'm curious as well to the construction of them...would you be able to mod the HDD activity LED if you wanted to?

The stock fan is quite loud as its just some cheap no name 50mm fan. So I replaced it with a silent fan which was easy to do, 8 screws hold the top to the bottom, then its just sliding the existing fan out and sliding the new one in.

The LED's can be modded, they are 3mm and run on a fairly long cable that runs from the back of the unit to the front. The only thing holding down the cable are some clips and a bit of craft glue (something you could easily remove with a heat gun)
Edited by soth - 12/10/12 at 11:49pm
post #286 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by soth View Post

The stock fan is quite loud as its just some cheap no name 50mm fan. So I replaced it with a silent fan which was easy to do, 8 screws hold the top to the bottom, then its just sliding the existing fan out and sliding the new one in.
The LED's can be modded, they are 3mm and run on a fairly long cable that runs from the back of the unit to the front. The only thing holding down the cable are some clips and a bit of craft glue (something you could easily remove with a heat gun)

Wow, more info than I could have asked for! One more question on the bays; could the bay release clips be easily painted from the stock red? (i.e. removed easily for a clean paint job)
post #287 of 782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post

Wow, more info than I could have asked for! One more question on the bays; could the bay release clips be easily painted from the stock red? (i.e. removed easily for a clean paint job)

There is a screw behind each clip that can easily be undone to remove the clip for painting (not a bad idea - might steal that one smile.gif)
post #288 of 782
Thread Starter 
Work continues at a slow but steady rate.

Working on the wiring for the switch / led's at the front. Only have the power switch to go.





I've also finished the extension leads for the cathodes (top panel)




USB cable is ready to be sleeved and is next on my list after the power switch.
post #289 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by soth View Post

There is a screw behind each clip that can easily be undone to remove the clip for painting (not a bad idea - might steal that one smile.gif)

Steal all you'd like! Thanks for tracking down all that info! That'll save me the cost difference from the IcyDocks. + Rep to you good sir thumb.gif
post #290 of 782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post

Steal all you'd like! Thanks for tracking down all that info! That'll save me the cost difference from the IcyDocks. + Rep to you good sir thumb.gif

Thanks man, happy to help,

Here's an image of the clip,



In other news, about a week or so back i attempted to build the top panel. I had planned to use the top panel for 3 exhaust fans and 2 cold cathodes (with a window).

However unfortunately there wasn't enough clearance between the motherboard tray and the top of the case for this to work. The fans themselves fit but the 8 pin motherboard cabling and tubing from the GPU loop did not fit.

So I've made other plans to work around it as I think the exhaust is important to remove the hot air,

The biggest part of this new plan arrived about an hour ago.



This will be a job for the weekend I think or I'll never get the cabling done for the front panel, usb, pumps etc.
Edited by soth - 12/11/12 at 8:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Project "Overkill" - Quad GeForce Titan's