Happy Holidays MechWarriors!
‘Tis the season to Deck your 'Mech with holiday themed Items! These Items are here for a limited time and are sure to please the miss. “Look honey I hung the Xmas lights”. For some added tactical options you can turn your holiday lights on and off. Oddly enough, powering down your BattleMech does not affect the holiday lights, they are powered by holiday spirit!
ECM is here and personally I can’t wait to ruin some streakcats’ day with this excellent piece of equipment. I am going to be honest with you, ECM is a game changer! Let us know how you feel about it on the forums because lately I think you guys have been holding back and not telling us how you really feel.
The Cataphract Hero Mech “Ilya Muromets” is in this patch with an excellent skin by our man Hayden. What can I say about this Mech? “Ilya?.. More Like Kill Ya!” is how our tools programmer Kyle L put it and I have to agree.
I can’t remember...but I think you guys wanted 8-player groups too right? Well those are in there too. You choose “8-Player Required” when creating a group. You will require 8-players to launch and your groups will only be matched against other 8-player groups.
Once again I want to remind you we have people 100% focused on performance and networking and we are making headway. The people making these above features are separate group of resources.
Until next patch,
Open Beta Update 5: Inbound!
Today we have a yet another huge patch you can start downloading as we speak. Here’s a list of everything included in this patch:
- Matchmaking: Phase 2
- New Hero Mech: Ilya Muromets!
- New Cockpit items: Santa, Snowman, Holiday Tree, Christmas Elf, Holiday Lights (!!!), Gift Boxes, Lump of Coal, Holiday Wreath!
- Various performance fixes (as well as ones specific to Forest Colony/Snow!)
- Projectile system performance upgrade #1!
And now the much more detailed explanations of the new systems!
Matchmaking: Phase 2
It’s now time to roll-out Phase 2 of our Matchmaker. This feature brings back the ability to launch 8-player groups versus other 8-player groups. Now is the time that competitive gameplay can begin. While Phase 2 does not utilize weight class balancing, Phase 3 will do so. For now it’s important that we get the 8-player groups into battle rather than waiting long periods of time to find an appropriate opposing team build.
That being said, it is now safe to speculate that Phase 2 marks the beginning of our plans to incorporate more tools for both Community Warfare and community driven e-Sport gameplay. Even more tools will be brought online with Phase 3 of Matchmaking, and some more specialized spectator tools, but it will take time.
Rest assured that we have heard the voice of the large Merc Corps, competitive league players and fully understand the needs of certain functionality/tools that will need to be added. More detail on what we have planned will be forthcoming over the next few months.
Until then, let’s see what kind of power builds you the community can come up with in terms of structured two lance builds.
More information available here
|Holiday Cockpit Items Part 1
Nothing says 'It's the Holidays!' like MechWarrior, and to further combine the two we’re adding the following purchasable cockpit items for you to enjoy:
- Bobblehead Santa - Atlas-t!
- Elf – We Command(o) you to love this!
- Snowman – Isn’t it Awesome?
- Holiday Tree – To remind you of the holidays!
- Lump of Coal – Because you realize you were bad.
- Holiday Gifts – Because you’ll get presents anyway.
- Wreath – For a snazzy decoration!
- Holiday Lights – Because they are totally amazing!
We want to thank all of you for your dedication and passion, and we hope you have a great Holiday!
The all new ECM can be read about in great detail here
– but to sum up it will greatly add to the roles of Scouts and defensive support. In ‘disrupt’ mode you can make missile locks take twice as long, force enemies much closer to get you on their radar, and help counter the extended range of the Beagle Active Probe!
See you on the battlefield!
Big Update guys! I am patching as I type.