Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PC Gamer] DICE threatens permanent bans for users of color-editing Battlefield 3 mod
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PC Gamer] DICE threatens permanent bans for users of color-editing Battlefield 3 mod - Page 32

post #311 of 351
Wow I think this thread came onto something. Maybe DICE used the highest quality monitors they could find when building this game for the art direction. I currently am sporting a Dell 19" 1440x900 screen and I think the game looks good on my monitor. This screen is probably low end if you ask me but it definitely still works for the game.

What I did so I an improve my enemy recognition is turn off motion blur.

I'm sorry guys but I gotta agree on EA's side. Modding the game in any way shape or form is cheating and should result in a ban. You guys know better. Stop acting like EA is doing something wrong in this matter. EA designed this game to where everyone is on the same field. Everyone has the same view distance, and thing is identically the same (not in terms of image quality). The only difference is if you cannot run the game, you cannot run the game. If you can, then you can. You are responsible for your own equipment when it comes to Battlefield 3. If you do not want to invest in a decent graphics card, then thats is on you. If you do not like the color scheme, then don't play the game. I stopped playing the game and switched back to COD4 for the time being until dice fixes some issues with the game. Until then, I'm not gonna complain. I am just not going to play.
post #312 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanecmusic View Post

Wow I think this thread came onto something. Maybe DICE used the highest quality monitors they could find when building this game for the art direction. I currently am sporting a Dell 19" 1440x900 screen and I think the game looks good on my monitor. This screen is probably low end if you ask me but it definitely still works for the game.
What I did so I an improve my enemy recognition is turn off motion blur.
I'm sorry guys but I gotta agree on EA's side. Modding the game in any way shape or form is cheating and should result in a ban. You guys know better. Stop acting like EA is doing something wrong in this matter. EA designed this game to where everyone is on the same field. Everyone has the same view distance, and thing is identically the same (not in terms of image quality). The only difference is if you cannot run the game, you cannot run the game. If you can, then you can. You are responsible for your own equipment when it comes to Battlefield 3. If you do not want to invest in a decent graphics card, then thats is on you. If you do not like the color scheme, then don't play the game. I stopped playing the game and switched back to COD4 for the time being until dice fixes some issues with the game. Until then, I'm not gonna complain. I am just not going to play.

Negative. Playing on Low gives the player a advantage actually still.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #313 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post

I kinda called out these people in general, but not that guy specifically wink.gif. This particular... person... came out of the blue indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse^_^ View Post

Hahaha, pun intended wink.gif
I got no blueing, on my BenQ monitor, just a subpar pallet in my opinion.

i just re-calibrated my old al-2216w(since acer is being useless, my 235hz is still in the shop)
turned blue to 40, red and green both to 50, blue tint looks almost non existent on this as well now(although colors still arent that good compared to the 235hz, from my memory anyway)
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
post #314 of 351
I've been playing with the Realmware Colour Tweaker for days, no ban.

Enthoo Luxe
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k 4.5Ghz MSI X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION 1080 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb boot drive / (2) WD 1 TB RAID 0 Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 ASUS PG278Q Swift 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2017 Corsair HX1000i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Kone Pure 2017 
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster X7 Philips Fidelio X2 
  hide details  
Reply
Enthoo Luxe
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k 4.5Ghz MSI X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION 1080 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb boot drive / (2) WD 1 TB RAID 0 Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 ASUS PG278Q Swift 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2017 Corsair HX1000i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Kone Pure 2017 
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster X7 Philips Fidelio X2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #315 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

Negative. Playing on Low gives the player a advantage actually still.

not as much as adjusting view distance. the only difference is frames. in the days of quake 3 arena, competitive players would turn the music and special effects down so the ycould have the advantage.

this is different.
post #316 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

Why? It's probably in the user agreement that editing files is not allowed..

Because the game looks dull without it and it would not be fair given the amount of money people have spent on the game.

They wont issue permanent bans anyway.. they dont ban cheaters?
First Intel Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k OEM Maximus Extreme IV Z Z68 6970 MSI Lightining Red mod with satin black DW... Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (operating system raid0) Samsung 2 x 500gb 7200rpm in raid0 for games an... OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (operating system raid0) Corsair H100 Watercooling Kit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung Pebble 22" Samsung 27" Led SA350 Microsoft Reclusa BFG 800 Watt 
CaseMouseAudio
Zalman Plus 9 Tower Logitech G5 Asus Zonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
First Intel Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k OEM Maximus Extreme IV Z Z68 6970 MSI Lightining Red mod with satin black DW... Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (operating system raid0) Samsung 2 x 500gb 7200rpm in raid0 for games an... OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (operating system raid0) Corsair H100 Watercooling Kit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung Pebble 22" Samsung 27" Led SA350 Microsoft Reclusa BFG 800 Watt 
CaseMouseAudio
Zalman Plus 9 Tower Logitech G5 Asus Zonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #317 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dzy View Post

Because the game looks dull without it and it would not be fair given the amount of money people have spent on the game.
"A fool and his money soon part."
post #318 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dzy View Post

Because the game looks dull without it and it would not be fair given the amount of money people have spent on the game.
They wont issue permanent bans anyway.. they dont ban cheaters?

How the game looks is irrelevant and it would be plenty fair since you agreed not to edit files when you installed the game. Ignorance definitely isn't an excuse.
post #319 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

How the game looks is irrelevant and it would be plenty fair since you agreed not to edit files when you installed the game. Ignorance definitely isn't an excuse.

I really doubt you didn't edit any file. Did you change your graphics option? If so, your config has been edited. tongue.gif
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #320 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

I really doubt you didn't edit any file. Did you change your graphics option? If so, your config has been edited. tongue.gif

Only those of which that DICE allowed access to. xD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PC Gamer] DICE threatens permanent bans for users of color-editing Battlefield 3 mod