Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Facebook reaches 1 billion users.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BBC] Facebook reaches 1 billion users. - Page 4

post #31 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt View Post

Neither.
Ok so you don't like social things.
post #32 of 60
oooh Facebook, the most useless website on god green earth.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 5040MHz @ 1.48 - 1.53v @ VTT/VCCSA ... Asus rampage extreme IV Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @ 1580/4050MHz @ 1.325V Corsair Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz. ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB WD Black 1TB 64Mb Cache  WD Blue 500GB 16mb Cache 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB 64mb Cache LG DVD EK-FB KIT RE4 - Acetal EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate - Black 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Laing D5 Vario 12V DC Pump (MCP 655)  EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir - Plexi EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240) EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (120) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-CoolStream XE 120 (Single) 8x Corsair Air SP120 PWM High Performance Edition 3x Corsair Air AF120 High Performance Edition EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block (Nickel Acetal) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-FC970 GTX WF3 - Acetal+Nickel Windows 10 64-bit v1511 build 10586.14 BenQ RL2755HM LG W2261 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23C350 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Thermaltake Level 10 GT 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 5600DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 5040MHz @ 1.48 - 1.53v @ VTT/VCCSA ... Asus rampage extreme IV Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @ 1580/4050MHz @ 1.325V Corsair Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz. ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB WD Black 1TB 64Mb Cache  WD Blue 500GB 16mb Cache 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB 64mb Cache LG DVD EK-FB KIT RE4 - Acetal EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate - Black 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Laing D5 Vario 12V DC Pump (MCP 655)  EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir - Plexi EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240) EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (120) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-CoolStream XE 120 (Single) 8x Corsair Air SP120 PWM High Performance Edition 3x Corsair Air AF120 High Performance Edition EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block (Nickel Acetal) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-FC970 GTX WF3 - Acetal+Nickel Windows 10 64-bit v1511 build 10586.14 BenQ RL2755HM LG W2261 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23C350 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Thermaltake Level 10 GT 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 5600DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post

oooh Facebook, the most useless website on god green earth.
Mustn't be that useless if so many people have joined it ^_^
Plus why so many hating on facebook are they Twitter people ?
post #34 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makyl View Post

I just deleted my account so now its one less.tongue.gif

Did you actually delete your account or just disable it?

And yes, its quite concerning. As it is right now I don't see much threat or risk with who or what is a part of Facebook. I only fear what could happen if it ever falls into the wrong hands.

Some people hold their social status, or value, a little too highly, eh? Whoever gets a hold of your account would have to have an interest in finding more out about you, which would suggestion there was some sort of personal connection to get information from you anyways. So the concern of how the large populace is isn't anything concerning if "they" got their hands on it.
post #35 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRaZiGLiTcH View Post

Mustn't be that useless if so many people have joined it ^_^
Plus why so many hating on facebook are they Twitter people ?

biggrin.gif I do use twitter. I like twitter. I don't don't like Facebook, i like Facebook, it was nice for the first month i used it, but not anymore.

I don't care about virtual friends that i have never met and will most likely never meet. and I don't care about Farmville. I have my two best friends who I know for the past 14 years (i'm 20 btw) and they are more than enough for me, and I have OCN to actually talk to people who are not brain dead, and I have my battlefield 3 and Diablo 3 to play.

I'm not going to wake up at 2AM to plant a stupid tree in a stupid virtual world -_-

twitter allow me to talk to game developer and game companies and see what other people are working on. Also I can talk to John carmack biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 5040MHz @ 1.48 - 1.53v @ VTT/VCCSA ... Asus rampage extreme IV Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @ 1580/4050MHz @ 1.325V Corsair Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz. ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB WD Black 1TB 64Mb Cache  WD Blue 500GB 16mb Cache 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB 64mb Cache LG DVD EK-FB KIT RE4 - Acetal EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate - Black 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Laing D5 Vario 12V DC Pump (MCP 655)  EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir - Plexi EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240) EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (120) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-CoolStream XE 120 (Single) 8x Corsair Air SP120 PWM High Performance Edition 3x Corsair Air AF120 High Performance Edition EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block (Nickel Acetal) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-FC970 GTX WF3 - Acetal+Nickel Windows 10 64-bit v1511 build 10586.14 BenQ RL2755HM LG W2261 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23C350 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Thermaltake Level 10 GT 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 5600DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 5040MHz @ 1.48 - 1.53v @ VTT/VCCSA ... Asus rampage extreme IV Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @ 1580/4050MHz @ 1.325V Corsair Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz. ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB WD Black 1TB 64Mb Cache  WD Blue 500GB 16mb Cache 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB 64mb Cache LG DVD EK-FB KIT RE4 - Acetal EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate - Black 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Laing D5 Vario 12V DC Pump (MCP 655)  EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir - Plexi EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240) EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (120) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-CoolStream XE 120 (Single) 8x Corsair Air SP120 PWM High Performance Edition 3x Corsair Air AF120 High Performance Edition EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block (Nickel Acetal) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-FC970 GTX WF3 - Acetal+Nickel Windows 10 64-bit v1511 build 10586.14 BenQ RL2755HM LG W2261 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23C350 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Thermaltake Level 10 GT 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 5600DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post

biggrin.gif I do use twitter. I like twitter. I don't don't like Facebook, i like Facebook, it was nice for the first month i used it, but not anymore.
I don't care about virtual friends that i have never met and will most likely never meet. and I don't care about Farmville. I have my two best friends who I know for the past 14 years (i'm 20 btw) and they are more than enough for me, and I have OCN to actually talk to people who are not brain dead, and I have my battlefield 3 and Diablo 3 to play.
I'm not going to wake up at 2AM to plant a stupid tree in a stupid virtual world -_-
twitter allow me to talk to game developer and game companies and see what other people are working on. Also I can talk to John carmack biggrin.gif
Yes Twitter is better ^_^ alot of awesome people are on there thumb.gif
post #37 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRaZiGLiTcH View Post

Ok so you don't like social things.

What I don't like is garbage companies such as Facebook in this case.
post #38 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt View Post

What I don't like is garbage companies such as Facebook in this case.
So you hate companies or just facebook but if you hate companies i got bad news everything is manly made by Companies.
Plus why do you hate Facebook so much ? its not like it said you suck or anything LOL
post #39 of 60
Some people just refuse to understand, that for some people, Facebook does have a valid purpose. Like me for example - I use it to cut down on long distance calling with friends and family. I hate talking on the phone for one, and Facebook allows an easy method of communication for me and those I care about. It is also very helpful for discussions with classmates, and the like. I've never played a single Facebook game, and probably never will. Also, I've been using Facebook as a place to share some of my photography hobby with family and friends I don't see as often as I like. I use Facebook, and am not ashamed of it. In fact, I believe it is quite useful in many ways, especially now that I am in college. And maybe it's a location specific thing, but everyone I know, except for maybe two or three people, has an account and actually uses it. My dad doesn't but his girlfriend does, my grandma doesn't, but she's not far off...and that's all I can think of. By not having an account of some form could actually become a limitation as far as I'm concerned - many jobs will check Facebook accounts; I would be excluded from a lot of college related stuff without my account; I would have much less frequent contact with family members than I already do. Just use it appropriately...not that tough.

I honestly just think it has become "hip", a fad, to hate on Facebook. Since most of the "haters", I am assuming, use Twitter or similar. It's a superiority thing - "I made the move from Facebook to _____ ages ago, get with the times!" But that's missing the point, IMO.
Edited by Aaron_Henderson - 10/6/12 at 2:22am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3565 (i7 960) Dell Precision T3500 Gigabyte R9 290X Windforce 10GB DDR3 PC3-10600 (5x2GB)  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
160GB+1TB 3.5"  Corsair H80 w/ clear tubing and 110mm tube rese... Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 245BW 24" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Not sure yet...looking at cheap mech boards at ... Corsair CX600 Corsair Carbide Spec 01 Cooler Master CM Storm Spawn 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steel Series QCK Kinter MA-160 MSI TV Anywhere Plus 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon X5450 Intel Xeon X5450 Proliant DL360 G5 EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked ACX 2.0 3GB 
RAMHard DriveOSPower
8GB (8x1GB) DDR2 667 FBDIMM 60GB SSD w/ PCIe SATA 3 controller Windows 7 Ultimate 700W 
Case
modified 1U (desktop conversion) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 5GHz Asrock Z68 Exteme 3 Gen 3 Asus R9 290X Direct CU II OC 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
750GB  Swiftech Apogee GT Danger Den CPX-1 Swiftech MCR220 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Swiftech Micro Res 23" 1080P Samsung Ducky "OCN Edition" 1008 Antec TruePower New 650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Shinobi XL window Cooler Master Storm Spawn Steel Series QCK+ Kinter MA-160 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3565 (i7 960) Dell Precision T3500 Gigabyte R9 290X Windforce 10GB DDR3 PC3-10600 (5x2GB)  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
160GB+1TB 3.5"  Corsair H80 w/ clear tubing and 110mm tube rese... Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 245BW 24" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Not sure yet...looking at cheap mech boards at ... Corsair CX600 Corsair Carbide Spec 01 Cooler Master CM Storm Spawn 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steel Series QCK Kinter MA-160 MSI TV Anywhere Plus 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon X5450 Intel Xeon X5450 Proliant DL360 G5 EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked ACX 2.0 3GB 
RAMHard DriveOSPower
8GB (8x1GB) DDR2 667 FBDIMM 60GB SSD w/ PCIe SATA 3 controller Windows 7 Ultimate 700W 
Case
modified 1U (desktop conversion) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 5GHz Asrock Z68 Exteme 3 Gen 3 Asus R9 290X Direct CU II OC 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
750GB  Swiftech Apogee GT Danger Den CPX-1 Swiftech MCR220 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Swiftech Micro Res 23" 1080P Samsung Ducky "OCN Edition" 1008 Antec TruePower New 650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Shinobi XL window Cooler Master Storm Spawn Steel Series QCK+ Kinter MA-160 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

Some people just refuse to understand, that for some people, Facebook does have a valid purpose. Like me for example - I use it to cut down on long distance calling with friends and family. I hate talking on the phone for one, and Facebook allows an easy method of communication for me and those I care about. It is also very helpful for discussions with classmates, and the like. I've never played a single Facebook game, and probably never will. Also, I've been using Facebook as a place to share some of my photography hobby with family and friends I don't see as often as I like. I use Facebook, and am not ashamed of it. In fact, I believe it is quite useful in many ways, especially now that I am in college. And maybe it's a location specific thing, but everyone I know, except for maybe two or three people, has an account and actually uses it. My dad doesn't but his girlfriend does, my grandma doesn't, but she's not far off...and that's all I can think of. By not having an account of some form could actually become a limitation as far as I'm concerned - many jobs will check Facebook accounts; I would be excluded from a lot of college related stuff without my account; I would have much less frequent contact with family members than I already do. Just use it appropriately...not that tough.
I honestly just think it has become "hip", a fad, to hate on Facebook. Since most of the "haters", I am assuming, use Twitter or similar. It's a superiority thing - "I made the move from Facebook to _____ ages ago, get with the times!" But that's missing the point, IMO.

thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Facebook reaches 1 billion users.