Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1028

post #10271 of 33556
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex-tpc View Post

Caught the delidding bug. Was hesitant to do it on a 3770K that's 5Ghz Lynx Stable @ 1.288v, SPI 32M stable@1.216v and Prime95 Stable @ 1.315v smile.gif. Figured got enough mileage on it already to risk it and wanted to get higher 24/7 settings. Practiced on a 3570K for another rig first though biggrin.gif. Here's the pic for the 3750K practice:


Here's the 3770K entry:
OCN name: alex-tpc
CPU: i7-3770K
on die-TIM: CL Ultra
ihs-TIM: IC Diamond
Mhz gained: 193Mhz (from previous max OC)
OC after delid: 5632.18 MHz (102.4 * 55 @1.6v 2C2T --- 1.575v on bios @ 100% LLC)
Temp drops: 9C (based on 5050Mhz Lynx test)
CPU-Z validation of max OC: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2670416

Proc is now Prim95 5.147Ghz stable with 1.456v and Lynx stable @ 1.432v (using this setting 24/7 now) tongue.gif

You sir are in! Now slap that sig on! thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

This is not good for my brain - one side of me is strongly telling me to de-lid...and now it's for a good cause too...redface.gif


yup I'm more than likely going to delid this heck of a chip soon and get back into folding! FINALLY gonna show that Swag guy that I'm still in the lead here muhahahahahaha. especially now that my 680 can game and fold at the same time with the new drivers = amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Well that's the thing - I took it very seriously (before recording the video) - and knew that once I started recording, I would be a little entertaining.
I do take de-lidding extremely seriously, or else I wouldn't have even bought the pent4 to practice on.

I don't mind sending it to someone to do it - however for me it would be a personal accomplishment to do it myself.

I might have forgotten but with CLultra, when it comes to application ON THE DIE, what do you do? Spread it on the die, or just peas sized dot ont he die?
Considering on the IHS, you have to spread it - correct me if I'm wrong.

As for blade - would this be better?
hahaha

Yes that blade is the best.
post #10272 of 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Well that's the thing - I took it very seriously (before recording the video) - and knew that once I started recording, I would be a little entertaining.
I do take de-lidding extremely seriously, or else I wouldn't have even bought the pent4 to practice on.

I don't mind sending it to someone to do it - however for me it would be a personal accomplishment to do it myself.

I might have forgotten but with CLultra, when it comes to application ON THE DIE, what do you do? Spread it on the die, or just peas sized dot ont he die?
Considering on the IHS, you have to spread it - correct me if I'm wrong.

As for blade - would this be better?

well, you entertained me with it..i enjoyed watching it,
and yes, when you do the job yourself, it gives great satisfaction for sure smile.gif

yep, on the die the same method, spread it, i like to do thin layer, and another one on the inside ihs..

that blade worked wel for others, i havent tried it myself, i used a boxcutter for all my delids so..


the one you showed is one of the 3 best we use around here,


and this one, because its so very thin,

it cuts though the corners easier when there little room between the pcb and ihs
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10273 of 33556
Quote:
VonDutch pics

Thanks for the pics thumb.gif - very helpful as I am starting to prep...CoolLab stuff was ordered a week ago via DHL, so I hope it arrives soon so I can delid and add a custom-water-loop...still with my current setup, as a 'stating point' http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2671862 with some (<50) load on CPU

Question: What happens if some CoolLab Ultra drips off the die and onto the PCB (and I can't see it as the lid would be back on) ? Short circuits ? Explosions ? mad.gif
Edited by Joa3d43 - 1/29/13 at 1:19pm
post #10274 of 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

Thanks for the pics thumb.gif - very helpful as I am starting to prep...CoolLab stuff was ordered a week ago via DHL, so I hope it arrives soon so I can delid and add a custom-water-loop...still with my current setup, as a 'stating point' http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2671862 with some (<50) load on CPU

Question: What happens if some CoolLab Ultra drips off the die and onto the PCB (and I can't see it as the lid would be back on) ? Short circuits ? Explosions ? mad.gif

thats a first, i clicked your link, and google chrome blocked it, malware?? ...lol wauw

drips of the die...i dont think you should let that happen in the first place,
thats why i always say , use thin layers, its not like normal tim..
no, it wont explode in your face, it wont short anything, because the pcb has a protective layer on it smile.gif
but you dont want it to look like this,
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90
but it is conductive, so you have to keep that in mind if you use it..

i dont have a very good one of liquid on the die yet,
but check how little you need to do the ihs,


Edited by VonDutch - 1/29/13 at 1:31pm
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10275 of 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

Thanks for the pics thumb.gif - very helpful as I am starting to prep...CoolLab stuff was ordered a week ago via DHL, so I hope it arrives soon so I can delid and add a custom-water-loop...still with my current setup, as a 'stating point' http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2671862 with some (<50) load on CPU

Question: What happens if some CoolLab Ultra drips off the die and onto the PCB (and I can't see it as the lid would be back on) ? Short circuits ? Explosions ? mad.gif

There isn't anything exposed on the PCB around the die, unless the pcb is scratched/nicked (exposing copper underneath) a bit of runoff shouldn't hurt anything if it happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

thats a first, i clicked your link, and google chrome blocked it, malware?? ...lol wauw

drips of the die...i dont think you should let that happen in the first place,
thats why i always say , use thin layers, its not like normal tim..
no, it wont explode in your face, it wont short anything, because the pcb has a protective layer on it smile.gif
but you dont want it to look like this,
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Looks like all validation links are doing that right now, just looked a a couple that didn't have that message before, & they do now.
Edited by FtW 420 - 1/29/13 at 1:32pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10276 of 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post


Looks like all validation links are doing that right now, just looked a a couple that didn't have that message before, & they do now.

hope they know to over there, and do something about it, i trust google if it comes to dedecting malware sites,
not that its always right tho..but still

time for bed, been a long day, G'night guys smile.gif
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10277 of 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

hope they know to over there, and do something about it, i trust google if it comes to dedecting malware sites,
not that its always right tho..but still

time for bed, been a long day, G'night guys smile.gif

Looks like they got it sorted, I don't get the warning message now.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10278 of 33556
Oh yea btw I checked out my die after you guys said I put on too much but it had spread out and nothing went over the edges. My bottle of Ice Dragon will be shipping thursday biggrin.gif
post #10279 of 33556
Any reason you bought Ice dragon over mayhems white?
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10280 of 33556
Don't drink it...it sure looks like soy milk or something lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide