Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 109

post #1081 of 33695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

Intel lists 1.52v as the max vid range. VID is not vcore. Loadline is there by spec so introducing loadline which most people do when using those voltages changes things. Under load that 1.52v VID is probably closer to 1.4v. You might want to check out this older anandtech article which explains what loadline can do. I think that it is still relevant.
I don't know where that graph came from that you posted or more importantly where those numbers came from. I know that it wasn't Intel. Looks to me like some one pulled that from their rear end tbh.

took it from this forum, from the Sin0822 guide smile.gif
http://www.overclock.net/t/1247413/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-with-ln2-guide-at-the-end
not sure how his rear end looks ..but hes got some good info in that thread,
maybe you can pm him and ask?

i only use what i come across most, like, if 9 of 10 peeps say the same thing,
and i can find any other info that confirms it, im using it to help others,
i had the same "conflict" with others, about anandtech not being honest, toms hardware etc etc, they all seem to lie all the time,
with their graphics, reviews and what more, i figure , somewhere in all that theres some truth,
i do care about what others experience, or know about any subject..and use it if i think its true smile.gif
so, the 1.52V is something ive heard alot of times, here and elsewhere..

will look into it tho, i know VID isnt vcore, would be something if its like you say,
" Under load that 1.52v VID is probably closer to 1.4v. "
then putting 1.6V on it, would be about 1.5V ...lol

just copied this too,
"On Air/Water: Intel Rec. Max is Intel’s absolute maximum rating for the Ivy Bridge lineup, many of the numbers provided are identical to those of Sandy Bridge, however while vcore should be lower because of a better processing technology (22nm vs 32nm) it is max 1.52v here because of the SVID max."


well, im contacting intel atm, and will ask them about the max voltage ok smile.gif
Edited by VonDutch - 10/19/12 at 11:55am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1082 of 33695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion View Post

good luck and take your time.. wink.gif

will do biggrin.gif
post #1083 of 33695
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

BTW, Liquid Ultra 5g arrived here biggrin.gif
tomorrow will get to deliding my 3770K chip, wish me luck redface.gif
hopefully I will be back with some good news by tomorrow evening biggrin.gif

well, i wanted to say good luck to you, but had to answer that other post first ..lol

GOOD LUCK!! may the OCN force be with you.. wink.gif
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1084 of 33695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion View Post

hey peeps, what voltage can one expect @5ghz ?
mine @ 4.8ghz is 1.365 volts.. but when i try 5ghz, I'm @1.5 volts and still freezing.. some of the core will not process prime tests.. doesn't throw any errors but will not complete a test.. is it safe to go above 1.5v for 5ghz?

i wouldnt run it for a daily OC smile.gif
going above 4.7-4.8ghz needs alot more vcore..
i could get 4.8ghz prime stable , but needed 1.440V vcore..
4.9ghz needed almost, or a bit above 1.5V to make it prime stable..

for testing its ok i guess, i ran 1.750V vcore to get my 5.4ghz validation .lol
and other times 1.6V , and it still works perfect, time will tell if it was a bad thing to do smile.gif
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1085 of 33695
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

i wouldnt run it for a daily OC smile.gif
going above 4.7-4.8ghz needs alot more vcore..
i could get 4.8ghz prime stable , but needed 1.440V vcore..
4.9ghz needed almost, or a bit above 1.5V to make it prime stable..
for testing its ok i guess, i ran 1.750V vcore to get my 5.4ghz validation .lol
and other times 1.6V , and it still works perfect, time will tell if it was a bad thing to do smile.gif

IT WAS WORTH IT BECAUSE.....

Weeeee areeee theee championss my friendssssss. Weee will keep Clockinggggg 'tilll the eeeeeeend.

tongue.gif
post #1086 of 33695
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

well, i wanted to say good luck to you, but had to answer that other post first ..lol
GOOD LUCK!! may the OCN force be with you.. wink.gif

biggrin.gif letting it in right now, hopefully it suffices to precisely stabilize my hand when working on the chip biggrin.gif
post #1087 of 33695
ah I didn't know this club existed, too bad I didn't take any pics before I put everything back together. I don't want to redo everything again though. I didn't think Liquid pro would be THAT much better than AS5 it is crazy good.

But if anyone wanted to know the differences I got in OC i'll do it with temps

always used a NH-D14 cooler
stock - 4.7ghz max 85c+ temps stopped me from getting a stable 4.8
delid + as5 inside and out - 4.9ghz max 1.41v 99c temps stopped me from getting stable 5.0
delid + CL pro inside and ultra outside - 5.1ghz 89c 1.5v, voltage scared me from going higher

From my experience voltage and temps skyrocket after 80c but maybe that's just for my chip
And I also noticed if i do anything else that uses my GPU when i'm doing Prime stability it can cause a whea error. but if i just let it sit there with just prime running it will have no errors.

I did a prime stable test 20+ hours 50x multi of a 3770k on air Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the power of CL liquid pro/ultra biggrin.gif
post #1088 of 33695
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

wow 1.75V ..lol, i had my 3770k at that voltage ..haha..shhht wink.gif
you gonna try de-lid it? with plastic card or thin metal piece?
thought plastic was better then metal, when it comes to scratching the pcb..
maybe im totally wrong, and what the guy is using in the vid, is metal too, doesnt look like it tho..
also, im curious how this would work, or something similar..

CPU Vcore 1.75V. eek.gif



post #1089 of 33695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Ive seen SB ppl that have Been running 1.55 v core for over a year with no issues.

SB is key...32nm vs 22nm man. Not the same thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

BTW, Liquid Ultra 5g arrived here biggrin.gif
tomorrow will get to deliding my 3770K chip, wish me luck redface.gif
hopefully I will be back with some good news by tomorrow evening biggrin.gif

Have fun! And do post back with results biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebimbap View Post

ah I didn't know this club existed, too bad I didn't take any pics before I put everything back together. I don't want to redo everything again though. I didn't think Liquid pro would be THAT much better than AS5 it is crazy good.
But if anyone wanted to know the differences I got in OC i'll do it with temps
always used a NH-D14 cooler
stock - 4.7ghz max 85c+ temps stopped me from getting a stable 4.8
delid + as5 inside and out - 4.9ghz max 1.41v 99c temps stopped me from getting stable 5.0
delid + CL pro inside and ultra outside - 5.1ghz 89c 1.5v, voltage scared me from going higher
From my experience voltage and temps skyrocket after 80c but maybe that's just for my chip
And I also noticed if i do anything else that uses my GPU when i'm doing Prime stability it can cause a whea error. but if i just let it sit there with just prime running it will have no errors.
I did a prime stable test 20+ hours 50x multi of a 3770k on air Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the power of CL liquid pro/ultra biggrin.gif

Impressive! redface.gif
post #1090 of 33695
Borderlands 2 = best stress test ever LoL.. lachen.gif

I passed 7hrs of prime 95.. But fail and crash 10 mins of Borderlands 2... Upped the Vcore a notch and have not crashed in BL 2 in 8 hrs of game play since then.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide