Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 113

post #1121 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Intels warranty covers over clocking..

they dont/didnt normally, but if you have the New Warranty Plan they will,


quote

"devices damaged by overclocking up to now have not been covered by warranties. Intel Corp. has decided to change that.

Intel on Wednesday introduced a new pilot plan targeted at the enthusiast community.
The new pilot service plan for “K”, “X”, and LGA2011-socketed boxed processors called the performance tuning protection plan (PTPP)
provide certain out-of-warranty service offerings in the event of damage caused by overclocking or overvoltaging by the user.
Available at the cost between $20 and $35 (depending on microprocessor),
the plan enables user to receive a one-time replacement processor if the user’s overvoltaging or overclocking causes the original processor to fail."

end quote
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1122 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

So much......to....read.....oh my lord! and Hokeis with that 24rs of prime gratz on that but for myself who has Oc'ed a lot higher and been at 1.4v for 4.8 for 3 months I actually have been getting a bit of stability issues from folding for my 4.8 Ghz at 1.4 vcore. I'm still trying to figure it out exactly to see if it was instability or some weird work unit that stressed it to much to fail (happens sometimes) So thats why I'm kinda holding back a little bit more even just to make sure.

Ive been Higher then that Since April lol..

Check ram.. first as that is the normal cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

they dont/didnt normally, but if you have the New Warranty Plan they will,
quote
"devices damaged by overclocking up to now have not been covered by warranties. Intel Corp. has decided to change that.
Intel on Wednesday introduced a new pilot plan targeted at the enthusiast community.
The new pilot service plan for “K”, “X”, and LGA2011-socketed boxed processors called the performance tuning protection plan (PTPP)
provide certain out-of-warranty service offerings in the event of damage caused by overclocking or overvoltaging by the user.
Available at the cost between $20 and $35 (depending on microprocessor),
the plan enables user to receive a one-time replacement processor if the user’s overvoltaging or overclocking causes the original processor to fail."
end quote

Intel would have to invest in an employee to test and investagate that it died from Over clocking..
That is not Cost effective .. So i see it as long as u do not tell them.. they have no reason to refuse you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

You never answered my question man. Do they ask for a receipt?

You need invoice / receipt .
Edited by Hokies83 - 10/19/12 at 2:04pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1123 of 33558
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Ive been Higher then that Since April lol..
Check ram.. first as that is the normal cause.
Intel would have to invest in an employee to test and investagate that it died from Over clocking..
That is not Cost effective .. So i see it as long as u do not tell them.. they have no reason to refuse you.
You need invoice / receipt .

it worked fine for months....and then i made my 1.75 vcore run silly tongue.gif
post #1124 of 33558
Dang, I'm screwed...I'll have to shoot myself if my processor is dead then :/
post #1125 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

it worked fine for months....and then i made my 1.75 vcore run silly tongue.gif

Well that 1.75v core thing was kinda dumb.. lachen.gif

Any who.. id point more towards ram or glitch with the folding.

Also i read that the AnAndtech reviewer seems to think the Malaysia chips have a Stronger IMC and the Costa rica chips seem to overclock with less volts..
Edited by Hokies83 - 10/19/12 at 2:11pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1126 of 33558
S in principle if i blow this little beauty up and just glue IHS back on then send it to intel They will send me a new one:) obviously with the proof of purchase.. I have no extended warranty.. do they offer that warranty in the UK?

The place i bought it from, are very savy and check everything with a fine comb.. hence suggestion of sending to Intel..
post #1127 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Well that 1.75v core thing was kinda dumb.. lachen.gif
Any who.. id point more towards ram or glitch with the folding.
Also i read that the AnAndtech reviewer seems to think the Malaysia chips have a Stronger IMC and the Costa rica chips seem to overclock with less volts..

That reviewer seems to be spot on, mine has a weaker imc but clocks with less volts than most... :/
post #1128 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

yea, and the speedgain for every 100mhz above 4.5ghz is only about 3%,
didnt get that number from somewhere else, but noticed it myself, to be clear ..lol


so VonDutch you say another 300MHz is almost 10% performance increase, that's nothing to shrug off when someone is only at 4.5GHz. With what apps, what kind of data can you provide since you know I've said that I can't get stable past 4.6GHz due to temps without delid? I really need proof that it's not only a "push this as far as it can go" attitude for us, but some real-world applications that say I'll get more out day to day.

delid seems like a large time investment for me to conduct patiently and slowly to not screw up. my windows are small b/c I've got Stella every night I come home. I've seen many quoted here and other places that say it's really just e-peen for anything over 4.5GHz when it comes to day to day gains. so please... continue your thought...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i-3570K - 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z77-V MSI TF GeForce GTX 660 2G/OC - 1254MHz G.Skill Sniper - low voltage - 1866MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 4 WD Caviar Blue LG DVD RW GH50N Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - push/pull 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 7 Pro Dell 22in Dell 17in Net Media SNT-1053 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12II 620W Rosewill Challenger U3 Logitec wheel JBL 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i-3570K - 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z77-V MSI TF GeForce GTX 660 2G/OC - 1254MHz G.Skill Sniper - low voltage - 1866MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 4 WD Caviar Blue LG DVD RW GH50N Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - push/pull 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 7 Pro Dell 22in Dell 17in Net Media SNT-1053 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12II 620W Rosewill Challenger U3 Logitec wheel JBL 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1129 of 33558
Well gave up on 5.5ghz voltage was getting crazy, was up to 1.76v no go. Working on 5.1 12 hour prime stable. Oh well.
post #1130 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellamonster7 View Post

so VonDutch you say another 300MHz is almost 10% performance increase, that's nothing to shrug off when someone is only at 4.5GHz. With what apps, what kind of data can you provide since you know I've said that I can't get stable past 4.6GHz due to temps without delid? I really need proof that it's not only a "push this as far as it can go" attitude for us, but some real-world applications that say I'll get more out day to day.
delid seems like a large time investment for me to conduct patiently and slowly to not screw up. my windows are small b/c I've got Stella every night I come home. I've seen many quoted here and other places that say it's really just e-peen for anything over 4.5GHz when it comes to day to day gains. so please... continue your thought...

More cpu Helps with Encoding Borderlands 2 and Battle field 3..

I play both those games and work with video sometimes so it means something to me wink.gif

Also 100mhz depending on the task at hand is anywhere from 2% to 5% per 100mhz
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide