Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1121

post #11201 of 33570
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

any C or degree you can lower is better for your oc i think,
what do you vcore wise to run 4.6 and 4.7ghz stable?
i dont think its noticeable difference, but you can keep a eye on it,
if you disable..i never needed it with my oc's, so im curious ..lol
i leave it on auto always on my mobo..
I dont actually need it I had it on for 4.9 for extra stability just in case. I need 1.27 for 4.6 stable 1.24 for 4.5 and 1.3 for 4.7 then the bigger jumps come 1.4 4.8 1.45 4.9 and 1.57 for 5
R@WR
(16 items)
 
Rawr V2
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) Asus Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator DHX Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Seagate Barracuda LG Super Multi XSPC Raystorm laing ddc 3.25, ex 240 Swiftech X... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG 24inch led Backlit Corsair K60 XFX 850WPro Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Ronin Steel Series Sensei Razer Goliathus Steel Series Siberius V2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Msi z77 mpower EVGA GTX 980 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Custom Water Cooling, Darkside 6 port reservoir... Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24 inch 1080P CM Quickfire Rapid, custom keys from WASD XFX Pro Fully modular 850W Gold Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Razer Goliathus Roccat Kave True 5.1 Headset Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
R@WR
(16 items)
 
Rawr V2
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) Asus Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator DHX Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Seagate Barracuda LG Super Multi XSPC Raystorm laing ddc 3.25, ex 240 Swiftech X... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG 24inch led Backlit Corsair K60 XFX 850WPro Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Ronin Steel Series Sensei Razer Goliathus Steel Series Siberius V2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Msi z77 mpower EVGA GTX 980 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Custom Water Cooling, Darkside 6 port reservoir... Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24 inch 1080P CM Quickfire Rapid, custom keys from WASD XFX Pro Fully modular 850W Gold Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Razer Goliathus Roccat Kave True 5.1 Headset Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11202 of 33570
If I could find a way to belting voltage down for 5 it would be great because at 4.9 my temps only hit 73 hottest core on ibt max after 10 runs. But at 1.57 volts for 5 I hit 84 max temps in ibt. Which is acceptable but I dont like running that hot.

Prior to delliding I was hitting 84 at 1.27 volts I dropped 24 degrees so id like to be able to utilize that to really push this chip. I just dont understand how the difference between 4.9 and 5 is .12 volts
Edited by chann3l - 2/7/13 at 9:55am
R@WR
(16 items)
 
Rawr V2
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) Asus Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator DHX Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Seagate Barracuda LG Super Multi XSPC Raystorm laing ddc 3.25, ex 240 Swiftech X... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG 24inch led Backlit Corsair K60 XFX 850WPro Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Ronin Steel Series Sensei Razer Goliathus Steel Series Siberius V2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Msi z77 mpower EVGA GTX 980 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Custom Water Cooling, Darkside 6 port reservoir... Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24 inch 1080P CM Quickfire Rapid, custom keys from WASD XFX Pro Fully modular 850W Gold Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Razer Goliathus Roccat Kave True 5.1 Headset Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
R@WR
(16 items)
 
Rawr V2
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) Asus Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator DHX Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Seagate Barracuda LG Super Multi XSPC Raystorm laing ddc 3.25, ex 240 Swiftech X... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG 24inch led Backlit Corsair K60 XFX 850WPro Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Ronin Steel Series Sensei Razer Goliathus Steel Series Siberius V2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Msi z77 mpower EVGA GTX 980 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Custom Water Cooling, Darkside 6 port reservoir... Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24 inch 1080P CM Quickfire Rapid, custom keys from WASD XFX Pro Fully modular 850W Gold Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Razer Goliathus Roccat Kave True 5.1 Headset Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11203 of 33570
Quote:
Originally Posted by chann3l View Post

I dont actually need it I had it on for 4.9 for extra stability just in case. I need 1.27 for 4.6 stable 1.24 for 4.5 and 1.3 for 4.7 then the bigger jumps come 1.4 4.8 1.45 4.9 and 1.57 for 5

same here,
4.6ghz 1.285V vcore
4.7ghz 1.3V
4.8ghz 1.420V
4.9ghz 1.510
5.0ghz 1.610-1.615V

like i said, big vcore jumps at the higher oc's,
so my max daily oc is only 4.8ghz at 1.420V,
not that i complain about having a ivy that runs 4.8ghz biggrin.gif
my temps are great of course, no problem there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chann3l View Post

If I could find a way to belting voltage down for 5 it would be great because at 4.9 my temps only hit 73 hottest core on ibt max after 10 runs. But at 1.57 volts for 5 I hit 84 max temps in ibt. Which is acceptable but I dont like running that hot.

Prior to delliding I was hitting 84 at 1.27 volts I dropped 24 degrees so id like to be able to utilize that to really push this chip. I just dont understand how the difference between 4.9 and 5 is .12 volts

you prolly wont get enough of the vcore to run it 24/7,
temps should still be ok, if 84C is what you have in ibt at 5.0ghz, you never see those
with normal daly usage..thats more around 60C or lower
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11204 of 33570
Heres the differences I noted down when comparing voltages to clockspeeds a while back

3.9ghz = 1.152 @ load
4.2ghz = 0.005 above stock
4.4ghz = 0.015 ^
4.5ghz = 0.015 ^
4.6ghz = 0.025 ^
4.8ghz = 0.085 ^
5.0ghz = 0.255 ^
5.2ghz = 0.435 ^
5.4ghz = 0.685 ^

once you get to the 4.5-4.6 range the voltage:clockspeed required start to take a rocket-ride towards diminishing returns/crazy volts biggrin.gif
Edited by Lobsterman - 2/7/13 at 10:31am
post #11205 of 33570
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

same here,
4.6ghz 1.285V vcore
4.7ghz 1.3V
4.8ghz 1.420V
4.9ghz 1.510
5.0ghz 1.610-1.615V

...in the end, all chips hit 'that wall' whereby much bigger voltage jumps are needed to get to the next Ghz step...usually just past 4.7 Ghz...really good chips will simply have their curve shifted (i.e. their wall won't kick in until 4.9 or 5), but it will eventually happen of course.

EXTRA EXTRA, read all about it - Canada Post and Canada Customs actually worked really efficiently - what's the world coming to ? biggrin.gif :

Intel(R) IPP JPEG encoder 7.0.1041 - Jul 19 2011;
Edited by Joa3d43 - 2/7/13 at 10:38am
post #11206 of 33570
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

yea ok, i was thinking about i couldnt use usb3 with my keyboard,
not sure why, but couldnt use it in the bios..lol so changed it to usb2 and it works,
maybe the bios doenst have native usb3 support?
do you have another keyboard you can try with?

Its plugged into a USB2.0 frown.gif And sadly I do not lol, I could just bring one of the cheap dells we have here at work....
post #11207 of 33570
Hello hello I need advice, im not sure if I should delid my 3570k or not. If its a good cpu i wont so are this good temps and volts to not need delid:

4.5ghz Vcore 1.2v full load temps around 60 and stable, idle around 25-30
4.8ghz Vcore 1.4 full load temps around 80 and stable, maybe still need some minor tweaks, idle temps around 28-32

Im running it on air, Noctua NH-D14 with 3 fans on.

I was about to delid acctually today, took everything apart but it was allmost 0 gap between IHS and die so couldnt even start with razor, so i stoped to check what you guys think.

Btw im trying to get it stable at 5.0ghz, it boots normal with 1.475 and PLL 1.85 but as soon as I load it up applications start crash and didnt try go much more V yet smile.gif
post #11208 of 33570
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuo View Post

Hello hello I need advice, im not sure if I should delid my 3570k or not. If its a good cpu i wont so are this good temps and volts to not need delid:

4.5ghz Vcore 1.2v full load temps around 60 and stable, idle around 25-30
4.8ghz Vcore 1.4 full load temps around 80 and stable, maybe still need some minor tweaks, idle temps around 28-32

Im running it on air, Noctua NH-D14 with 3 fans on.

I was about to delid acctually today, took everything apart but it was allmost 0 gap between IHS and die so couldnt even start with razor, so i stoped to check what you guys think.

Btw im trying to get it stable at 5.0ghz, it boots normal with 1.475 and PLL 1.85 but as soon as I load it up applications start crash and didnt try go much more V yet smile.gif

I had a tough time working my razor in when I de-lidded. It's un-nerving but you have to actually push a bit to get it in and keep wiggling the blade as if to widen the gap between the pcb and ihs. I felt the gap was too small to but after going slowly and pushing you can see it going in 1mm at a time, each wiggle a bit further. You will get it, mine had no scratches when I finished. hopefully you will not either. I have a noctua D14 and my temps top out in the mid 70's at 5ghz during prime 95 with 1.51v and since priming to get my stability right my max temp I have seen is 56 degrees from a heavy gaming session. De-lidding is worth it in my opinion.

Edit: I actually use a PLL of 1.603 and I find it more stable than higher PLL. Try lowering it and see if it works out well. Also are you enabling PLL overvoltage? That helps too when you have a higher multi.
post #11209 of 33570
Quote:
EXTRA EXTRA, read all about it - Canada Post and Canada Customs actually worked really efficiently - what's the world coming to ? biggrin.gif :

...and for a delid newbie like me, this video is 'helpful' though I am sure some steps can be improved upon by the experts

biggrin.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXs0I5kuoX4

Intel(R) IPP JPEG encoder 7.0.1041 - Jul 19 2011;
post #11210 of 33570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsterman View Post

Heres the differences I noted down when comparing voltages to clockspeeds a while back

3.9ghz = 1.152 @ load
4.2ghz = 0.005 above stock
4.4ghz = 0.015 ^
4.5ghz = 0.015 ^
4.6ghz = 0.025 ^
4.8ghz = 0.085 ^
5.0ghz = 0.255 ^
5.2ghz = 0.435 ^
5.4ghz = 0.685 ^

once you get to the 4.5-4.6 range the voltage:clockspeed required start to take a rocket-ride towards diminishing returns/crazy volts biggrin.gif

Are those stable volts or just bootable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfx View Post

I am de-lidded as well and recently switched to the extreme6 after fretting over the reported cheap mosfets for several weeks and houdning sin on pm to clarify just how bad he thought they were and he replied he didn't think they were TERRIBLE he just didn't think they were up to current standards thermally and not as efficient as the new digital ones, he didn't think my motherboard was going to die or anything, he just recommended possibly pointing a fan at it. I upgraded anyway and I am happy so far and my mosfet worries have gone away. Ud3h is nice too I had both in my hand when I walked to the counter in microcenter but in the end I looked at both boxes and handed him the Ud3h to put back on the shelf. Have not thought about it since. In fact I like the extreme6 alot now.

I think im gonna go with the ud3h, considering its got decent VRM, mosfets onboard.

Back to delidded club ive not been added I see; I bought a cpu lapping kit few days ago right up to 2500 grit sandpaper so Ill have a new picture and proper submission in couple days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide