Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1322

post #13211 of 33537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

I resealed the CPU I broke with black RTV silicone and it looked just like it did out of the box, as if it was brand new!

Hush...wink.gif
post #13212 of 33537
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible20xx View Post

should i heat up my cpu using prime before delidding ?! do you guys recommend this ? will this loosen up the adhesive intel used

No, it doesn't do anything because by the time you get your chip out it's already cooled right back down to normal. just sharpen your blade with a wet stone. That's what I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

One delid done, one dead CPU =D

I think I need a thinner blade...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

I resealed the CPU I broke with black RTV silicone and it looked just like it did out of the box, as if it was brand new!

Come on guys you know the rules about talking about this.
post #13213 of 33537
Valgaur , I have just commented on your folding team rank in another thread , 666 .... is this planed ?
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
post #13214 of 33537
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinhal View Post

Valgaur , I have just commented on your folding team rank in another thread , 666 .... is this planed ?

Yup! Mr. Nom Nom Or Cookie Monster tongue.gif
post #13215 of 33537
All the sudden my iGPU doesn't work and I cant pick a RAM freq higher than 1600MHz. Tried the CPU and RAM in a different board and it works fine. iGPU isn't even an option in BIOS it's like it completely disappeared. If I try to boot with no discrete GPU I get error code D6 on the Dr. Debug LED, means no output detected.

1. Messed up my LGA pins? (I looked and they seemed to be in pristine shape)
2. Dead or dying board? (Extreme6)
3. Corrupted BIOS chip? (I flashed and reflashed the BIOS and cleared CMOS several times now)
post #13216 of 33537
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

All the sudden my iGPU doesn't work and I cant pick a RAM freq higher than 1600MHz. Tried the CPU and RAM in a different board and it works fine. iGPU isn't even an option in BIOS it's like it completely disappeared. If I try to boot with no discrete GPU I get error code D6 on the Dr. Debug LED, means no output detected.

1. Messed up my LGA pins? (I looked and they seemed to be in pristine shape)
2. Dead or dying board? (Extreme6)
3. Corrupted BIOS chip? (I flashed and reflashed the BIOS and cleared CMOS several times now)
This is odd. Tried different inputs on the motherboard? It does sound like the board is on it's way out. Just not sure which bit and why.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13217 of 33537
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

This is odd. Tried different inputs on the motherboard? It does sound like the board is on it's way out. Just not sure which bit and why.

Yeah I've tried HDMI and DVI
post #13218 of 33537
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

All the sudden my iGPU doesn't work and I cant pick a RAM freq higher than 1600MHz. Tried the CPU and RAM in a different board and it works fine. iGPU isn't even an option in BIOS it's like it completely disappeared. If I try to boot with no discrete GPU I get error code D6 on the Dr. Debug LED, means no output detected.

1. Messed up my LGA pins? (I looked and they seemed to be in pristine shape)
2. Dead or dying board? (Extreme6)
3. Corrupted BIOS chip? (I flashed and reflashed the BIOS and cleared CMOS several times now)

Sounds like a delid related problem...did you have any marks or scratches on your pcb? Or could be pin related.
post #13219 of 33537
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Sounds like a delid related problem...did you have any marks or scratches on your pcb? Or could be pin related.

Well the same chip works fine in my other board (backup H67 board I have). The iGPU is fine (because theres no discrete GPU in that PC anyway), and the same sticks of RAM will overclock just fine. I looked real close at the pins and they were all fine, I will have to pull the board out this weekend and give it another look.
post #13220 of 33537
Ah, ok...then it's 97% board related. Maybe a software issue, did you update the bios or something?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide