Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1434

post #14331 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinoxide View Post

Yeah, I have had to basically lap my Supremacy every time I reseat... Pretty annoying.

Ive been pushing some volts, so the CLU has been as hard to get off as solder with a fingernail.

Wow that is pretty harsh. doh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinoxide 
That thin line between difficult and impossible, is CLU.

Nicely put. tonguesmiley.gif
Edited by jdm317 - 3/18/13 at 10:07pm
post #14332 of 33576
...Something new to play with - once you have revved up your delidded CPU biggrin.gif

...have been running in a lot of HWBot international GPU competitions, and frankly, after the 20th run of a 'usual suspect' benchmarks, it can get a trifle boring (at least until the results page thumb.gif )...but there is a new GPU and CPU test in beta now which I find quite, ahem, "Different" and a touch bizarre in the positive sort of way biggrin.gifheadscratch.gifsmile.gif - here is a HD video of how the actual test looks like...do yourself a favour and check it out !

http://vimeo.com/51230259 biggrin.gif
Edited by Joa3d43 - 3/18/13 at 10:29pm
post #14333 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

...Something new to play with - once you have revved up your delidded CPU biggrin.gif

...have been running in a lot of HWBot international GPU competitions, and frankly, after the 20th run of a 'usual suspect' benchmarks, it can get a trifle boring (at least until the results page thumb.gif )...but there is a new GPU and CPU test in beta now which I find quite, ahem, "Different" and a touch bizarre in the positive sort of way biggrin.gifheadscratch.gifsmile.gif - here is a HD video of how the actual test looks like...do yourself a favour and check it out !

http://vimeo.com/51230259 biggrin.gif

Was about to finally lay down and close my eyes, and you share this. Hahaha. This is great, I loved it. Sooo much going on.
post #14334 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm317 View Post

Was about to finally lay down and close my eyes, and you share this. Hahaha. This is great, I loved it. Sooo much going on.

...it is, well, 'out there'... biggrin.gif
post #14335 of 33576
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

...Something new to play with - once you have revved up your delidded CPU biggrin.gif

...have been running in a lot of HWBot international GPU competitions, and frankly, after the 20th run of a 'usual suspect' benchmarks, it can get a trifle boring (at least until the results page thumb.gif )...but there is a new GPU and CPU test in beta now which I find quite, ahem, "Different" and a touch bizarre in the positive sort of way biggrin.gifheadscratch.gifsmile.gif - here is a HD video of how the actual test looks like...do yourself a favour and check it out !

http://vimeo.com/51230259 biggrin.gif

I saw this thing around 4 months ago tongue.gif
post #14336 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

I saw this thing around 4 months ago tongue.gif

...yes, but it is now in 'final beta' - so the 1/2 gig download may be worth it now, not to mention the $-upgrade which I do have re. way more detail, difficulty and other stuff...anyways, after watching 3d01 to 3d13 way too many times over the last few weeks, Catzilla is refreshing smile.gif
post #14337 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm317 View Post

Keeping this in mind for sure. Is it impossible to remove or just difficult?

Neither, you just gotta know what you're doing and how to do it. I've delidded two chips, both with success.
post #14338 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Man View Post

Neither, you just gotta know what you're doing and how to do it. I've delidded two chips, both with success.

He wasn't talking about the IHS tongue.gif


From what I've read CLU and CLP tend to etch into the Aluminium / Copper due to a chemical reaction. Although this isn't necessarily bad for the temps, it does kinda ruin the IHS / cooler you put on top of it, if you reseat. Which makes me wonder if I'll actually ever use CLU or CLP over AS5, which doesn't etch. thinking.gif
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14339 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGTy View Post

He wasn't talking about the IHS tongue.gif


From what I've read CLU and CLP tend to etch into the Aluminium / Copper due to a chemical reaction. Although this isn't necessarily bad for the temps, it does kinda ruin the IHS / cooler you put on top of it, if you reseat. Which makes me wonder if I'll actually ever use CLU or CLP over AS5, which doesn't etch. thinking.gif

Aluminium yes,
Copper nope..

wouldnt be a good thing if liquid pro/ultra would eat copper ...lol,
no use to bring a product on the market when almost all surfaces you use it on are made of copper..
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14340 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGTy View Post

He wasn't talking about the IHS tongue.gif


From what I've read CLU and CLP tend to etch into the Aluminium / Copper due to a chemical reaction. Although this isn't necessarily bad for the temps, it does kinda ruin the IHS / cooler you put on top of it, if you reseat. Which makes me wonder if I'll actually ever use CLU or CLP over AS5, which doesn't etch. thinking.gif

Aluminium yes,
Copper nope..

wouldnt be a good thing if liquid pro/ultra would eat copper ...lol,
no use to bring a product on the market when almost all surfaces you use it on are made of copper..

It sure does stick, almost seems like is solders itself to the surfaces after a bit of heat gets pumped through it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide