Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1488

post #14871 of 33850
For the pro team we are using the name OCN Pro http://hwbot.org/team/ocn_pro/

The sb-e cpus do get slightly lower graphics scores on average, although anything that likes more cores will do better. For graphics it is pretty much like comparing a 2600k to a 3770k at the same speed. There would probably be a small drop in the graphics scores that are mainly gpu based, where there will be a good gain in others like firestrike, 3d11 & vantage. But you still have the 3770k, so will be set for all benches!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14872 of 33850
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

For the pro team we are using the name OCN Pro http://hwbot.org/team/ocn_pro/

The sb-e cpus do get slightly lower graphics scores on average, although anything that likes more cores will do better. For graphics it is pretty much like comparing a 2600k to a 3770k at the same speed. There would probably be a small drop in the graphics scores that are mainly gpu based, where there will be a good gain in others like firestrike, 3d11 & vantage. But you still have the 3770k, so will be set for all benches!

...exactamundo ! Per earlier discussions, I plan to build up my desk with sidewalls which will incorporate various bits such as fans, openings for cables and also pipes for a major external cooling system, then have the Max V E / 3770k, the Rampage IV / 3970x and one or two more later models all 'in there' under a sliding tempered glass plate...will look much better, save a lot of space and be more efficient with switchable-between-systems extreme cooling...might even set it up that I have an extra PSU as a 'surrogate' during heavy benching with 4 GPU cards in a single system smile.gif
post #14873 of 33850
Ok I'm about to boot her up. Just a quick cig and I'm pressing that power button. Wish me luck!!


post #14874 of 33850
PRICING ALERT

...not sure why (too much 'QE' ?), but component prices seem to tighten up re for example some GPUs and CPUs...just spoke to a friend of mine who runs a lot of systems for a software company, and they suggest that G.Skill memory prices for items such as TridentX will go up by as much as 20%, that memory being highly rated by OCers (Samsung ICs) but cheaper than many of the alternatives...so G.Skill TridentX is a more extreme example (for its own reasons), but have you guys also noticed a more general firming of prices for other 'major' components ? mad.gif
post #14875 of 33850
I donno i paid 69$ for my 8gb of Trident X 2400mhz lol.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14876 of 33850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Ok I'm about to boot her up. Just a quick cig and I'm pressing that power button. Wish me luck!!



Don't forget the gpu, & good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

PRICING ALERT

...not sure why (too much 'QE' ?), but component prices seem to tighten up re for example some GPUs and CPUs...just spoke to a friend of mine who runs a lot of systems for a software company, and they suggest that G.Skill memory prices for items such as TridentX will go up by as much as 20%, that memory being highly rated by OCers (Samsung ICs) but cheaper than many of the alternatives...so G.Skill TridentX is a more extreme example (for its own reasons), but have you guys also noticed a more general firming of prices for other 'major' components ? mad.gif

Memory prices are going up, I was just reading this earlier http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20130324103810_Micron_DRAM_Production_to_Remain_Limited_in_2013_and_2014.html
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14877 of 33850
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

Don't forget the gpu, & good luck!
Memory prices are going up, I was just reading this earlier http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20130324103810_Micron_DRAM_Production_to_Remain_Limited_in_2013_and_2014.html

Yea I'm not doing the GPU's because I'm re-installing windows and my old power supply that I'm using right now doesn't support crossfire so I'm just going to install the cards and drivers for the first time when I get everything in my case and I get my x-850 back from RMA (It is going to arrive at Seasonic on friday and then who knows how long it will take to get back).

But on a brighter note... It works!!!! Installing windows right now. I just plugged in one SSD so I can know which one has windows installed on it. I'll plug in the other two and format them once I have my PSU back and everything is in the case.

post #14878 of 33850
whistle.gif
Quote:
Hey board
I got somethin' real important to do 'wit you
So set her down and question

Guys, you know I've been waiting such a long long time (such a long time)
And now I'm ready to lay it on the box
(Wooow) You know it's Overclock! and my heart is open wide < cant think of a fitting line
Gonna set you somewhere, so I know you'll work when time

A board so tempting, so click that button, plop
Take a look onscreen -- it's my board on a box

Its on its box!

Not gonna wait for that seasonic thing
That sort of thing don't mean anything
Not gonna set atop a fancy box
Board, ya gotta know you're my gangnam star

Not gonna let you a rest in the stale
A board like you needs tested now
Wanna get you booting from the start
Eager 'valuation board

It's my board on its box
My board on a box boys
It's my board on its box
Ooh, my board on its box guys
post #14879 of 33850
So my BIOS version is 1408 so I'm thinking of just sticking with this BIOS until a fix for the bug is released. If I end up having problems with it I'll update the BIOS to the latest one. Would that be bad to do? Or should I just update it anyways?
post #14880 of 33850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

So my BIOS version is 1408 so I'm thinking of just sticking with this BIOS until a fix for the bug is released. If I end up having problems with it I'll update the BIOS to the latest one. Would that be bad to do? Or should I just update it anyways?

...the base BIOS should be fine...besides, you have two BIOS' onboard the Max V E biggrin.gif - I still have the original on one and 1604 on the other on my MVE, though per my post on the weekend, I have had no more troubles with 1604 since I used that process I shared
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide