Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1495

post #14941 of 33576
I got a windowed side panel for my Arc Midi. I was going to make my own but I got lazy. Since the R4 and Midi are the same dimension they have the same side panel and it came with the noise dampening material which is cool.


post #14942 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

I got a windowed side panel for my Arc Midi. I was going to make my own but I got lazy. Since the R4 and Midi are the same dimension they have the same side panel and it came with the noise dampening material which is cool.



That looks pretty awesome man!!
post #14943 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

CPU Fan 4pin vs 3 pin

...just picked up the Rampage IV though still waiting for the 3970X...looking forward to compete against myself re MaxVEx / delidded low 'v' 3770K vs Rampage IV Ex / 3970X...can't loose, can't win...may have been cheaper to just play tic-ta-to a lot biggrin.gif

...when building up the Rampage / 3970X, I wonder about a pile of extra Noctua 120mm fans I have for the water-cooling...specifically, they are '3-pin', not '4-pin'...even after many years of OCing, I have never tried to run a 3-pin fan plugged into the CPU-dedicated fan header...I know if that specific CPU 4-pin fan-header is not connected at all, the board will not boot up at all...

...but what about putting a 3-pin on that specific header ? I suppose I can find out quickly anyways by just trying it when the CPU arrives, but if anyone has any experience / advice on this, it would be greatly appreciated...my work takes me across a pile of time-zones, and by the time I try this, it will be when stores are closed...nothing worse than having all these new toys and missing a minor connector to make it boot Tx smile.gif

Intel(R) IPP JPEG encoder 7.0.1041 - Jul 19 2011;

Right now I have a 3 pin connector on my CPU fan header for my H100i and that is all on my ASUS MVE and it boots up fine.

I do have an A0 on the debug that doesn't go away. It means IDE initialization is started. Anyone know what that is about?
post #14944 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

maybe this will help?
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111405

Thanks. Turns out I didn't have the USB cable plugged into the USB header. oneeyedsmiley02.png
post #14945 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Right now I have a 3 pin connector on my CPU fan header for my H100i and that is all on my ASUS MVE and it boots up fine....

Tx...one thing I need to check is whether a 3 pin CPU fan shows up right and will be programmable in Asus Suite / FanExpert2 as I prefer that over external fan controls (which have their own merit but often require either a USB or even serial port)
post #14946 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

That looks pretty awesome man!!

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with my build right now. Happier than I've been since I start building again about a year and a half ago. I always buy stuff that looks good or the reviews/benchmarks look good and I get it and I'm not satisfied. This is the 5th PC I've built in the past year and a half and I think this one is a keeper.

3570K @ 4.8GHz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Pro @ 2200MHz 10-10-10-28
Gigabyte WF3 OC 670
Fractal Arc Midi Windowed
post #14947 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

Tx...one thing I need to check is whether a 3 pin CPU fan shows up right and will be programmable in Asus Suite / FanExpert2 as I prefer that over external fan controls (which have their own merit but often require either a USB or even serial port)

They will work with fan xpert...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with my build right now. Happier than I've been since I start building again about a year and a half ago. I always buy stuff that looks good or the reviews/benchmarks look good and I get it and I'm not satisfied. This is the 5th PC I've built in the past year and a half and I think this one is a keeper.

3570K @ 4.8GHz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Pro @ 2200MHz 10-10-10-28
Gigabyte WF3 OC 670
Fractal Arc Midi Windowed

Looks very nice, and it's a solid setup all around.
I want some of those ram sticks, they perform quite good for 4gb sticks.
(I've seen them do 2400mhz cl8-8-10-24-1t, and they also do 2933mhz...)
Edited by ivanlabrie - 3/26/13 at 5:16pm
post #14948 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

I want some of those ram sticks, they perform quite good for 4gb sticks.
(I've seen them do 2400mhz cl8-8-10-24-1t, and they also do 2933mhz...)

I can't get mine to do anything like that. But honestly for the $50 I paid for them BNIB, to get 8GB of 2200MHz at only 1.5v I'm pretty happy with that.
post #14949 of 33576
Guys, I'm totally in love with this board. It comes with two wires that I can plug into the side of the board and plug my testers for my multimeter into to watch CPU (or whatever I want) voltage. Voltage is pretty much spot on (about .002 off) between my MM and CPU-z. I'm testing out 4.7Ghz at 1.362v (took 1.491v on Asrock Z77 Extreme4) and am two hours into P95 with no WHEA errors or P95 errors. At that voltage and multiplier my Asrock failed in about 20 minutes. I just can't say enough good things about this motherboard not to mention the ridiculous amount of features it has. Temps are great too.

post #14950 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

They will work with fan xpert...
Looks very nice, and it's a solid setup all around.
I want some of those ram sticks, they perform quite good for 4gb sticks.
(I've seen them do 2400mhz cl8-8-10-24-1t, and they also do 2933mhz...)

One more post!!!! 4000!!!!! WOOT thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide