Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1546

post #15451 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr/owned View Post

^^ Ahem for the Z77 OC Formula: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asrock-z77-extreme3_7.html#sect0

Spoiler Alert: Top of the charts smile.gif

LoL Asrock is nothing compared to top tier Gigabyte boards and Asus boards...

Do not make me Call Sin in here wink.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15452 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr/owned View Post

^^ Ahem for the Z77 OC Formula: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asrock-z77-extreme3_7.html#sect0

Spoiler Alert: Top of the charts smile.gif

...seems to be missing a few top boards though...here is one from the Swiss overclock site 'ocaholic'

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=734&page=0

...perhaps by combining reviews, a more complete picture emerges >>> my old socket 370 is best biggrin.gifthumb.gif
post #15453 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonicX View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As I said my chip is getting a new home - a permanent home - then on to intels Haswell
vvv This is confusing the heck out of me!
Maximus V Formula Game Bundled Edition
Crosshair V Formula-Z
Maximus V Extreme
Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX
Maximus V Formula
Maximus V GENE
Rampage IV GENE
Rampage IV Extreme/BATTLEFIELD 3
Rampage IV Extreme
Rampage III GENE
Rampage III Formula
Crosshair IV Formula
Crosshair IV Extreme
Rampage III Extreme
Crosshair V Formula
Maximus IV Extreme
Maximus IV GENE-Z
Maximus IV Extreme-Z

My Minneapolis Microcenter list:

$289.99
Maximus V Formula LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard with Assassin's Creed III Bundle
http://www.microcenter.com/product/405600/Maximus_V_Formula_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard_with_Assassin's_Creed_III_Bundle

or
$379 for
Maximus V Extreme LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.microcenter.com/product/397079/Maximus_V_Extreme_LGA_1155_Intel_Z77_Extended_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

Formula or GENE or Extreme? extreme is better than formula? these are both better than GENE?
III or IV or V? v is newer than IV is newer than III! right?

any of these seem fine but i want a full loop including multi-graphics eventually.
i like the water cooled heatsinks on the FORMULA Why does it cost less?

Which one is the top dog?

Which one is the top dog? Well in terms of just overall performance, it'd be the Extreme.

To explain what those numbers mean, they represent the type of socket.

V is the one you want because it is 1155 (Z77)
IV is the older version which is also 1155 but on P67
III is really old and it is used for the 1366 socket

Anything that says RAMPAGE is for X79 (So instead of Maximus, it says RAMPAGE)

I'd go for the Formula only because it gives you the options for more GPUs later down the road. The Extreme is really just a Formula with more technology that will only be utilized if you really need it now because if you don't use it now, chances are you won't use it down the road.
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15454 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

Which one is the top dog? Well in terms of just overall performance, it'd be the Extreme.

To explain what those numbers mean, they represent the type of socket.

V is the one you want because it is 1155 (Z77)
IV is the older version which is also 1155 but on P67
III is really old and it is used for the 1366 socket

Anything that says RAMPAGE is for X79 (So instead of Maximus, it says RAMPAGE)

I'd go for the Formula only because it gives you the options for more GPUs later down the road. The Extreme is really just a Formula with more technology that will only be utilized if you really need it now because if you don't use it now, chances are you won't use it down the road.

...also, 'Extreme', apart from some extra tech features, allows you to run Quad SLI / CF
post #15455 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

Which one is the top dog? Well in terms of just overall performance, it'd be the Extreme.

To explain what those numbers mean, they represent the type of socket.

V is the one you want because it is 1155 (Z77)
IV is the older version which is also 1155 but on P67
III is really old and it is used for the 1366 socket

Anything that says RAMPAGE is for X79 (So instead of Maximus, it says RAMPAGE)

I'd go for the Formula only because it gives you the options for more GPUs later down the road. The Extreme is really just a Formula with more technology that will only be utilized if you really need it now because if you don't use it now, chances are you won't use it down the road.

...also, 'Extreme', apart from some extra tech features, allows you to run Quad SLI / CF

This too. Although, I honestly doubt hes going to do quad SLI because of the fact that he's looking for a cheaper option. The most I'd do for myself for gaming would be 2 GPUs. I don't see a point in quad SLI for me because all I do is surf the web, play games like CS (nothing too extreme), and try to OC my stuff to the max. tongue.gif My brother's getting into sub-zero and I'm letting him sort all the problems out himself. He made a mistake when he was putting down my pot and he didn't know why his CPU wasn't booting....
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15456 of 33558
Guys, it's simple...Gigabyte has nice vrm, but their bioses are not as good as Asus.
Asrock has not-so-good boards except for the OC Formula which is on par with the best by Asus or Gigabyte, whilst being cheaper.
Get your facts straight Hokies, I know you like GB but the MVG is the better board for benching, the OC Formula for a higher budget, and then MVE or UP7. That defines better for me, how good they are for benching.
For normal usage even a z77x-d3h like VonDutch's would do fine.
post #15457 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

This too. Although, I honestly doubt hes going to do quad SLI because of the fact that he's looking for a cheaper option. The most I'd do for myself for gaming would be 2 GPUs. I don't see a point in quad SLI for me because all I do is surf the web, play games like CS (nothing too extreme), and try to OC my stuff to the max. tongue.gif My brother's getting into sub-zero and I'm letting him sort all the problems out himself. He made a mistake when he was putting down my pot and he didn't know why his CPU wasn't booting....

...the ROG Extreme (and its counterpart, the Gigabyte xxxxx UP7) are for a specific sub group only (incl. LN2 etc)...their extra PCI lanes via Plex chip give you more options, ie compared to running dual GPU cards in two PCIe slots, which tend to be a bit slower than quad discreet GPUs of the same genre. But your point is well taken...according to the manager at the NCIX I go to, 'Extreme' and 'UP7' have the highest return ratio...not because of RMA / faults, but because they are too tricky to set up / overkill / price-performance

...btw, you did not trade your brother in for tri-SLI Titans after all ? biggrin.gif
post #15458 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Guys, it's simple...Gigabyte has nice vrm, but their bioses are not as good as Asus.
Asrock has ****ty boards except for the OC Formula which is on par with the best by Asus or Gigabyte, whilst being cheaper.
Get your facts straight Hokies, I know you like GB but the MVG is the better board for benching, the OC Formula for a higher budget, and then MVE or UP7. That defines better for me, how good they are for benching.
For normal usage even a z77x-d3h like VonDutch's would do fine.

My Facts are straight..

Get your eyes checked and read again.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15459 of 33558
Umm. I like my MVE. Me thinks its cool biggrin.gif Lets just take a step back guys. No need to start anything. Everyone has their own opinions and that is what makes us human right??
post #15460 of 33558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr/owned View Post

^^ Ahem for the Z77 OC Formula: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asrock-z77-extreme3_7.html#sect0

Spoiler Alert: Top of the charts smile.gif

...seems to be missing a few top boards though...here is one from the Swiss overclock site 'ocaholic'

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=734&page=0

...perhaps by combining reviews, a more complete picture emerges >>> my old socket 370 is best biggrin.gifthumb.gif

I think there is a flaw in their testing methods when they show an Intel board beating the OC Formula, where xbit showed that board was near the bottom of all the benches which is in line with what other reviews find.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide