Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 2221

post #22201 of 33992
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

I'm not sure which driver is the newest one (at work) but the other day (I also have 2x EVGA GTX 680) I updated to the newest drivers. Suddenly StarCraft II started having major freezing issues, noticeable lag, etc. (Stock settings not OC'd)

I had to revert back to the previous driver and now all is well. Not sure what the deal is with the new driver but it messed my rig up pretty fierce.

PS, I have two of these lines:


You should try the beta drivers I ran some issues with the WHQL drivers on my 770's that were fixed on their beta.

On the internet convo, I switched out to a modem I bought my self and Im consistently getting higher speeds than with the leased modem. They cant fine tune your personal modem like they do the leased


Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

already there, there are a few others as well.

I have gone direct die with the EK Precise mounting kit with CLU and I'm pretty much at ambient on idle.
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22202 of 33992
Is there any way to unlock a modem? If so what models can be unlocked? The point being so we can get around this false bottleneck..
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #22203 of 33992
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Is there any way to unlock a modem? If so what models can be unlocked? The point being so we can get around this false bottleneck..

The only way I found around it was buying my own, before I was within their SLA for business 20Mbps/10Mbps once I switched thats when things boosted.
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22204 of 33992
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler2k View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

I'm not sure which driver is the newest one (at work) but the other day (I also have 2x EVGA GTX 680) I updated to the newest drivers. Suddenly StarCraft II started having major freezing issues, noticeable lag, etc. (Stock settings not OC'd)

I had to revert back to the previous driver and now all is well. Not sure what the deal is with the new driver but it messed my rig up pretty fierce.

PS, I have two of these lines:


You should try the beta drivers I ran some issues with the WHQL drivers on my 770's that were fixed on their beta.

On the internet convo, I switched out to a modem I bought my self and Im consistently getting higher speeds than with the leased modem. They cant fine tune your personal modem like they do the leased


Man that looks good, but it didn't work for me. When I initially used theirs, it was maxing out at around 60down/3up. With mine, it's going up to 125down/5up. I must say though, the speed isn't really 'noticeable' but whatever. My router and modem costs me hundreds each so I ain't about to just throw them into my closet. smile.gif
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22205 of 33992
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler2k View Post

The only way I found around it was buying my own, before I was within their SLA for business 20Mbps/10Mbps once I switched thats when things boosted.

What kind of boost are you talking about?
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #22206 of 33992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

Man that looks good, but it didn't work for me. When I initially used theirs, it was maxing out at around 60down/3up. With mine, it's going up to 125down/5up. I must say though, the speed isn't really 'noticeable' but whatever. My router and modem costs me hundreds each so I ain't about to just throw them into my closet. smile.gif

Wow. That's about double. You probably don't notice cause that's already blazing fast at 60. But if you had 5, then going to 10 is a pretty big deal.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #22207 of 33992
I wanted to ask you guys, someone told me not to sell my 680s and upgrade so I thought of a different option. How about get another 680 on top of mine. That's what I decided.

EVGA has this thing called "B-Stock" and AFAIK, it's refurbished or returns that actually had no problems when it was received. Most returns were because they couldn't overclock as well. Now, there's a 680 Classified available there for $450, my question is: should I get that for $450 or get their 680 FTW LE for $500. So the Classified is a 4GB card vs the LE which is only 2GB, but is the Classified worth the 'risk'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

Man that looks good, but it didn't work for me. When I initially used theirs, it was maxing out at around 60down/3up. With mine, it's going up to 125down/5up. I must say though, the speed isn't really 'noticeable' but whatever. My router and modem costs me hundreds each so I ain't about to just throw them into my closet. smile.gif

Wow. That's about double. You probably don't notice cause that's already blazing fast at 60. But if you had 5, then going to 10 is a pretty big deal.

Yea, the higher things get; the smaller the impact as you increase. smile.gif Still, an increase is still an increase no matter how small.
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22208 of 33992
Quote:
Suddenly StarCraft II started having major freezing issues, noticeable lag, etc

You talking about this? or something else?



If game time pauses slightly, it's network side. You can tell pauses caused by the game waiting for other people by all of your frametimes suddenly being consistent (when the game is otherwise terrible with them) and it maybe does that for network side pauses too, but not sure





But i'm struggling with a completely different issue..



Maybe 314 drivers work


The guy that single handedly coded sc2 engine needed to be fired a long time ago
Edited by Cyro999 - 9/27/13 at 1:30pm
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22209 of 33992
You guys that bought your own modems and saw a substantial increase;

What modem did you buy?

I want to pick one up and see if it increases my down/up speed.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #22210 of 33992
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

I wanted to ask you guys, someone told me not to sell my 680s and upgrade so I thought of a different option. How about get another 680 on top of mine. That's what I decided.

EVGA has this thing called "B-Stock" and AFAIK, it's refurbished or returns that actually had no problems when it was received. Most returns were because they couldn't overclock as well. Now, there's a 680 Classified available there for $450, my question is: should I get that for $450 or get their 680 FTW LE for $500. So the Classified is a 4GB card vs the LE which is only 2GB, but is the Classified worth the 'risk'?
Yea, the higher things get; the smaller the impact as you increase. smile.gif Still, an increase is still an increase no matter how small.

why even go for the le? one you wont OC it if you have freakign 3 680's as the OC ability over multiple cards gets tough from the different cards and such for good stability so just get the cheaper one and do that. FTW LE is just a sticker on a better binned card.... all they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

You guys that bought your own modems and saw a substantial increase;

What modem did you buy?

I want to pick one up and see if it increases my down/up speed.

Just get a new one doesn't matter really i just got one from netgear works fine. sometimes it's not just the router call your provider ask them what you are payign for and show them your speeds and they can redo the wiring for free. I did that this summer was only getting 2 down and .1 up so i yelled a lot and swore a bit and then they fixed it giving me my payign rate of 6 down and 5 up thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide