Done with my delid! I used the following:
- Rockit Cool
- Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra (for the die)
- Thermo Grizzly Kryonaut (on top of IHS)
- Red Silicone RTV for re-sealingImages below. A few things I did learn though as well as a few thoughts:
- Probably used too much RTV to reseal it back. I would use less in the future. I used a syringe and needle for the thin application.
- Rockit Cool tells you to use your fingers to rub the silicone off the CPU. I tried that but it was slow even with nails. Credit card worked beautifully. Be gentle though because if your card isn't all worn out it may have relatively sharp edges that can remove the silicone fast. I wouldn't recommend using metal credit cards (ahem Chase Sapphire owners). As a tribute to United (RIP), I decided to pull out my old MileagePlus Explorer card.
- Kryonaut was applied horribly as you can see, but I suppose it should still work out in the end once you smash it down and let it spread naturally.
- Not sure if I put enough CLU. I put very little on and was able to spread it and saw little bumps suggesting there's still too much so I tried to get it down to a film. But every video I watched seemed to put way too much and some applied to the IHS too.As for temperatures? I ran the exact same settings at 4.7 GHz, 1.25V, and while previously I got a max of 84C, my max temp is now down to 71C in Prime 95. A 13C drop in temperature. I'll take it.Edited by dmo580 - 4/11/17 at 11:57pm