Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 533

post #5321 of 33574
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

im sooo happy right now, my money came in, and i just bought the last part for my build,
the Gigabyte GV-R7970 OC-3GD
idc, ill pay the rent later ...hahaha...
but got lucky, they sell for about 370-380+ euro on avarage where i live,
and today i spotted one for 350 euro($457), thats with shipping, hah biggrin.gif
i would have upgraded to water cooler as last,
but i dont really need one anymore after delid,
my temps are cray low with my aircooler so ..np there..
my next build will have a watercooler tho..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomi View Post

Grats mate! smile.gif
Im slightly humming aswell, as I found a place nearby selling the LEPA G1600 PSU - Which is the only one that been:
A) Getting RAVE reviews!
B) Have all the PCI-E cables I need
C) Is fully modular
Slight overkill on the Watts, but hey - With this thing in my hands, my PSU needs are pretty much settled for the next few years, lol.
Of course, the thought of having to sleeve cables again is making me cry a bit on the inside.

Nice choice! I think it's not overkill, cause you will eventually freeze your stuff and bench it, I know it's in you muahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

and, one of the first things im gonna do, is use liquid pro on it ..lol
yea, i think its the same windforce 3 cooler used on both..

Oh, that's gonna be great! tongue.gif
I did with my gtx 670 ftw and I can run oc's guys run with an AIO water cooler lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinhal View Post

I think I'm stable at 5 Ghz. biggrin.gif

Awesome man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

haha, I strongly agree, burn that crap with fire biggrin.gif
nah, I live on the East Coast in New Jersey and work in NYC ... was just googling stores in WA to help our members from Vancouver area smile.gif
you mean the Intel rep said the votlage doesn't matter as long as temps are under control? wondering if he knew how we take care of temps around here ...

Sure sounds like it...let's wait till he chimes in again biggrin.gif
post #5322 of 33574
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

If that's the case I think the delidding crew is going to start to grow exponentially biggrin.gif.

Yes my my army even larger. Muhahahahahahahaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyaena View Post

Same, I would actually prefer the TIM, partly for the thrill of succesfully delidding your rather expensive chip, and partly because a properly delidded chip with CLP and maybe a good lapping just seems to make temperatures a non-issue on most ways of cooling. I actually like working a bit for my performance gains, and I've never done a mod that netted me more performance than the delid of my chip did thumb.gif

Same here I prefer TIM much more. You net much more performance and personal gain from delidding instead of being like well yeah I dropped my temps by 2 C! Im a boss! And here we go I dropped mine by 30! IM A GOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

An Intel rep told a high voltage stock ivy victim like me that Ivy chips will take as high as voltage as you can go without maxing out the temps. I'll post the word for word PM when I get home, hard too do from a phone while im framing a roof system.

Hmmm maybe I talked to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

haha, I strongly agree, burn that crap with fire biggrin.gif
nah, I live on the East Coast in New Jersey and work in NYC ... was just googling stores in WA to help our members from Vancouver area smile.gif
you mean the Intel rep said the votlage doesn't matter as long as temps are under control? wondering if he knew how we take care of temps around here ...

Im debating telling them. In my return cpu letter that is.
post #5323 of 33574
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

im sooo happy right now, my money came in, and i just bought the last part for my build,
the Gigabyte GV-R7970 OC-3GD
idc, ill pay the rent later ...hahaha...
but got lucky, they sell for about 370-380+ euro on avarage where i live,
and today i spotted one for 350 euro($457), thats with shipping, hah biggrin.gif
i would have upgraded to water cooler as last,
but i dont really need one anymore after delid,
my temps are cray low with my aircooler so ..np there..
my next build will have a watercooler tho..

Puts some CLP on that and will drop like 10-15c on temps. smile.gif
post #5324 of 33574
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-br View Post

Puts some CLP on that and will drop like 10-15c on temps. smile.gif

I'm wonderig if I should put CLP on my EK 670 full cover block. I wonder if I could do so without taking my loop apart...hmmmmmm rolleyes.gif.
post #5325 of 33574
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

I'm wonderig if I should put CLP on my EK 670 full cover block. I wonder if I could do so without taking my loop apart...hmmmmmm rolleyes.gif.

I'm air cooled and got 12c drop in temps, in some games even more.... For you under water it will be more i think.
post #5326 of 33574
Yeah it's 100% worth it...you can easily replace the tim I guess. Not 100% sure with the waterblock thingie but it might be easy.rolleyes.gif
post #5327 of 33574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Yeah it's 100% worth it...you can easily replace the tim I guess. Not 100% sure with the waterblock thingie but it might be easy.rolleyes.gif

I feel like it'd be tough with my setup.

post #5328 of 33574
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

I feel like it'd be tough with my setup.

Do it for the fun of it. tongue.gif
post #5329 of 33574
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-br View Post

Puts some CLP on that and will drop like 10-15c on temps. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

and, one of the first things im gonna do, is use liquid pro on it ..lol
yea, i think its the same windforce 3 cooler used on both..

guess you missed that post later on.. lol,
but yea, one of the first things im gonna do,
had good results with mine and my kids vid cards, about 10C drop using liquid pro smile.gif

this is how it looked when we took it apart,

i used AS5 before, little did i know, looking at it now, i applied way to much, right..

still saw some tempdrop 5-6C, but not 10C like with using CLP later..
that would mean total tempdrop before and after the original tim, is more then 10C..lol
cleaned,


Liquid Pro applied smile.gif

runs about 10C cooler now then before while playing bf3..(15C wink.gif )
Edited by VonDutch - 12/13/12 at 12:22pm
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5330 of 33574
25 runs of IBT @5.0Ghz with 1.330vcore under load. Start testing with Prime or just keep pushing higher?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide