Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 555

post #5541 of 33564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm3nian View Post

The power a comp draws when off load is like non existent, 150-300watt at max. Anyway, your problem sounds like 100% cpu 8pin lol. Could be ram. And to update bios, not sure if amd has this but you diwnload bios on usb stick and insert into the CORRECT slot, check manual, and press the button, you dont even need a cpu for that, runs off mobo chipset.

thanks smile.gif
so i can rule out the psu?
i dont think i can update my bios like that,
what do you mean with "your problem sounds like 100% cpu 8pin" ?

edit,
yes, theres a cable 4pin on the psu, i bought a 8 pin extension cable for it for my mobo to fit,
mobo needs a 8pin to, worked with the 100T tho ..
Edited by VonDutch - 12/16/12 at 3:46am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5542 of 33564
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

hey, i have a little problem over here,
\tried to get a answer in the AMD cpu section of ocn,
but no answer yet, only answers to other posts after me...lol
(could it be because i have a intel build in my sig??)
"i bought a FX8350, on ga ,
installed it yesterday, but it wont boot,
vid card starts spinning, stops, starts spinning ..etc,
thought i did something wrong, so i took it all apart again,
putt together again, checked all cables like 5x, same problem,
hdd led blinks a few sec, vid card starts spinning, repeat...
no signal on monitor, wont even show bios or anything,
tried 2 different vid cards..
im puzzled, so im looking on the net, one answer was,
i need a bios update to make it work?
FX8350 doesnt work on my mobo?, it worked with the 1100T,
problem is i sold it, so cant check if its something else see..
i thought it was the old psu im using, its only 400Watt,
its a oldy tho, maybe it cant handle the startup power fx8350 needs?
not sure anymore what bios version is installed,
since i gave the comp to my son,
if it seems that its my bios, how can i get a new/latest one on?,
i dont have another cpu i can use for it..."
http://www.overclock.net/t/1318995/official-fx-8320-fx-8350-vishera-owners-club/5650#post_18836582
any idea what it can be, im sure some of you have amd's still ..lol

Yeah that thread has so many people in there now all sorts of points get skipped over.

But to answer your question, oddly enough the 8 core Vishera's are not on the support list for your motherboard. Dont ask me why they list the 4 and 6 core Visheras and the 8 core Zambezis but don't support the 8 core Vishera. That is beyond me.
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3900

It doesn't look like you get any 8 core Vishera love. It might have to do with that 4+1 phase power, that would really struggle to overclock the Vishera. I would have a deal for you on a 8+2 phase board that does support that chip for like $50, but you live SO FAR AWAY. I don't think it would be cost effective to ship.

So here's the deal bro, you need something like this:
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
however you must avoid Rev 1.0 because there's no LLC, Rev 1.1, 1.2, and 3.0 FTW

ASUS M5A97 R2.0 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873

ASUS M5A99X EVO - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131754

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131851

This is what I have coming in the mail just to use with a Phenom chip though:
GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128519
It has the phase power but the LLC is lacking, only two options.

Anyway, I know it sucks, but your board likely wont run that chip. You either gotta step your son down to a 6 core or upgrade the motherboard. The motherboards I listed above are the cheapest I can recommend if you have intentions to overclock over 4.4GHz. It would obviously be best to get a Sabertooth, Crosshair V Formula, or UD7 but I understand if budget is a concern.
post #5543 of 33564
Delided yesterday and it wasnt bad at all but I only have MX4 and my pro3 seems to be maxed at 4.8ghz. I can boot into windows at 5.1 but no stress tests whatsoever. Time for a new board
Edited by Stay Puft - 12/16/12 at 7:00am
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5544 of 33564
Got my liquid pro in the mail. Guess it is time to try a direct mount with my h100i.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2
3770K
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K z77 ud5h evga gtx 980 ti soc samsung 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2 tb western digital black samsung 850 Pro 512 Samsung 830 128 LG Blu-Ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy EVO copper block EK GTX 980Ti Copper Block Aqualis reservoir Swiftec PWM 655 pump 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool XT45 Radiator 360 Alphacool XT45 Radiator 240 Windows 10 Home  Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech g9x steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K z77 ud5h evga gtx 980 ti soc samsung 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2 tb western digital black samsung 850 Pro 512 Samsung 830 128 LG Blu-Ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy EVO copper block EK GTX 980Ti Copper Block Aqualis reservoir Swiftec PWM 655 pump 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool XT45 Radiator 360 Alphacool XT45 Radiator 240 Windows 10 Home  Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech g9x steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5545 of 33564
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

Yeah that thread has so many people in there now all sorts of points get skipped over.
But to answer your question, oddly enough the 8 core Vishera's are not on the support list for your motherboard. Dont ask me why they list the 4 and 6 core Visheras and the 8 core Zambezis but don't support the 8 core Vishera. That is beyond me.
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3900
It doesn't look like you get any 8 core Vishera love. It might have to do with that 4+1 phase power, that would really struggle to overclock the Vishera. I would have a deal for you on a 8+2 phase board that does support that chip for like $50, but you live SO FAR AWAY. I don't think it would be cost effective to ship.
So here's the deal bro, you need something like this:
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
however you must avoid Rev 1.0 because there's no LLC, Rev 1.1, 1.2, and 3.0 FTW
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873
ASUS M5A99X EVO - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131754
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131851
This is what I have coming in the mail just to use with a Phenom chip though:
GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128519
It has the phase power but the LLC is lacking, only two options.
Anyway, I know it sucks, but your board likely wont run that chip. You either gotta step your son down to a 6 core or upgrade the motherboard. The motherboards I listed above are the cheapest I can recommend if you have intentions to overclock over 4.4GHz. It would obviously be best to get a Sabertooth, Crosshair V Formula, or UD7 but I understand if budget is a concern.

thanks for your answer stickg1, appreciated:) +rep for you wink.gif
my kiddo was here this afternoon...aaww..not happy of course,
didnt play bf3 for a whole 2 days ...LOL..

but he said, hey dad, i have the black mobo,
i just checked, but its a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX he has.. Rev 1.0,
starting to think i messed up the mobo while changing the cpu's,
i hope its the psu, i bought/gonna buy a used "Seasonic S12 Energy+650" for 50 euro with shipping..( good one ? )
he needs a better one anyways, you think it could be the bios needs a update to make it run?, already wrote gigabyte with the question also,
but it takes a few days before they respond..
Edited by VonDutch - 12/16/12 at 7:16am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5546 of 33564
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

thanks for your answer stickg1, appreciated:) +rep for you wink.gif
my kiddo was here this afternoon...aaww..not happy of course,
didnt play bf3 for a whole 2 days ...LOL..
but he said, hey dad, i have the black mobo,
i just checked, but its a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX he has.. Rev 1.0,
starting to think i messed up the mobo while changing the cpu's,
i hope its the psu, i bought/gonna buy a used "Seasonic S12 Energy+650" for 50 euro with shipping..( good one ? )
he needs a better one anyways, you think it could be the bios needs a update to make it run?, already wrote gigabyte with the question also,
but it takes a few days before they respond..

OHH, he has the black one, the UD3? Well it should just plain work. Unless the BIOS is so old that it doesn't even have Zambezi support yet. The chips are so similar (Bulldozer and Piledriver) that it should at least boot as long as it supports the bulldozer. Just might not be optimized. You need to get a burner chip, go snag a Sempron or something, or see if you can borrow a Phenom or Athlon from someone. Flash to F9 BIOS. I doubt the power supply is an issue, I ran a bulldozer chip with a Radeon 7770 on a Antec Earthwatts 380w for a few months. People say "ZOMG YOU NEED MORE POWERS", well it worked and it worked well so, w/e.

Unless you popped a VRM somehow, it should still boot up. I have a broken AM3 mobo right here that turns on for a few seconds then shuts back off, no post or anything. It's an MSI AMD board so 99% chance the VRMs popped. Does it keep restarting over and over by itself? Could be a grounding issue. Pull the chip out and make sure no old thermal paste got on the pins or socket holes. Make sure no pins on the CPU itself are missing or broke off. But really to put it all to rest you need to get BIOS version F9 on that motherboard.
post #5547 of 33564
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

OHH, he has the black one, the UD3? Well it should just plain work. Unless the BIOS is so old that it doesn't even have Zambezi support yet. The chips are so similar (Bulldozer and Piledriver) that it should at least boot as long as it supports the bulldozer. Just might not be optimized. You need to get a burner chip, go snag a Sempron or something, or see if you can borrow a Phenom or Athlon from someone. Flash to F9 BIOS. I doubt the power supply is an issue, I ran a bulldozer chip with a Radeon 7770 on a Antec Earthwatts 380w for a few months. People say "ZOMG YOU NEED MORE POWERS", well it worked and it worked well so, w/e.
Unless you popped a VRM somehow, it should still boot up. I have a broken AM3 mobo right here that turns on for a few seconds then shuts back off, no post or anything. It's an MSI AMD board so 99% chance the VRMs popped. Does it keep restarting over and over by itself? Could be a grounding issue. Pull the chip out and make sure no old thermal paste got on the pins or socket holes. Make sure no pins on the CPU itself are missing or broke off. But really to put it all to rest you need to get BIOS version F9 on that motherboard.

yea, the black one, gotta love how kids talk sometimes ..lol

yea figured that much after reading your reply, clicking link,
saw at gigabyte site, 8350 needs F9 bios..im sure it hasnt that one, didnt update bios for at least a year, wasnt necessary..

im not sure how it acts if the wrong bios is on it tho..
yea, its "booting",hdd led lights up for a sec, gpu spins harder at start, 4-5 seconds, then it repeats/loops,
but not till bios shows, doesnt show anything on monitor, tried with another vidcard also..
guess i will try to get a updated bios first ..man, i dont have another cpu here to try, and update bios,
i sold the 1100T that was in it ..lol

new chip, so no old tim on it, the old one didnt "push" any tim outside too,
but i did take it all apart again this morning,
just to make sure i connected everything ok, and to see if i seated it right,
no bent pins or anything, phew..lol, liquid pro all over the ihs, good contact, looked good..

o, and the psu im using is most likely 10 years old, maybe even older ..lol
Sempre bd-401ctp12, took it out a old pentium4 workstation..
Edited by VonDutch - 12/16/12 at 7:55am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5548 of 33564
I'm pretty sure is the bios that is too old and doesn't see the new cpu., I had the same board and 1100t before moving to intel.. I do keep all my boards BIOS updated.
post #5549 of 33564
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

thanks for your answer stickg1, appreciated:) +rep for you wink.gif
my kiddo was here this afternoon...aaww..not happy of course,
didnt play bf3 for a whole 2 days ...LOL..
but he said, hey dad, i have the black mobo,
i just checked, but its a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX he has.. Rev 1.0,
starting to think i messed up the mobo while changing the cpu's,
i hope its the psu, i bought/gonna buy a used "Seasonic S12 Energy+650" for 50 euro with shipping..( good one ? )
he needs a better one anyways, you think it could be the bios needs a update to make it run?, already wrote gigabyte with the question also,
but it takes a few days before they respond..

If u killed the mb.. return that cpu and get your son real Cpu...

2500k +mb u have now and get yourself a better board for that 3770k thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5550 of 33564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

Delided yesterday and it wasnt bad at all but I only have MX4 and my pro3 seems to be maxed at 4.8ghz. I can boot into windows at 5.1 but no stress tests whatsoever. Time for a new board

what vcore are you at for 5.1ghz?
my mobo isnt that good either,entry level, but runs all oc's without to many problems,
found a max vcore limit on it, 1.85V ..lol, but thats about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-br View Post

I'm pretty sure is the bios that is too old and doesn't see the new cpu., I had the same board and 1100t before moving to intel.. I do keep all my boards BIOS updated.

i really hope so, im not even sure if i did ever update bios on it, could be still F1..lol
wasnt that important back then for me as it was now,
the bios that came with my own mobo was bad,
so i kept updating it everytime gigabyte released a new one,
and that at onetime was almost every week orso ..lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

If u killed the mb.. return that cpu and get your son real Cpu...
2500k +mb u have now and get yourself a better board for that 3770k thumb.gif

for sure, i gave him my "old" mobo/cpu etc..
the mobo were talking about now, and that 1100T
wouldnt start a new build for him with amd, intel rules ..np,
2500k is about the same prize as the fx8350 where i live, 10-15 euro diff..
and the 3570K is just a bit more money ..well..

yea, if i had mo money , i would buy me another mobo for sure,
this one isnt bad at all, but for ocing and benching, it isnt that good..
Edited by VonDutch - 12/16/12 at 9:16am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide