Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 75

post #741 of 33693
It's not too hard once you break in, lay blade flat and wiggle it carefully.
Be careful when removing the glue, and try to avoid cutting the pcb when doing the sides...I found it UBER easy to start cutting the glue from the 4 corners first, doing the following:

-Grab a Gillette razor (thin bendable ones)
-Bend it to make a U shape with the lowest part of the U fitting under the IHS and with the edge touching the glue.
-Whilst keeping this U shape press the cpu and blade in opposite directions to help moving the blade flat.

See how that goes, it was the easiest way to cut my way into the toughest partsn of the IHS that were too tightly pressed against the pcb.
post #742 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Take the board out get bright light look and see what direction the pins are going use a razor to bend it back in that direction making sure no pins are touching one another.
Glue is pretty tough i donno... I see the baking the cpu in the oven heating the glue idea a great one and use a very thin razor.. just after u break the edge of the glue aim the razor up and you should not hit anything...
I did it like this not 1 scratch on my pcb.

I thought about this as well, then someone pointed out the fact that these chips basically do cook when they are running, so they don't use a heat sensitive glue on the PCB/IHS. It wouldn't make since if the glue would become soft and pliable over and over again causing distortion/unevenness. Not saying you're wrong here brother. You did it, so if it worked and you noticed it way softer, let us know. I just didn't want to risk turning my chip into slag by baking it....that's what OCing is for!
post #743 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopunx View Post

I thought about this as well, then someone pointed out the fact that these chips basically do cook when they are running, so they don't use a heat sensitive glue on the PCB/IHS. It wouldn't make since if the glue would become soft and pliable over and over again causing distortion/unevenness. Not saying you're wrong here brother. You did it, so if it worked and you noticed it way softer, let us know. I just didn't want to risk turning my chip into slag by baking it....that's what OCing is for!

It does make it softer but not smooshy soft.

Anywho im now testing how far i can go with HT off now that i have a Stable 5.1ghz HT on OC..

Seeing what i can do with HT off so far im at 1.45v 5.1ghz and 2 hrs in prime95.. with an avg temp drop of 8c

It is ungodly easy to use HT off for gaming and turn it back on when u need it when u have 2 stable overclocks.

I have not even broke 70c yet,
Edited by Hokies83 - 10/15/12 at 4:06pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #744 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

It does make it softer but not smooshy soft.
Anywho im now testing how far i can go with HT off now that i have a Stable 5.1ghz HT on OC..
Seeing what i can do with HT off so far im at 1.45v 5.1ghz and 2 hrs in prime95.. with an avg temp drop of 8c
It is ungodly easy to use HT off for gaming and turn it back on when u need it when u have 2 stable overclocks.
I have not even broke 70c yet,

maybe just buy a 3570K? not trying to sound like a donkey here.
post #745 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

maybe just buy a 3570K? not trying to sound like a donkey here.

????!!??!!!

Then i would have no HT i need HT why on earth would i just buy a 3570k?

u can turn it on are off in about 10 seconds?!

Having 2 stable Overclocks one HT on one HT off is a very smart thing to do.. If your not using HT u can run the Stable 4 coe Overclock..

If you need HT run the Stable HT overclock it is as easy as loading a profile in the bios..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #746 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

????!!??!!!
Then i would have no HT i need HT why on earth would i just buy a 3570k?
u can turn it on are off in about 10 seconds?!
Having 2 stable Overclocks one HT on one HT off is a very smart thing to do.. If your not using HT u can run the Stable 4 coe Overclock..
If you need HT run the Stable HT overclock it is as easy as loading a profile in the bios..

just wondering since your turning off HT thats all.
post #747 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

just wondering since your turning off HT thats all.

Because i can drop V core way down and drop temps way down.. 70% of what i do is stream movies and play games the other 30% needs HT

I can boot into windows in 7 seconds you just load which profile needed for what you want to do.. weather it be gaming or things that need HT.. Thats why you have the option to turn it off. thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #748 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Because i can drop V core way down and drop temps way down.. 70% of what i do is stream movies and play games the other 30% needs HT
I can boot into windows in 7 seconds you just load which profile needed for what you want to do.. weather it be gaming or things that need HT.. Thats why you have the option to turn it off. thumb.gif

Do you have 5 240gb ssds???
 
Philip J. Fry
(6 items)
 
Turanga Leela
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K 4.2ghz 1.15v Asus Z97I-Plus EVGA GTX1070 ACX 3.0 HyperX 16gb 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Western Digital Caviar Black1TB NZXT Kraken X41 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VN247H-P ASUS VN247H-P ASUS VN247H-P SPI Magna Gold 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Zowie EC1-A Steelseries QCK XXL Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany 
AudioAudioAudio
Fiio E10 Olympus Modmic 4.0 Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm Removable Cable Mod 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 M 480 Nvidia GeForce 310M 4gb Samsung ram 640gb Samsung HM641JI 
OSOther
Windows 7 Home Premium Samsung QX410 Laptop 
Keyboard
Which one? :P 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Philip J. Fry
(6 items)
 
Turanga Leela
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K 4.2ghz 1.15v Asus Z97I-Plus EVGA GTX1070 ACX 3.0 HyperX 16gb 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Western Digital Caviar Black1TB NZXT Kraken X41 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VN247H-P ASUS VN247H-P ASUS VN247H-P SPI Magna Gold 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Zowie EC1-A Steelseries QCK XXL Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany 
AudioAudioAudio
Fiio E10 Olympus Modmic 4.0 Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm Removable Cable Mod 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 M 480 Nvidia GeForce 310M 4gb Samsung ram 640gb Samsung HM641JI 
OSOther
Windows 7 Home Premium Samsung QX410 Laptop 
Keyboard
Which one? :P 
  hide details  
Reply
post #749 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE1000 View Post

Do you have 5 240gb ssds???

In this system yes i have 2 more in my other 2 systems.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #750 of 33693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Because i can drop V core way down and drop temps way down.. 70% of what i do is stream movies and play games the other 30% needs HT
I can boot into windows in 7 seconds you just load which profile needed for what you want to do.. weather it be gaming or things that need HT.. Thats why you have the option to turn it off. thumb.gif

Yeah I was just curious man. I run mine with HT on all the time. but it only a few hours a week. temps don't bother me considering my overclock, I'm happy with 71 as a max.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide