Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 81

post #801 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

i have and I haven't seen any degradation yet...but for some reason my 4.8 OC had a really weird freeze during folding this weekedn but I think I had a windows error since it just froze and was still folding until it finished lol.

interesting ... you running 1.65v RAM kit? ever stress tested CPU at near thermal limits (104-105C so it thermally throttles down even for split second)? wondering if I degraded my CPU because of any of the two mentioned potential causes. well, for it's still good at higher clocks as it used be, but 4.6GHz was the first and oldest overclock I did on it and this one got altered most in meantime.
post #802 of 33576
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

interesting ... you running 1.65v RAM kit? ever stress tested CPU at near thermal limits (104-105C so it thermally throttles down even for split second)? wondering if I degraded my CPU because of any of the two mentioned potential causes. well, for it's still good at higher clocks as it used be, but 4.6GHz was the first and oldest overclock I did on it and this one got altered most in meantime.

I run 1.5v kits and I've hit that 105C range a couple times lol...probably to many times lol. just try it later or shut down for a few hours then try it again....I haven't really lost anything but the vcores do fluctuate a bit.
post #803 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

guys, just a quick question. any of you recently stress testing (priming or burning) above 5GHz, could revert down to let's say 4.6-4.7GHz and see if you get the chip same stable (same vcore that is) as in the past?
also, please state which RAM you are running (1.50v vs 1.65v) ... I discovered slight chip degradation on my end after recent stability testing near thermal limits, but I also run a 1.65v memory which is said to degrade the IMC faster, but I've never seen any IMC degradation (no memory stability trouble ever here), however I do see cpu core degradation - e.g. before my suicide run towards 5GHz on water (no delidding yet, used AC to cool things down), my 3770K used to run 4.6GHz with around 1.212v vcore under IBT load, now it seems to call for 1.240v under load (different approach though, lower LLC and higher offset) for same stability at same clock ... hmmm ... wodnering if I should delid it this weekend or rather keep observing it and RMA if needed be and delid the new one...

I have been Prime 95 four 5ghz + diff overclocks for 7 hrs each the last 2 days.. and i have 2400mhz ram 1.65 that i have set at 2500mhz and 1.70v and i notice no issues at all.

But anyways i have found and saved 3 diff stable 5ghz + over clocks to my MB profiles..

However i did re install windows last night as it was un godly Corrupted from 30-40 BSOD'S gunner2.gif
Edited by Hokies83 - 10/16/12 at 12:32pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #804 of 33576
You won't have an issue with 1.65v ram...don't worry guys! Don't be pussies tongue.gif What's the point of our chips IMC then?
You will see degradation only if you push them to the max on a regular basis, vcore and temp wise. Vcore alone like Hokies' is unlikely to cause degradation, this chips are TOUGH, but I wouldn't do it anyways...I wanna resell when I get a Haswell rig you know tongue.gif I got enough to worry with a delidded chip in the first place! biggrin.gif
post #805 of 33576
My ripjaws are at 1.65volts. I haven't had any issue.
post #806 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

I run 1.5v kits and I've hit that 105C range a couple times lol...probably to many times lol. just try it later or shut down for a few hours then try it again....I haven't really lost anything but the vcores do fluctuate a bit.
interesting, I did the same a few (too many) times LOL! especially during recent quick stress testing runs at 4.9-5.0GHz when playing around with AC - anywhere from few minutes up to 30 minutes full load stress testing at near thermal limits. all looked good, but I am wondering why I see most vcore degradation at lowest overclock I use(d) and least of degradation at the highest ones I use (perhaps because they are more recent) ... time will tell, still have a few days to Saturday, will need to decide what to do (Intel RMA using performance tuning plan or deliding).
thanks for input on type of mem kit used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

I have been Prime 95 four 5ghz + diff overclocks for 7 hrs each the last 2 days.. and i have 2400mhz ram 1.65 that i have set at 2500mhz and 1.70v and i notice no issues at all.
But anyways i have found and saved 3 diff stable 5ghz + over clocks to my MB profiles..
However i did re install windows last night as it was un godly Corrupted from 30-40 BSOD'S gunner2.gif
yeah, hehe, I had to re-install Win7 3 weeks ago, because I corrupted it too from too many BSODs while overclocking CPU and RAM (my mem sticks are rated at 2000MHz @ 1.65V) wink.gif ... however software corruption can easily get fixed (re-install) while vcore degradation is permament. any chances you could try checking stability of any "low" overclock that was used in past (e.g. 1-2 months ago) and see if it still runs stable at same vcore as in past?
thanks on your input on memory kit used. I use my 1.65V RAM either with 2x4GB @ 2400MHz or 4x4GB at 2200MHz. however I do not see any kind of IMC degradation ever, just the vcore needs to get upped for same CPU core stability versus value from the past.

for now I came up with a 1600MHz speed & stable timings @ 1.50V for my mem kit (9-11-9-24) and will use it this way, just to rule out possible (not really probable though) impact of running 1.65V memory. I will keep my CPU at 4.6GHz at 90C max (stock intel TIM under IHS) and observe ... if I need to use 1 more notch on vcore to re-gain stability within a week of running a safe clock and specs then it will be an RMA time instead of deliding...
post #807 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

You won't have an issue with 1.65v ram...don't worry guys! Don't be pussies tongue.gif What's the point of our chips IMC then?
You will see degradation only if you push them to the max on a regular basis, vcore and temp wise. Vcore alone like Hokies' is unlikely to cause degradation, this chips are TOUGH, but I wouldn't do it anyways...I wanna resell when I get a Haswell rig you know tongue.gif I got enough to worry with a delidded chip in the first place! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

My ripjaws are at 1.65volts. I haven't had any issue.

yeah, I personally never believed that 1.65V RAM can actually harm the IMC in SB/IB chips, have yet to see that and I've been through one 2600K Sandy Bridge (zero problems up to 5GHz) and two different 3770K cpus here. never a problem with IMC ever.
vcore degradation is however something that worries me, as my former 3770K degraded vcore severely within only 8 weeks (killed it off eventually and RMA'ed) and it never went above 4.8GHz stable and was run at 4.6-4.7GHz daily 24/7 using fixed voltage however (was using and EVGA z77 FTW board back then, it doesn't support offsets) ...
post #808 of 33576
Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra or Liquid Pro better to apply under the lid? I've already removed the ihs and applied thermal paste and my temperatures dont go past 77 after 8 hours of prime with my 3770k @ 4.6ghz with 1.65 volts but I want to get those temperatures a little cooler.

Thanks
post #809 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteboss View Post

Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra or Liquid Pro better to apply under the lid? I've already removed the ihs and applied thermal paste and my temperatures dont go past 77 after 8 hours of prime with my 3770k @ 4.6ghz with 1.65 volts but I want to get those temperatures a little cooler.
Thanks

All results point to Liquid pro as the better.

1.65v for 4.6ghz?? that does not seem right .. seems like way way to much volts.. you should be 5ghz+ with that many volts... Try 1.4v for 4.6ghz and i even think that is over skill.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #810 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

All results point to Liquid pro as the better.
1.65v for 4.6ghz?? that does not seem right .. seems like way way to much volts.. you should be 5ghz+ with that many volts... Try 1.4v for 4.6ghz and i even think that is over skill.
Oh trust me dude I've tried. I don't have a good chip what so ever. When I use 1.45 volts my temperatures reach 80c but when I use 1.65 they don't go past 75. I think its the thermal paste that I am using. Im hoping that when I get the Liquid Pro I can get better results.

Thanks for the help smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide