Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 807

post #8061 of 33678
My results:



I am submitting this for gold and superstable. Not bad for a board that I shorted twice the night before. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.. and superstably
post #8062 of 33678
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfx View Post

My results:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I am submitting this for gold and superstable. Not bad for a board that I shorted twice the night before. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.. and superstably

you gonna run it 24/7 ?
i think you surely could, vcore, tempwise ..everything lol thumb.gif
very nice chronicfx
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8063 of 33678
I had suspected that there was a gap between the die and the IHS when I delidded mine and saw that the TIM was quite thick on the die. But I was in such a hurry to get that gunk off and get that sticky black crap off the PCB and IHS that I did not pursue that train of thought further. Intel's TIM was on so thick and it had cascaded down all four sides of the die so no way was I going to leave it on there. I wasn't too thorough in getting that glue stuff off, however, but it looked ok using AS5 with two test mounts before testing it. My temps only went down about 8c and were really not where I wanted them. I'm only watering my CPU with an rx360 kit with the copper Raystorm block, 4 SP Corsar fans and D5. Temps at 4.7, 1.33 vcore were hitting low to mid 70s on Prime small FFTs and IBT on Xtreme setting hit about 78. Before delidding, IBT hit mid 80s. Not happy.

My order of Liquid Ultra came in, so I popped off the block and IHS to discover my mount sucked for some reason. It looked like the TIM was about as thick on one end of the die as it was with the Intel paste. So I took the time to remove what remained of the Intel glue gunk on the IHS and PCB, and cleaned the die and IHS of all AS5 and carefully put the Ultra on there and on top of the IHS. No test mounts, I have come to the conclusion that as they don't show your actual mount, it's only worth doing once to see how well an untested paste spreads. Liquid Ultra is pre-spread and not a bit in the middle, so I saw no point in doing so. I just made sure the IHS sat flush against the PCB all the way around.

Well, not sure if I should just be applauding the Liquid Ultra, or also the removal of the remainder of that black glue stuff, but my temps on IBT Xtreme hit 61 on the hottest core last night. Primed a bit too and it hit 59 at one point. Still have about a 10c spread between cores. So that bad mount and gap had really messed up the temps.
Edited by tzvia - 1/13/13 at 7:59pm
Caseless
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA 780ti SC ASC G.Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Muskin MSATA Segate 3tb 7200rpm 32gig cache 2x LG BD Burner XSPC Raystorm RX360kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 46" 'SmartTV' 240hz Coolermaster CM Storm Corsair 1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lowes 6ft 5 shelf metal rack with extra shelf. Corsair M65 Corsair metal pad. Logitech with subwoofer or home AV (Polk, Tandb... 
Other
Soundblaster SB-Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Caseless
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA 780ti SC ASC G.Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Muskin MSATA Segate 3tb 7200rpm 32gig cache 2x LG BD Burner XSPC Raystorm RX360kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 46" 'SmartTV' 240hz Coolermaster CM Storm Corsair 1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lowes 6ft 5 shelf metal rack with extra shelf. Corsair M65 Corsair metal pad. Logitech with subwoofer or home AV (Polk, Tandb... 
Other
Soundblaster SB-Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8064 of 33678
@chronicfx : yeah, vcore and temps are gold. congrats.
Edited by chris-br - 1/13/13 at 7:42am
post #8065 of 33678
Thanks guys. I am gonna run it. It is the only overclock saved in the new bios and it shall stay that way I hope.
post #8066 of 33678
Xspc ex240 ordered to work with the 140.1 rad. Load temps are getting high with 4.5ghz @ 1.28 volts. Actually hit 90c using the water loop with a thermal right 140mm 1000rpm fan. Also using shinetsu tim, wondering if I should get some cool lab ultra? Also looking at my cores in core temp right now and 0,2,3 idle at 27, 27, 34 while 1 is always at 40c. Does this seem normal?
post #8067 of 33678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzvia View Post

I had suspected that there was a gap between the die and the IHS when I delidded mine and saw that the TIM was quite thick on the die. But I was in such a hurry to get that gunk off and get that sticky black crap off the PCB and IHS that I did not pursue that train of thought further. Intel's TIM was on so thick and it had cascaded down all four sides of the die so no way was I going to leave it on there. I wasn't too thorough in getting that glue stuff off, however, but it looked ok using AS5 with two test mounts before testing it. My temps only went down about 8c and were really not where I wanted them. I'm only watering my CPU with an rx360 kit with the copper Raystorm block, 4 SP Corsar fans and D5. Temps at 4.7, 1.33 vcore were hitting low to mid 70s on Prime small FFTs and IBT on Xtreme setting hit about 78. Before delidding, IBT hit mid 80s. Not happy.

My order of Liquid Ultra came in, so I popped off the block and IHS to discover my mount sucked for some reason. It looked like the TIM was about as thick on one end of the die as it was with the Intel paste. So I took the time to remove what remained of the Intel glue gunk on the IHS and PCB, and cleaned the die and IHS of all AS5 and carefully put the Ultra on there and on top of the IBT. No test mounts, I have come to the conclusion that as they don't show your actual mount, it's only worth doing once to see how well an untested paste spreads. Liquid Ultra is pre-spread and not a bit in the middle, so I saw no point in doing so. I just made sure the IBT sat flush against the PCB all the way around.

Well, not sure if I should just be applauding the Liquid Ultra, or also the removal of the remainder of that black glue stuff, but my temps on IBT Xtreme hit 61 on the hottest core last night. Primed a bit too and it hit 59 at one point. Still have about a 10c spread between cores. So that bad mount and gap had really messed up the temps.

IBT = IHS wink.gif
when i was reading your post i got all confused ..lol

yea, i used AS5 at first after delid, got a bout the same tempdrop you had,
maybe a bit more, and after just a few weeks temps got higher again too


then my liquid pro arrived

and dropped temps alot (25C) more compared to AS5..

10C difference between cores under load is good,
most are somewhere between 4-8C, but the higher the oc, the bigger the difference gets again,
mine dropped from about 15C difference before delid, to 4-7C after delid, so that only was a big win for me..
Edited by VonDutch - 1/13/13 at 8:06am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8068 of 33678
^^^looks like I'll be ordering some liquid pro! I'm currently using shin etsu.

In addition to my last post, I thought I might add that under load temps are within 1-2°c of each other on all cores.
post #8069 of 33678
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwman View Post

^^^looks like I'll be ordering some liquid pro! I'm currently using shin etsu.

In addition to my last post, I thought I might add that under load temps are within 1-2°c of each other on all cores.

oki, if its at idle, the difference between cores, no worries,
some program readings are a bit of when your chip is at idle i learned this week,
they are more precise under load,
and when the load is very low, only 1 core is used to do the work, thats another reason, i think
windows is always doing some stuff in the background, check for updates, a firewall checking things, a service thats running for a min etc..
and some think its because of the layout of the die, 1 core is next to the igpu

liquid pro/ultra is deffo the way to go on the die, on the ihs every good tim will do,
but i used liquid pro all the way, on die, inside ihs, on ihs, and base plate cooler, thin layers everywhere of course biggrin.gif
Edited by VonDutch - 1/13/13 at 9:11am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8070 of 33678
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwman View Post

Xspc ex240 ordered to work with the 140.1 rad. Load temps are getting high with 4.5ghz @ 1.28 volts. Actually hit 90c using the water loop with a thermal right 140mm 1000rpm fan. Also using shinetsu tim, wondering if I should get some cool lab ultra? Also looking at my cores in core temp right now and 0,2,3 idle at 27, 27, 34 while 1 is always at 40c. Does this seem normal?

you delidded your cpu davwman?
maybe i missed it, was busy weekend, so didnt follow everything in here smile.gif
read my post above this one..lol wink.gif
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide