Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Crossover 2730MD-P @ 125Hz 6ms / 30Q5 Pro @ 75Hz 5ms
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crossover 2730MD-P @ 125Hz 6ms / 30Q5 Pro @ 75Hz 5ms - Page 8

post #71 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinru View Post

These monitors can't run at 120hz or 75hz. It is extremely misleading to say that they do. Frame skipping is what they do and nothing more.

I want solid proof.
post #72 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

The U2713hm isn't 10 bit...

That means the U2713HM isn't worth getting over the Korean S-IPS monitors.

The U2711 would be worth it if it wasn't for the AG.

The Korean monitor isn't worth getting for the 10bit if you can't display 10bit... an extra $100-$200 for a guaranteed premium panel and hassle free 3-5year warranty service just might be worth it to some people.
And not all the Korean monitors do 10bit (you seem to imply that they do)... and don't forget about the new U2713H, the replacement for the U2711 with a lighter ag filter; the U2711 can be forgotten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinru View Post

These monitors can't run at 120hz or 75hz. It is extremely misleading to say that they do. Frame skipping is what they do and nothing more.
I want solid proof.

Look up the panel specifications...
You want proof that they can't but has anyone even proved that these monitors can actually display over 60Hz?
 
Cinema-Plex
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930k ASUS STRIX X99 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 DT Crucial Ballistix Sport 8*8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SanDisk Ultra II Pioneer DVR-218L Noctua D15 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 27UD58-B ASUS VH242H ASUS VW242 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1008 (Blues) EVGA SuperNova P2 1000w Thermaltake Core X9 White Logitech G700s 
AudioAudio
Sony MD7506 Logitech Z2300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1245v2 Gigabyte Sniper 3 Z77 EVGA GTX 950 FTW EVGA GTX 950 FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Samsung 256GB 830 Pro WD 5TB Green WD 5TB Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 5TB Red WD 5TB Red Seagate 1TB Constellation Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Vizio 43" M-Series 4k Logitec k830 EVGA SuperNova P2 850w 
CaseAudioAudio
Lian-Li P343b Denon AVRS500BT Klipsch front/centre/sub + Polk surrounds 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cinema-Plex
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930k ASUS STRIX X99 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 DT Crucial Ballistix Sport 8*8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SanDisk Ultra II Pioneer DVR-218L Noctua D15 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 27UD58-B ASUS VH242H ASUS VW242 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1008 (Blues) EVGA SuperNova P2 1000w Thermaltake Core X9 White Logitech G700s 
AudioAudio
Sony MD7506 Logitech Z2300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1245v2 Gigabyte Sniper 3 Z77 EVGA GTX 950 FTW EVGA GTX 950 FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Samsung 256GB 830 Pro WD 5TB Green WD 5TB Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 5TB Red WD 5TB Red Seagate 1TB Constellation Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Vizio 43" M-Series 4k Logitec k830 EVGA SuperNova P2 850w 
CaseAudioAudio
Lian-Li P343b Denon AVRS500BT Klipsch front/centre/sub + Polk surrounds 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Imagery View Post

The Korean monitor isn't worth getting for the 10bit if you can't display 10bit... an extra $100-$200 for a guaranteed premium panel and hassle free 3-5year warranty service just might be worth it to some people.
And not all the Korean monitors do 10bit (you seem to imply that they do)... and don't forget about the new U2713H, the replacement for the U2711 with a lighter ag filter; the U2711 can be forgotten.
Look up the panel specifications...
You want proof that they can't but has anyone even proved that these monitors can actually display over 60Hz?

I never implied that all Korean monitors have 10 bit panels.

The Dell U2713HM uses an 8 bit panel with less AG coating but it's still AG coating nonetheless. The Korean 27" S-IPS monitors will still have superior clarity and hence better perceived image quality.
post #74 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

I never implied that all Korean monitors have 10 bit panels.
The Dell U2713HM uses an 8 bit panel with less AG coating but it's still AG coating nonetheless. The Korean 27" S-IPS monitors will still have superior clarity and hence better perceived image quality.
Just stop. I can say just as easily that any glossy monitor is crap because of reflections and it would be just as true. Making blanket statements like that is dumb. I will say that I find AG awesome and that if I had to choose between my glossy Catleap and an similarly built U2713hm, I'd throw out the Catleap and put the U2713hm in its place.
post #75 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Just stop. I can say just as easily that any glossy monitor is crap because of reflections and it would be just as true. Making blanket statements like that is dumb. I will say that I find AG awesome and that if I had to choose between my glossy Catleap and an similarly built U2713hm, I'd throw out the Catleap and put the U2713hm in its place.

You're probably the only person I know who finds AG "awesome". I absolutely can't stand AG coating and will never buy a monitor with AG coating.

I might consider the Dell U2713HM but that's about it.

The Korean S-IPS monitors are better for clarity because they are glossy. Reflections is a totally different story and is an external factor and hence your argument is baseless.
post #76 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

You're probably the only person I know who finds AG "awesome". I absolutely can't stand AG coating and will never buy a monitor with AG coating.
I might consider the Dell U2713HM but that's about it.
The Korean S-IPS monitors are better for clarity because they are glossy. Reflections is a totally different story and is an external factor and hence your argument is baseless.

You do realise that just because you have stated that my argument is baseless and external to what you feel does not, in fact, render it baseless? It is just as valid whether or not you agree with it.

Well, then now you know someone who vastly prefers AG over glossy. Glad to meet you. There a lot of people who also feel that way. I happen to know more than a few.
post #77 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

You do realise that just because you have stated that my argument is baseless and external to what you feel does not, in fact, render it baseless? It is just as valid whether or not you agree with it.
Well, then now you know someone who vastly prefers AG over glossy. Glad to meet you. There a lot of people who also feel that way. I happen to know more than a few.

Most people on HardForum have agreed with me that AG coating on most Dell Ultrasharp monitors are too aggressive and this destroys image quality.

I'm sure there are people who like AG but for me, it's a big no no.
post #78 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Most people on HardForum have agreed with me that AG coating on most Dell Ultrasharp monitors are too aggressive and this destroys image quality.
I'm sure there are people who like AG but for me, it's a big no no.

I think the point is that you need to stop quoting your opinion as fact. There are many scenarios where Matte is a better choice that Glossy and vice versa. That is why they make two kinds of displays.
post #79 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makav3li View Post

I think the point is that you need to stop quoting your opinion as fact. There are many scenarios where Matte is a better choice that Glossy and vice versa. That is why they make two kinds of displays.

Matte is not the same as anti-glare.

There are disadvantages to matte as well such as increased distortion and graininess, similar to AG coating but have different effects.

Glossy is like the plasma of monitors. They can reflect in bright sunny rooms but otherwise they produce the best image quality.
post #80 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post


The Dell U2713HM uses an 8 bit panel with less AG coating but it's still AG coating nonetheless. The Korean 27" S-IPS monitors will still have superior clarity and hence better perceived image quality.

And the U2713H does use a 10*bit panel...
Clarity is a very small part of image quality...

Your aversion to AG is just that, your's. Not all AG filters are the same either, the range of negative effects varies widely. Not everybody feels the same way about ag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Matte is not the same as anti-glare.

And what is it that you believe an anti--glare filter is? What exactly is the difference?
It produces a matte surface... Most anti-glare filters are nothing more than a matte (read rough) film fitted over the panel and then you have the chemical coatings used to cut reflections and produce a matte panel.
 
Cinema-Plex
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930k ASUS STRIX X99 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 DT Crucial Ballistix Sport 8*8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SanDisk Ultra II Pioneer DVR-218L Noctua D15 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 27UD58-B ASUS VH242H ASUS VW242 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1008 (Blues) EVGA SuperNova P2 1000w Thermaltake Core X9 White Logitech G700s 
AudioAudio
Sony MD7506 Logitech Z2300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1245v2 Gigabyte Sniper 3 Z77 EVGA GTX 950 FTW EVGA GTX 950 FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Samsung 256GB 830 Pro WD 5TB Green WD 5TB Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 5TB Red WD 5TB Red Seagate 1TB Constellation Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Vizio 43" M-Series 4k Logitec k830 EVGA SuperNova P2 850w 
CaseAudioAudio
Lian-Li P343b Denon AVRS500BT Klipsch front/centre/sub + Polk surrounds 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cinema-Plex
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930k ASUS STRIX X99 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 DT Crucial Ballistix Sport 8*8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SanDisk Ultra II Pioneer DVR-218L Noctua D15 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 27UD58-B ASUS VH242H ASUS VW242 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1008 (Blues) EVGA SuperNova P2 1000w Thermaltake Core X9 White Logitech G700s 
AudioAudio
Sony MD7506 Logitech Z2300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1245v2 Gigabyte Sniper 3 Z77 EVGA GTX 950 FTW EVGA GTX 950 FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Samsung 256GB 830 Pro WD 5TB Green WD 5TB Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 5TB Red WD 5TB Red Seagate 1TB Constellation Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Vizio 43" M-Series 4k Logitec k830 EVGA SuperNova P2 850w 
CaseAudioAudio
Lian-Li P343b Denon AVRS500BT Klipsch front/centre/sub + Polk surrounds 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Crossover 2730MD-P @ 125Hz 6ms / 30Q5 Pro @ 75Hz 5ms