Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › My near future build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My near future build - Page 2

post #11 of 37
It's pretty good, I wouldn't take the motherboard. I'd recommend getting a Z77 board from ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock or MSI. Your system isn't all that bad, with a Intel and a Z77 board, you'll be perfect.
post #12 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by smex View Post

take another board.. some asus for 100-120$.. and maybe.. rest looks ok

I wud say just stick with the Biostar he picked out because anything below $140 for Asus (excluding sales of course) isnt really worth in my opinion. It lacks some features that say an MSI board would have (even if MSI has crappy VRMs or watever).

Thread starter: Your current build is actually pretty good. I would think of upgrading to a 560ti or 660, 7870, 7850? something along those lines.

Also for thread starter, if you do change ur CPU, motherboard and stuff, I would say go with the 3570k only because it is newer tech. If you are willing to wait, you can always go for Haswell in Q2 of 2013 i think.......
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 GEN3 MSI HAWK GTX560ti G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 320 Series 80gb Western Digital Caviar Blue 640gb TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653R CoolerMaster Hyper212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster2233 Stock HP Seasonic x660 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 400r stock hp my desk :) on board (good enough dont know y people need s... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 GEN3 MSI HAWK GTX560ti G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 320 Series 80gb Western Digital Caviar Blue 640gb TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653R CoolerMaster Hyper212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster2233 Stock HP Seasonic x660 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 400r stock hp my desk :) on board (good enough dont know y people need s... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 072665995 View Post

I wud say just stick with the Biostar he picked out because anything below $140 for Asus (excluding sales of course) isnt really worth in my opinion. It lacks some features that say an MSI board would have (even if MSI has crappy VRMs or watever).
Thread starter: Your current build is actually pretty good. I would think of upgrading to a 560ti or 660, 7870, 7850? something along those lines.
Also for thread starter, if you do change ur CPU, motherboard and stuff, I would say go with the 3570k only because it is newer tech. If you are willing to wait, you can always go for Haswell in Q2 of 2013 i think.......
I bought my ASUS P8Z77 for $130 (it was cheaper when I bought it) and it works great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837
post #14 of 37
your rig is pretty good thumb.gif
buy the SSD + the GTX660 ti only in my opinion.
post #15 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post

Not only boot from Windows... Game loadings and speed at startup programs!

Hmmm..... Ok i start with that ! i buy crucial m4 128GB ssd or is some better for the buck? tongue.gif
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiaKsLV View Post

Hmmm..... Ok i start with that ! i buy crucial m4 128GB ssd or is some better for the buck? tongue.gif
How much are you buying the 128GB SSD for? You can get a 128GB SSD for ~$90-$100 brand new. If the one you're buying for is used and is at that price, you might as well just buy one that is new.

More info here between the two cards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTujzlj11I8
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/08/27/nvidia_geforce_gtx_660_ti_at_high_aa_settings_review/7
Edited by zephiK - 10/7/12 at 11:46am
post #17 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 072665995 View Post

I wud say just stick with the Biostar he picked out because anything below $140 for Asus (excluding sales of course) isnt really worth in my opinion. It lacks some features that say an MSI board would have (even if MSI has crappy VRMs or watever).
Thread starter: Your current build is actually pretty good. I would think of upgrading to a 560ti or 660, 7870, 7850? something along those lines.
Also for thread starter, if you do change ur CPU, motherboard and stuff, I would say go with the 3570k only because it is newer tech. If you are willing to wait, you can always go for Haswell in Q2 of 2013 i think.......

560ti is not better than HD 5870 but yes 660ti cn be better i guess but HD 7950 3GB is my future option biggrin.gif or something better in same price biggrin.gif

but Z77 board support Haswell? biggrin.gif
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiaKsLV View Post

560ti is not better than HD 5870 but yes 660ti cn be better i guess but HD 7950 3GB is my future option biggrin.gif or something better in same price biggrin.gif
but Z77 board support Haswell? biggrin.gif

you cant really beat the 7950 in bang for buck really. It is a beast card. Plus can OC the crap outta it.
And no Haswell will not support Z77. If i recall correctly, haswell uses a different socket type altogether (i think 1150)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 GEN3 MSI HAWK GTX560ti G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 320 Series 80gb Western Digital Caviar Blue 640gb TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653R CoolerMaster Hyper212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster2233 Stock HP Seasonic x660 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 400r stock hp my desk :) on board (good enough dont know y people need s... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 GEN3 MSI HAWK GTX560ti G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 320 Series 80gb Western Digital Caviar Blue 640gb TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653R CoolerMaster Hyper212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster2233 Stock HP Seasonic x660 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 400r stock hp my desk :) on board (good enough dont know y people need s... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post

How much are you buying the 128GB SSD for? You can get a 128GB SSD for ~$90-$100 brand new. If the one you're buying for is used and is at that price, you might as well just buy one that is new.
More info here between the two cards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTujzlj11I8
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/08/27/nvidia_geforce_gtx_660_ti_at_high_aa_settings_review/7

you think that v7? its only 9 times faster than HDD but m7 crucial is 21 faster

120$ for crucial m4 new you can advice another
post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 072665995 View Post

you cant really beat the 7950 in bang for buck really. It is a beast card. Plus can OC the crap outta it.
And no Haswell will not support Z77. If i recall correctly, haswell uses a different socket type altogether (i think 1150)

yes ibuy 7950 next month biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › My near future build