Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › my future build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my future build

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
hi guys im new here and i need some opinion from you guys about my build
and here it goes


CPU : Intel Core i7 3820
MB : ASUS Sabertooth X79
HDD : WD 1tb Caviar black
GPU : msi gtx 670 oc power edition
RAM : corsair vengeance 12800 16 gb (4x4gb) fourchannel
PSU : seasonic x760w
cooler : CM 212 EVO
cases : CM storm trooper

is it okay to buy the msi gtx670 pe for now? is true about the rumors that roaming about it's durability?
could you help me by giving comments about my build? im open to every suggestions thanks a lot biggrin.gif,

sorry if my english wasnt good
post #2 of 7
I like your build. I would also get an SSD like 128gb Samsung 830.thumb.gif

And for 670 is fine.
post #3 of 7
What is your budget? What is the primary use of the computer? Are you planning to do some overclocking?

CPU/Motherboard: You can easily switch to a i5/i7 Ivy Bridge + Z77 board and save a little money (Right now its $609 for your mobo/cpu whereas you can get i7-3770k + p8z77 for $459, even cheaper if you get a i5-3570k)
HDD: hard drive is fine, I recommend getting a 128GB ssd with it.
GPU: Is fine... MSI will still take care of the warranty. Just NVIDIA is upset that manufacturers are "overvolting" their cards to "ruin the GeForce experience" known for stability etc etc.
RAM: 8GB is more than sufficient, although I am still unaware of what purpose of your computer will be. But with 16GB RAM prices goign so cheap, I guess it would make sense to go with 16GB; try looking for a 2x4GB set?
PSU/Cooler/Case: Your preference.

... optionally, you can include a sound card in there. I prefer having sound cards, but that's just me. Many people will tell you that there is a difference in sound, some won't notice it. Ultimately, it's up to you -- you can decide to get this at a later point if you choose to so its not necessarily a item you have to get right away.
post #4 of 7
exact same question as zephiK, what do you plan on using your computer for? there is no use of getting a 300 dollar motherboard for something you could do with a z77 board and an i5 3570k.
The Black Box
(21 items)
 
Area 6
(10 items)
 
craptop (Rev III)
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X2 260 M2N68-AM Plus NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a G.skill 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
G.skill western digital velociraptor Western Digital Caviar SE microsoft windows vista 
PowerCase
antec 330w rosewill atx mid tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-50 30B0 Standard VGA Graphics Adapter g.skill 2x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD scorpio blue stock optical drive not good enough! windows 7 ultimate 
MonitorPower
it has mercury in it battery. 30 minutes of charge at most on light ... 
  hide details  
Reply
The Black Box
(21 items)
 
Area 6
(10 items)
 
craptop (Rev III)
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X2 260 M2N68-AM Plus NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a G.skill 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
G.skill western digital velociraptor Western Digital Caviar SE microsoft windows vista 
PowerCase
antec 330w rosewill atx mid tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-50 30B0 Standard VGA Graphics Adapter g.skill 2x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD scorpio blue stock optical drive not good enough! windows 7 ultimate 
MonitorPower
it has mercury in it battery. 30 minutes of charge at most on light ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post

What is your budget? What is the primary use of the computer? Are you planning to do some overclocking?
CPU/Motherboard: You can easily switch to a i5/i7 Ivy Bridge + Z77 board and save a little money (Right now its $609 for your mobo/cpu whereas you can get i7-3770k + p8z77 for $459, even cheaper if you get a i5-3570k)
HDD: hard drive is fine, I recommend getting a 128GB ssd with it.
GPU: Is fine... MSI will still take care of the warranty. Just NVIDIA is upset that manufacturers are "overvolting" their cards to "ruin the GeForce experience" known for stability etc etc.
RAM: 8GB is more than sufficient, although I am still unaware of what purpose of your computer will be. But with 16GB RAM prices goign so cheap, I guess it would make sense to go with 16GB; try looking for a 2x4GB set?
PSU/Cooler/Case: Your preference.
... optionally, you can include a sound card in there. I prefer having sound cards, but that's just me. Many people will tell you that there is a difference in sound, some won't notice it. Ultimately, it's up to you -- you can decide to get this at a later point if you choose to so its not necessarily a item you have to get right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolllll117 View Post

exact same question as zephiK, what do you plan on using your computer for? there is no use of getting a 300 dollar motherboard for something you could do with a z77 board and an i5 3570k.

imma use it for games, photoshop, office works, traktor pro and mild overclock in the future,i prefer x79 than z77 because some ppl said IB-E is going to use x79 platform so maybe i could upgrade it in the future.
what do you think guys? is it enough? oh yeah one more thing, is it going to be future proof for 3-5 years from now? CMIIW thanks biggrin.gif
post #6 of 7
Not sure if that processor will be future proof for that long, but you will at least have a solid upgrade path if you stay with 2011 sockets. I would also think about upgrading to an 850w supply or so in case you want to go sli gpu in the future. 750w just seems right about on the edge for that. Single gpu/cpu no problem though you actually might be able to shrink it down some if you don't ever plan on running sli. And as a few other people stated already, snag an SSD for a boot drive. Worth every penny.
Upgrade bug
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6800k Asus X99 Deluxe II MSI 980ti Gaming 6G MSI 980ti Gaming 6G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8) Samsung 850Evo Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Black 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 10 pro Asus PB287Q Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA 1300w G2 Corsair Air 540 steelseries sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrade bug
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6800k Asus X99 Deluxe II MSI 980ti Gaming 6G MSI 980ti Gaming 6G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8) Samsung 850Evo Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Black 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 10 pro Asus PB287Q Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA 1300w G2 Corsair Air 540 steelseries sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwerk View Post

Not sure if that processor will be future proof for that long, but you will at least have a solid upgrade path if you stay with 2011 sockets. I would also think about upgrading to an 850w supply or so in case you want to go sli gpu in the future. 750w just seems right about on the edge for that. Single gpu/cpu no problem though you actually might be able to shrink it down some if you don't ever plan on running sli. And as a few other people stated already, snag an SSD for a boot drive. Worth every penny.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion dude biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › my future build