Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › New Bios update for gigabyte HD7950 !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Bios update for gigabyte HD7950 ! - Page 62

post #611 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MkO611 View Post

Yea i just went thru looking the fourm and saw someone mention how to get that "grayed out" voltage to not be grayed out. I was using MSI Afterburner to OC and now i unlocked the voltage control in MSI AF settings and can mess with the voltages.

My initial going about to OC the card was: Get Afterburner, get Heaven. Have Heaven running while i keep moving the memory clock little by little till i get crashes or any weird issues. Same thing with memory clock. Am i doing it correct?

Right now my card is at 900/1250 @ 1.031v.
Try to go for 1000/1500 @ 1131mV and make sure you push the power to 20%.
post #612 of 1324
Was able to get 1100/1400 @ 1.144v. It hit 64C and i didnt want it to go above that. I might try to see if i can squeeze in some more tongue.gif
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k Asrock Extreme4 Z77 Gigabyte AMD 7950 WF3 Crucial Ballistix 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Some ASUS DVD Drive Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Home Preimum 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW246H Ducky Shine 2 SeaSonic X750  Cooler Master Strom Enforcer 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Resident Evil Mouse Pad Astro A40 Headsets Audioengine A2 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k Asrock Extreme4 Z77 Gigabyte AMD 7950 WF3 Crucial Ballistix 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Some ASUS DVD Drive Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Home Preimum 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW246H Ducky Shine 2 SeaSonic X750  Cooler Master Strom Enforcer 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Resident Evil Mouse Pad Astro A40 Headsets Audioengine A2 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #613 of 1324
anyone has FX1 using ???
post #614 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MkO611 View Post

Was able to get 1100/1400 @ 1.144v. It hit 64C and i didnt want it to go above that. I might try to see if i can squeeze in some more tongue.gif
Sweet tried your settings and it works slightly better. Lemme know if you manage to get higher thumb.gif
post #615 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi4168 View Post

what is the proper update for my FX0 WF3 7950 ?? saw your post today on anand but failed to understand.
I have a pair of hardware locked cards that originally came with FX0. I've been using F43 since i discovered thsi thread a month ago and the cards are running fine at 1050/1400 on the lower vCore of F43. Also, FX0 was very aggressive with the fans, F43 is much quieter.
BigBoy
(16 items)
 
C3PO
(8 items)
 
NAS
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA Geforce 780 GTX FTW Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX Sandisk Ultra II SDSSDHII-960G-G25 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS LG DVD+/-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 10 Home 64-bit Dell U2412m IPS (1920*1200) Viewsonic vx2025 LCD (1680*1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M (1986 baby!) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3210M Sony SVS13A190S Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE (unlocked to 650M) 8GB DDR3 PC10600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Sony Blu-Ray Windows 7 Home Sony 13.3" (1600*900) 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel G620 Gigabyte H77-D3H 8 GB DDR3 PC10600 Western Digital 3 TB Red 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD 30GB OE Intel HSF Windows 7 Home Premium CoolerMaster 420w 
Case
CoolerMaster Elite 343 
  hide details  
Reply
BigBoy
(16 items)
 
C3PO
(8 items)
 
NAS
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA Geforce 780 GTX FTW Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX Sandisk Ultra II SDSSDHII-960G-G25 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS LG DVD+/-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 10 Home 64-bit Dell U2412m IPS (1920*1200) Viewsonic vx2025 LCD (1680*1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M (1986 baby!) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3210M Sony SVS13A190S Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE (unlocked to 650M) 8GB DDR3 PC10600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Sony Blu-Ray Windows 7 Home Sony 13.3" (1600*900) 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel G620 Gigabyte H77-D3H 8 GB DDR3 PC10600 Western Digital 3 TB Red 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD 30GB OE Intel HSF Windows 7 Home Premium CoolerMaster 420w 
Case
CoolerMaster Elite 343 
  hide details  
Reply
post #616 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaks2 View Post

I have a pair of hardware locked cards that originally came with FX0. I've been using F43 since i discovered thsi thread a month ago and the cards are running fine at 1050/1400 on the lower vCore of F43. Also, FX0 was very aggressive with the fans, F43 is much quieter.

Whats the default voltage of F43 ?? and the clock is 900 right ?
post #617 of 1324
Depends on asics quality - mine is 1.094V.
Stock clock is 900/1250.
post #618 of 1324
I managed 1268/1683 at 1.25v. Because of my cards droop I was only delivering about 1.21v. Default bios, 64.8 asics.

3038f85c_1034web.jpeg

Heaven 4- 1080p, ultra, extreme tess, 8x AA.
Edited by RX7-2nr - 4/8/13 at 9:28pm
post #619 of 1324
Question for the gang here. I just purchased 2 Gigabyte 7950s. My Asic Score is 62.2% for my lower GPU and 69.5% for the GPU on top. I'm running into a huuge problem though... Current BIOS is FX1 I believe. Anwyays, I'm using the cards for bitcoin mining and that puts a lot of strain on the gpus, they're in a Coolermaster HAF 932 with a Rampage II Extreme. Unfortunately the two cards sit right on top of each other and this is giving me a lot of problems, the top GPU will run at 90C+ while the bottom GPU will run at 60C... This obviously causes a ton of artifacting from the Upper GPU and instability... I have them clocked @ 850mhz CPU and 1100mhz Memory, with -5% power, I still get tons of artifacting and it seems like the GPU uses too much Voltage(1.25V for top GPU and 1.169V for bottom GPU)

Is this a lost cause on air? It seems rather abnormal that the upper GPU would run so much hotter... I even switched them around with the same results, the Upper GPU ran hot while the lower ran cool which leads me to believe it's a cooling issue? Although I'm wondering if something else is at play, If I set the upper GPU to ~550Mhz it will still start to overheat very quickly and artifact...

Edit: I just took out the Bottom GPU, now the top GPU stays around 66C, but it artifacts like crazy at a clock of 900Mhz CPU and 1000Mhz GPU... Do I have a bad GPU??

EditEdit: So Confused, I packed up the GPU that was artifacting, and now the other GPU is artifacting as well... It wasn't doing that when it was mining solo in Crossfire.

Is it my Mobo/PSU??

More Edits: Updated the drivers from 13.1 to 13.3 Beta and the artifacts seem to have disappeared...
Edited by vdek - 4/8/13 at 10:06pm
post #620 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdek View Post

Question for the gang here. I just purchased 2 Gigabyte 7950s. My Asic Score is 62.2% for my lower GPU and 69.5% for the GPU on top. I'm running into a huuge problem though... Current BIOS is FX1 I believe. Anwyays, I'm using the cards for bitcoin mining and that puts a lot of strain on the gpus, they're in a Coolermaster HAF 932 with a Rampage II Extreme. Unfortunately the two cards sit right on top of each other and this is giving me a lot of problems, the top GPU will run at 90C+ while the bottom GPU will run at 60C... This obviously causes a ton of artifacting from the Upper GPU and instability... I have them clocked @ 850mhz CPU and 1100mhz Memory, with -5% power, I still get tons of artifacting and it seems like the GPU uses too much Voltage(1.25V for top GPU and 1.169V for bottom GPU)

Is this a lost cause on air? It seems rather abnormal that the upper GPU would run so much hotter... I even switched them around with the same results, the Upper GPU ran hot while the lower ran cool which leads me to believe it's a cooling issue? Although I'm wondering if something else is at play, If I set the upper GPU to ~550Mhz it will still start to overheat very quickly and artifact...

Edit: I just took out the Bottom GPU, now the top GPU stays around 66C, but it artifacts like crazy at a clock of 900Mhz CPU and 1000Mhz GPU... Do I have a bad GPU??

EditEdit: So Confused, I packed up the GPU that was artifacting, and now the other GPU is artifacting as well... It wasn't doing that when it was mining solo in Crossfire.

Is it my Mobo/PSU??

More Edits: Updated the drivers from 13.1 to 13.3 Beta and the artifacts seem to have disappeared...
I have 2 cards running on air in a Corsair 300R with 2 side-panel 140 mm fans blowing directly on the cards. Top card under mining load is 79-83 deg C, lower card is 65-70 deg C. In games the cards are significantly cooler (10-20 deg C lower)

It sounds to me like your top card might be a little wonky if it is artifacting at stock speeds...
BigBoy
(16 items)
 
C3PO
(8 items)
 
NAS
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA Geforce 780 GTX FTW Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX Sandisk Ultra II SDSSDHII-960G-G25 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS LG DVD+/-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 10 Home 64-bit Dell U2412m IPS (1920*1200) Viewsonic vx2025 LCD (1680*1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M (1986 baby!) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3210M Sony SVS13A190S Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE (unlocked to 650M) 8GB DDR3 PC10600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Sony Blu-Ray Windows 7 Home Sony 13.3" (1600*900) 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel G620 Gigabyte H77-D3H 8 GB DDR3 PC10600 Western Digital 3 TB Red 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD 30GB OE Intel HSF Windows 7 Home Premium CoolerMaster 420w 
Case
CoolerMaster Elite 343 
  hide details  
Reply
BigBoy
(16 items)
 
C3PO
(8 items)
 
NAS
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA Geforce 780 GTX FTW Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX Sandisk Ultra II SDSSDHII-960G-G25 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS LG DVD+/-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 10 Home 64-bit Dell U2412m IPS (1920*1200) Viewsonic vx2025 LCD (1680*1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M (1986 baby!) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3210M Sony SVS13A190S Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE (unlocked to 650M) 8GB DDR3 PC10600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Sony Blu-Ray Windows 7 Home Sony 13.3" (1600*900) 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel G620 Gigabyte H77-D3H 8 GB DDR3 PC10600 Western Digital 3 TB Red 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD 30GB OE Intel HSF Windows 7 Home Premium CoolerMaster 420w 
Case
CoolerMaster Elite 343 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › New Bios update for gigabyte HD7950 !