Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › New Bios update for gigabyte HD7950 !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Bios update for gigabyte HD7950 ! - Page 87

post #861 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnitro View Post

Could be the different powertune values for the fx and fy? I don't know.

I modded a higher default voltage fy fx ft bios. Instead of 1.056v boost default, it is 1.113v. Instead of 1v state 2, it is 1.031v.

Also PT is changed to 50 max to bypass throttling. I also did it for the 1.056v bioses.

Not sure if it still will be unlocked, because I am using a different step in the asic to voltage table.

Let me know how it goes.

robnitrogbunlockfx-fy-ft.zip 900k .zip file

GV-R795robnitro-unlockMOD1113mv.FX1 <<just now flashed it ran 3d mark 11 clock jumped between 900-1000 and voltage jumps between 1.031-1.25v.... 1.031v for 900Mhz 1.25 for 1000Mhz :/ why is it :/
Edited by xtreemeNoob - 6/10/13 at 1:35pm
MY_Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K Gigabyte z87x-UD3H Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Blue plextor m6 pro  Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung BX2035 Seasonic x650 KM3 Coolermaster mastercase pro 5 Logitech MX 518 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Speed Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
MY_Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K Gigabyte z87x-UD3H Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Blue plextor m6 pro  Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung BX2035 Seasonic x650 KM3 Coolermaster mastercase pro 5 Logitech MX 518 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Speed Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #862 of 1324
Yes, 1.031 at 900 mhz state 2... it only goes there when you have lower PT and the load is high.
I figured not every card can do 900 mhz at 1v.

For boost, the only next higher voltage I can do is 1.17v, its a bit high I think just to boot for 1 ghz. Below 1.11 there is a 1.063 but that may be too low for some.

I did this because I was concerned about people's issues with booting, let me know if you still can change the voltage though, test it out!


Yeah, Energy lower asic cards can go much higher with water cooling and such. My 66 or so asic card needed 1.22 v to be stable at 1100, this 76% card on 1.18, but doesn't like higher voltages or higher loads. Weird but I rather have less power usage.
post #863 of 1324
Hey xtremenoob, Did you set powertune to +50 ?

You need to do that to stop throttling!

I hate how ati default is such a low powertune.

Also, follow what they said how to use trixxx to unlock the voltage in this bios.

I don't know because I don't have a locked card so I can't test.
post #864 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnitro View Post

Yes, 1.031 at 900 mhz state 2... it only goes there when you have lower PT and the load is high.
I figured not every card can do 900 mhz at 1v.

For boost, the only next higher voltage I can do is 1.17v, its a bit high I think just to boot for 1 ghz. Below 1.11 there is a 1.063 but that may be too low for some.

I did this because I was concerned about people's issues with booting, let me know if you still can change the voltage though, test it out!


Yeah, Energy lower asic cards can go much higher with water cooling and such. My 66 or so asic card needed 1.22 v to be stable at 1100, this 76% card on 1.18, but doesn't like higher voltages or higher loads. Weird but I rather have less power usage.

Yup, i agree with you.
Been running OCCT for the last half hour, so far some errors how come up, but it's rock stable at 1120@1,169v with temps around 70-75c, no vdroop so far or is it just that the sensor is malfunctioning.
post #865 of 1324
If its stating exactly the voltage you set
example: set 1.225, says 1.225, then it's not real.
Right now I have a game minimized, clocks still at 1050, vrm volts says 1.12 (20% load), though I have it set to 1.138v. Never going to be exact, same with cpu overclocking. Sometimes cpu overclocking you can set a crazy LLC, so at idle it actually overvolts a bit to prevent voltage lag and vdroop.
post #866 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreemeNoob View Post

whats is your mother board and what was your original bios, mention your full rig otherwise people will find it difficult to help.

If it's the FT0 pic that you attached then robin already modded a FT0 try that.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1313813/new-bios-update-for-gigabyte-hd7950/790#post_20116758 >>pos t#796

Sorry - here's my rig:

Asus z77 Sabertooth motherboard
Intel i3770k CPU OC to 4.5GHz
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
Intel x-25 160GB SSD
Gigabyte HD7950 Graphics card version 2 (original bios FT0)
G.skills Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
Gigabyte Odin Pro 550W PSU

I will try the FT0 mod tonight. Thank you!
post #867 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnitro View Post

Hey xtremenoob, Did you set powertune to +50 ?

You need to do that to stop throttling!

I hate how ati default is such a low powertune.

Also, follow what they said how to use trixxx to unlock the voltage in this bios.

I don't know because I don't have a locked card so I can't test.

after restarting several times i guess it works ok, voltage at 1000MHz its 1.113v and It's unlocked I can increase more.

But my main purpose of flashing mod is not working i thought undervolting would decrease the temp by lot but it did nothing.

I have a feeling the shown voltage is a false value because stock gigabyte voltage was 1.25v @ 1000Mhz now i have 1.113v@1000Mhz still same temps frown.gif

EDIT

My findings so far


  • stock gigabyte FX0 = valley temps 66
  • stock gigabyte FX1 = valley temps 74
  • robintro modded 1113mv.FX1 = valley temps 66
  • robintro modded 1056mv.FX1 = valley temps 66


So the mods are currebtly useless for me even if the voltages are far low in the modded temps are still high, now I gone back to stock gigabyte Fx0 but unfortunately for some weird reason my valley and 3Dmark11 both score went lower frown.gifmad.gifdoh.gif
Edited by xtreemeNoob - 6/10/13 at 11:04pm
MY_Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K Gigabyte z87x-UD3H Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Blue plextor m6 pro  Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung BX2035 Seasonic x650 KM3 Coolermaster mastercase pro 5 Logitech MX 518 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Speed Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
MY_Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K Gigabyte z87x-UD3H Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Blue plextor m6 pro  Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung BX2035 Seasonic x650 KM3 Coolermaster mastercase pro 5 Logitech MX 518 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Speed Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #868 of 1324
hi, i successfully unlocked voltage in my wf3 7950 with the fx1 mod bios.

some questions:

how can i set trixx to remember power slide and oc configuration? It always set to default when i boot system. Options in settings tab doesn't seem to work.

power slide at 50%?? how can it be done? and voltage over 1.25? my trixx is blocked at max 1.25V.

thanks.
post #869 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreemeNoob View Post

after restarting several times i guess it works ok, voltage at 1000MHz its 1.113v and It's unlocked I can increase more.

But my main purpose of flashing mod is not working i thought undervolting would decrease the temp by lot but it did nothing.

I have a feeling the shown voltage is a false value because stock gigabyte voltage was 1.25v @ 1000Mhz now i have 1.113v@1000Mhz still same temps frown.gif

EDIT

My findings so far


  • stock gigabyte FX0 = valley temps 66
  • stock gigabyte FX1 = valley temps 74
  • robintro modded 1113mv.FX1 = valley temps 66
  • robintro modded 1056mv.FX1 = valley temps 66


So the mods are currebtly useless for me even if the voltages are far low in the modded temps are still high, now I gone back to stock gigabyte Fx0 but unfortunately for some weird reason my valley and 3Dmark11 both score went lower frown.gifmad.gifdoh.gif

Those temps, namely 66c are perfectly normal for your card, mine go even higher. Everything until 80c is perfectly safe.
How much lower was your 3dmark score? The score varies because of the card throttling. You should increase the Power limit to 50% to avoid throttling then the scores would be higher.
post #870 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixar View Post

hi, i successfully unlocked voltage in my wf3 7950 with the fx1 mod bios.

some questions:

how can i set trixx to remember power slide and oc configuration? It always set to default when i boot system. Options in settings tab doesn't seem to work.

power slide at 50%?? how can it be done? and voltage over 1.25? my trixx is blocked at max 1.25V.

thanks.

With Trixx, go into settings, tick the ''load on windows startup'', ''...and start minimized'', ''set clock on change'' then select your desired core/mem and core voltage, save it to a profile and restart.
You can only set the power slide to 50% in MSI AB after you have flashed the moded bios which supports it. I think 1.250v is max voltage for Trixx.
Here i'll attach my FX1 1000/1250 @ 1.13v with power set to 50%. I haven't tampered with the low clocks, only the boost voltage and power limit.
Few posts back i have attached the same one, only with the stock voltage slightly higher @1.169v if you want to try that one.
Both bioses are voltage unlocked.

EDIT

Some cards require ''force constant voltage'' to be ticked inside Trixx

FX1-2-PL50.zip 105k .zip file
Edited by EnErgy667 - 6/11/13 at 7:22am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › New Bios update for gigabyte HD7950 !