Winner: Rognin - Synthetic Anatomy
This Month's Nominees:
Constantine85 - Black Ice Black Ice Build Pics! (Click to show)Rognin - Synthetic Anatomy Synthetic Anatomy Build Pics! (Click to show)Inside Job - Green Fiend Green Fiend Build Pics! (Click to show)kaiqi07 - Project Rampage Project Rampage Build Pics! (Click to show)pm40elys40 - The Elysium Beast V2.4 Elysium Beast 2.4 Build Pics! (Click to show)yoson13 - Project 1-OFF Project 1-OFF Build Pics! (Click to show)
Welcome to OCN's Mod of the Month competition! This contest is open to all the members of Overclock.net; If you have a computer and you have taken time to make it awesome then you could win! Whether you are a pro case modder or a first time builder with a fresh idea, this contest is for you!
For past contests and winners, or to make a suggestion for future contests, click here.
Contest Rules! (Click to show)
- Competitors each month are selected by nomination
- Any member may nominate any other member's work
- A member may nominate their own work at any time
- If a member wishes to decline a nomination they may and it will not prevent them from entering again in the future
- If there are fewer than four nominations in any given month, those nominations will be rolled over to the next month's contest
- A nomination post should contain the name of the project, the name of the member, and a link to the thread.
- Nominations must be formatted like this: Username - Build name - Link to build
- Any build log is eligible so long as it meets the following criteria:
- It is posted by an Oveclock.net member
- Any build that is being done by a member for another person is considered to be the entry of the person performing the work
- If there is question over who the credit for a build should go to, the build should not be considered eligible for nomination
- In the event multiple members have worked on a project, the project should only be considered eligible if one of the members was clearly the primary contributor of both inspiration and work (this rule will be enforced by the honor of the members involved unless contested, in which case a staff member will consider the issue and post a decision)
- It is not posted on any other forums
- It is not a sponsored mod (as defined by the rules of the Sponsored Case Mods sub-forum)
- The mod is either in progress or recently completed
- If the mod is in progress, it must be substantially on its way to completion; meaning that voters must be able to gain a solid impression of the quality and aesthetic of the final product from the current state of the project
- There has been a new update to the build log within 3 months of the opening of nominations
- The build has not been entered in more than one previous MOTM
- What constitutes a "Mod" or "Build"
- Any computer that has water cooling, wire sleeving, custom paint, etc. regardless of how much is actually modified is allowed
- Contest rules are non-negotiable within each month's respective thread and should only be discussed within the main MOTM thread
- If you feel a nominee's build does not meet these criteria, vote for the mod that you think does meet the criteria.
- The winner will be selected by popular vote
- The eligible nominations will be put into a poll for other members to vote on
- It is up to each voter to determine what criteria they feel the nominees should be judged by, so long as they feel the one they select is the best.
- You must be a member of the site before the start of voting to vote. Any votes by members who joined after the start of voting will be removed from the poll.
- The prizes include:
- $50 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner each month
- A Mod of the Month badge for first place that links to the winning build log below each of the winner's posts
- Having the winning build log featured on the carousel on the site's home page for one month
- Some months may have additional prizes for second and third place winners with will be announced along with the open of each month's nominations
- Some months may have prizes for randomly selected members who offered nominations
- Professionalism Initiative
- Please be sure you have read the Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative and keep the following in mind when posting on the forum:
Quote:In order to maintain a professional, friendly atmosphere, at no time will drama, bashing, or other such activities be acceptable. Posts and threads falling under this category should be reported, and the posters will receive warnings or infractions. Keep things constructive and polite, and things will run very smoothly. "White" text is not allowed.
- Bashing of participants of MOTM (including other voters) is strictly prohibited, anyone breaking this rule will have their post reported to the forum moderation team.
- Unless your comment about a particular build, or the contest itself is constructive and contributes to the community, please refrain from posting it here.
- Nominations open on the 7th of each month
- Nominations close on the 27th day of the month
- Three days are allotted to compile the list of nominations and verify their eligibility. Nominees must respond to my PM within this time or they automatically decline nomination for that month.
- Poll is posted on the 1st of the next month month with a duration of 7 days
**Please keep in mind that this contest is maintained by users just like you, and that they have real-world issues they must attend to, just like you. Updates to the contest, as well as adhering to the above schedule is not always possible in a timely manner. Any issues with scheduling will be posted in these monthly threads by the case mod editors. If you need to contact someone in regards to the contest, please send a pm to either case mod editor, InitialDriveGTR or Shadow_Foxx**
Let the modding commence!!!