Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Wired] Copyright Scofflaws Beware: ISPs to Begin Monitoring Illicit File Sharing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Wired] Copyright Scofflaws Beware: ISPs to Begin Monitoring Illicit File Sharing - Page 27

post #261 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Do you know how incredibly stuck up you sound? People like you are a much bigger problem in today's society than pirating will ever be.
Rich guy #4958293 pretending he is above everyone around him. Actually, I forgot this is the internet. In reality, you are probably describing yourself. If anyone is thick headed and greedy, it is you. Not the other people in this thread.

That's insane. You just basically said rich people are a problem in the world...thumb.gif This is hilarious...

No, I'm NOT the owner of the firm, although my hope is to one day be rich. I make a tiny, tiny bit more than the average for my field (Information Technology) but yes, I do plan to be a millionaire one day.

The problem is not people like me; it's people who despise the people I try to emulate. They expect everything to be given to them: "gimme gimme gimme". It just blows my mind how people can possibly let themselves become such slaves. Work hard and make money isn't a bad thing; don't work and get money is.

---EDIT---

If I was rich, I certainly wouldn't be spending time posting here. I'd be running lines on yachts, taking vacations to Thailand to stock up on steroids, and having multiple sexual partners rather than living every day regretting the fact that I got married at 19 and knowing that my wife is going to get half of everything I've accumulated when we divorce. Trust me, I don't have it any easier than you do.
Edited by anAppleADay - 10/13/12 at 12:40pm
post #262 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post

the solution is simple DO NOT PIRATE!

The point is securing a wireless internet connection is impossible and for copyright holders and ISPs to be targeting people like this is wrong

Anyway, copyright infringement is illegal but may not always be immoral. What if I can't afford CS6 so illegally download it, then once I make enough money from work produced using the software to afford CS6 I purchase a legitimate copy? Because I initially obtained a free copy Adobe now ultimately end up with a sale they wouldn't have had otherwise, and probably a lot more sales when they release CS6.5/CS7 etc. Adobe get their money, their developers get to feed their families, I didn't end up stealing anything, and I now have enough money from my successful web design business to donate money to charities for dying children. Everyone's a winner
Mark II
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz Asus P8Z77-V 2x MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III OC in SLI 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
Mark II
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz Asus P8Z77-V 2x MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III OC in SLI 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by anAppleADay View Post

That's insane. You just basically said rich people are a problem in the world...thumb.gif This is hilarious...
No, I'm NOT the owner of the firm, although my hope is to one day be rich. I make a tiny, tiny bit more than the average for my field (Information Technology) but yes, I do plan to be a millionaire one day.
The problem is not people like me; it's people who despise the people I try to emulate. They expect everything to be given to them: "gimme gimme gimme". It just blows my mind how people can possibly let themselves become such slaves. Work hard and make money isn't a bad thing; don't work and get money is.
---EDIT---
If I was rich, I certainly wouldn't be spending time posting here. I'd be running lines on yachts, taking vacations to Thailand to stock up on steroids, and having multiple sexual partners rather than living every day regretting the fact that I got married at 19 and knowing that my wife is going to get half of everything I've accumulated when we divorce. Trust me, I don't have it any easier than you do.

Basically, you're saying the main reason for existence is to achieve a state where you may waste, plunder, and ravage the planet to your content?. The excess of the western society and its moral code is nothing short of neurotica. There is never a place in a logical world for a single individual to achieve wealth beyond a thousand of his brethren. How can one person be 28 and worth billions?. Any need for it?. Wouldn't he be happy with a little and the success of knowing he changed the world?. It's pretty sickening.

Also, people might get married because they generally improve each others lives. I'm not a huge fan of marriage in its religious sense, but sharing your life and helping somone with theirs tends to be a reasonably fulfilling experience. Some people, believe it or not, don't want to live like a modern day god, ever used cheats in a game?. Get's boring pretty fast. As long as I have enough for the few simple things i need to assist my life, I'm perfectly happy.
800D
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
800D
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #264 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSG View Post

Basically, you're saying the main reason for existence is to achieve a state where you may waste, plunder, and ravage the planet to your content?. The excess of the western society and its moral code is nothing short of neurotica. There is never a place in a logical world for a single individual to achieve wealth beyond a thousand of his brethren. How can one person be 28 and worth billions?. Any need for it?. Wouldn't he be happy with a little and the success of knowing he changed the world?. It's pretty sickening.
Also, people might get married because they generally improve each others lives. I'm not a huge fan of marriage in its religious sense, but sharing your life and helping somone with theirs tends to be a reasonably fulfilling experience. Some people, believe it or not, don't want to live like a modern day god, ever used cheats in a game?. Get's boring pretty fast. As long as I have enough for the few simple things i need to assist my life, I'm perfectly happy.

Being worth $28 billion is a sign of greatness achieved. You owe no one anything. People are way too entitled; they think they can just come and take anything they want. Look at the gays...they demand "equal rights" in the form of "special rights" (marriage). Look at the Muslim (no racist - my best friend and his entire family are Muslims and they're practically my family) EXTREMISTS who come into the country (in places like Detroit) and then ravage Christian meetings down town while promoting their own religion...they also won't stop till Sharia Law is implemented (with which I have no problem actually). A guy making $28 billion is a testament to mental fortitude, confidence, and an unstoppable will.

As for my morals...everyone is different...I seek materialistic gain, lust, and a host of other undesirable gains because I don't fear "Him", because I want to experience the ultimate life, and because there's really no one capable of preventing me from it. I've slept with my wife's step-sister, I've done lines at clubs, and all these things are experiences I want to continue having. It's not "neurotic", its simply a choice.
post #265 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by anAppleADay View Post

That's insane. You just basically said rich people are a problem in the world...thumb.gif This is hilarious...
No, I'm NOT the owner of the firm, although my hope is to one day be rich. I make a tiny, tiny bit more than the average for my field (Information Technology) but yes, I do plan to be a millionaire one day.
The problem is not people like me; it's people who despise the people I try to emulate. They expect everything to be given to them: "gimme gimme gimme". It just blows my mind how people can possibly let themselves become such slaves. Work hard and make money isn't a bad thing; don't work and get money is.
---EDIT---
If I was rich, I certainly wouldn't be spending time posting here. I'd be running lines on yachts, taking vacations to Thailand to stock up on steroids, and having multiple sexual partners rather than living every day regretting the fact that I got married at 19 and knowing that my wife is going to get half of everything I've accumulated when we divorce. Trust me, I don't have it any easier than you do.

Where did I say rich people are the problem of the world or anything close to that? I said rich people that think they are above everyone else are a problem in society. There are plenty of rich people that do not come across as stuck up and greedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anAppleADay View Post

Being worth $28 billion is a sign of greatness achieved.

If you say so. I bet most people worth that much look back on their life and think they wasted way too much time on work. I guess there's people that like working constantly, but I'd prefer to be average and have much more free time for fun or to spend time with friends/family.

Having more money does not mean the person achieved more in life. In my opinion, A father that worked his butt off working 2 jobs to raise 3 kids achieved more than a person that never married and made millions owning some large company. But hey, that's my opinion.
Quote:
As for my morals...everyone is different...I seek materialistic gain, lust, and a host of other undesirable gains

And you called people greedy in this thread. Really?

That is greed at it's peak.
Edited by Murlocke - 10/13/12 at 2:05pm
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #266 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodioxide View Post

The point is securing a wireless internet connection is impossible and for copyright holders and ISPs to be targeting people like this is wrong
Anyway, copyright infringement is illegal but may not always be immoral. What if I can't afford CS6 so illegally download it, then once I make enough money from work produced using the software to afford CS6 I purchase a legitimate copy? Because I initially obtained a free copy Adobe now ultimately end up with a sale they wouldn't have had otherwise, and probably a lot more sales when they release CS6.5/CS7 etc. Adobe get their money, their developers get to feed their families, I didn't end up stealing anything, and I now have enough money from my successful web design business to donate money to charities for dying children. Everyone's a winner

still wrong, what if I stole $50 from you to do whatever, and because I stole that $50 to do whatever I came back later and even gave you say $100 would you be happy about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anAppleADay View Post

Being worth $28 billion is a sign of greatness achieved. You owe no one anything. People are way too entitled; they think they can just come and take anything they want. Look at the gays...they demand "equal rights" in the form of "special rights" (marriage). Look at the Muslim (no racist - my best friend and his entire family are Muslims and they're practically my family) EXTREMISTS who come into the country (in places like Detroit) and then ravage Christian meetings down town while promoting their own religion...they also won't stop till Sharia Law is implemented (with which I have no problem actually). A guy making $28 billion is a testament to mental fortitude, confidence, and an unstoppable will.
As for my morals...everyone is different...I seek materialistic gain, lust, and a host of other undesirable gains because I don't fear "Him", because I want to experience the ultimate life, and because there's really no one capable of preventing me from it. I've slept with my wife's step-sister, I've done lines at clubs, and all these things are experiences I want to continue having. It's not "neurotic", its simply a choice.

So you hate poor people, abuse hard drugs have cheated on your wife and you are a racist. Not to mention you think it's funny when 150 or so people get laid off due to no fault of their own likely, What a winner!

I don't believe in god either but I sure know that karma is real and you are in for a hefty dose one day. Maybe you will wise up after you suffer some kind of great loss.
Edited by HardwareDecoder - 10/13/12 at 2:06pm
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #267 of 411

offtopic.gif What you guys are arguing about is totally irrelevant to the subject

post #268 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobhell View Post

offtopic.gif What you guys are arguing about is totally irrelevant to the subject

Debatable. Looking into the mind of someone that is so anti-piracy, that he's happy tons of people who worked at a company were be fired because their company used pirated software even though they probably weren't even aware. Then goes on to say that money is everything, he cheated on his wife, he used illegal drugs, etc. So basically, he's saying cheating on your wife and using illegal drugs is perfectly fine... but don't download that software illegally! rolleyes.gif If anything, the guy is giving a first hand look at how "thickheaded and greedy" most people are that support anti-piracy organizations.

It's greedy and hypocrisy at it's finest... and he can't even see it in himself. Prime example of how most of these organizations ruin families that can't afford to buy every form of entertainment just so they can buy a $500,000 car... because that $250,000 car just isn't good enough. Look at the people in these organization, and the people sueing pirates. They are driving cars worth more than most family's entire house and belongings. They don't understand what it's like to live life by the paycheck.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #269 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Debatable. Looking into the mind of someone that is so anti-piracy, that he's happy tons of people who worked at a company were be fired because their company used pirated software even though they probably weren't even aware. Then goes on to say that money is everything, he cheated on his wife, he used illegal drugs, etc. So basically, he's saying cheating on your wife and using illegal drugs is perfectly fine... but don't download that software illegally! rolleyes.gif If anything, the guy is giving a first hand look at how "thickheaded and greedy" most people are that support anti-piracy organizations.
It's greedy and hypocrisy at it's finest... and he can't even see it in himself. Prime example of how most of these organizations ruin families that can't afford to buy every form of entertainment just so they can buy a $500,000 car... because that $250,000 car just isn't good enough. Look at the people in these organization, and the people sueing pirates. They are driving cars worth more than most family's entire house and belongings.

That's what we call envy. What does driving a luxurious car have to do with the theft of products? I have no doubt you're a blue guy at heart, but not everyone is. I may have a 1% chance of every becoming that "1%"-er that you've been taught to hate, but I want to earn it and not be given it. Something about good old fashioned hard work reaping rewards is what I've been after, not "sitting on my ass eating cheetos and sipping Mountain Dew" and complaining about how life "isn't fair" because when you read my post above, you'll realize life ISN'T FAIR but you can still make something of yourself if you're NOT LAZY.

The rich are usually hard working and have luck/intelligence/personality to become rich. The middle class is usually hard working but lacks the luck/intelligence/personality to become rich. The poor are usually not hard working and severely lack in intelligence and personality while also not having much luck.
post #270 of 411
I dont see why threads with people defending piracy are not locked when discussing illegal activities is frowned upon by OCN.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Wired] Copyright Scofflaws Beware: ISPs to Begin Monitoring Illicit File Sharing