Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i5 3570K 4.5GHz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i5 3570K 4.5GHz - Page 3

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casterina View Post

Is Dyanmic VCore the same as offset voltage? When I raise the offset voltage, I still keep Turbo on as LLC? Also how do I know if offset voltage is enough for the chip?

Yes they are the SAME. To set the offset / dynamic vcore ensure that you have found a stable overclock. Test stability by running Prime95 on blend for 24 hours. Yes, 24 HOURS. Load line calibration should be on turbo or on extreme either or should work but you will need to find what is stable and what is not. On turbo, it droops a little and on extreme you get almost what you set. I'm talking of core voltage.

Also ensure that vcore voltage response is set to fast. You shouldn't have to touch anything else other than LLC and vcore voltage response. Once you've found your stable overclock then enable turbo and manually set each turbo clock to the desired value (e.g. 42, 43, 46, etc.) and enable C1E and EIST but leave C3/C6 disabled (Can also be enabled but you'll have to test stability with it enabled/disabled). To enable dynamic vcore you'll have to set CPU Vcore to normal by putting/typing in "nor" and then enter. This will unlock dynamic vcore. But before you set an offset you'll need to find your offset. You do that by putting a load on your CPU and find your VID. VID can be found via AIDA64 or via Realtemp. Take your fixed voltage and subtract your VID; the difference is your offset. Keep in mind, you may have to adjust your offset a little as simply subtracting the fixed and VID isn't absolute. Good luck thumb.gif
post #22 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Yes they are the SAME. To set the offset / dynamic vcore ensure that you have found a stable overclock. Test stability by running Prime95 on blend for 24 hours. Yes, 24 HOURS. Load line calibration should be on turbo or on extreme either or should work but you will need to find what is stable and what is not. On turbo, it droops a little and on extreme you get almost what you set. I'm talking of core voltage.
I'll stress test the CPU using Prime95 blend test to check if I've found the correct stable overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Also ensure that vcore voltage response is set to fast. You shouldn't have to touch anything else other than LLC and vcore voltage response.
I'll change VCore Voltage Response to Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Once you've found your stable overclock then enable turbo and manually set each turbo clock to the desired value (e.g. 42, 43, 46, etc.) and enable C1E and EIST but leave C3/C6 disabled (Can also be enabled but you'll have to test stability with it enabled/disabled).
What does manually set each turbo clock to desired value do? Also what does C1E and EIST do and where can I C1E in BIOS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

To enable dynamic vcore you'll have to set CPU Vcore to normal by putting/typing in "nor" and then enter. This will unlock dynamic vcore. But before you set an offset you'll need to find your offset. You do that by putting a load on your CPU and find your VID. VID can be found via AIDA64 or via Realtemp. Take your fixed voltage and subtract your VID; the difference is your offset. Keep in mind, you may have to adjust your offset a little as simply subtracting the fixed and VID isn't absolute. Good luck thumb.gif
So I stress test the CPU using Prime95 to find the VID? How do I find my fixed voltage? So when I subtract my fixed voltage and VID, I'll get the offset but that offset number is around the point so I've to play around with it?
post #23 of 33
you can take a look at mine post here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1239993/official-gigabyte-z77x-owners-discussion-information-support-thread-and-club-ud5h-ud3h-d3h-and-all/3800_100


I'm sure it will help you.

edit:Just be aware that some cpus do need more volts than others. As long the temps are 80c max, you are fine.

Edit2: i have more than 1 post on that page that can help you. smile.gif


EDIT3: Yeah i know, alot of stuff to say............After finding your stable vcore , check the Event viewer and look for Windows logs, System tab.
If you see any WHEA errors in that list you should add 0.005v more to the cpu.
Edited by chris-br - 10/11/12 at 8:54am
post #24 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-br View Post

you can take a look at mine post here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1239993/official-gigabyte-z77x-owners-discussion-information-support-thread-and-club-ud5h-ud3h-d3h-and-all/3800_100
I'm sure it will help you.
edit:Just be aware that some cpus do need more volts than others. As long the temps are 80c max, you are fine.
Edit2: i have more than 1 post on that page that can help you. smile.gif
EDIT3: Yeah i know, alot of stuff to say............After finding your stable vcore , check the Event viewer and look for Windows logs, System tab.
If you see any WHEA errors in that list you should add 0.005v more to the cpu.
I'll have a look at it, also still need help with the questions above please
post #25 of 33
No experience with your MB BIOS so I can't help but so far your temps are looking great. I run way less voltage for 4.5 GHZ (1.13-1.15) for stable 4.5GHZ with my 3570k.

Once you get it stable I want to see your temps.


Do you have Windows 7 SP1?
Edited by SonDa5 - 10/11/12 at 1:57pm
B.K.T.
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
De-Lidded direct die mount Intel i7-4790k No IHS ASUS Z97 WS Sapphire HD7950 OC 950mhz Edition Sapphire HD7950 Vapor X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 2400mhz CL9  Samsung 840 caviar black Hitachi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ AGILITY 4 LG 16x BD burner DT Sniper CPU block Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ 79X0 Ni-Bl  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech pump 655 Alphacool NexXxos UT 60 420mm 3x140mm Bgears 1800 RPM fans in pull on radiator Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T SS 6gv2 Seasonic Platinum 860 Silverstone Raven RV02-BW 
MouseMouseMouse PadAudio
Steel Series sensei Steel Series sensei SS Experience I-2, SS 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD900 
  hide details  
Reply
B.K.T.
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
De-Lidded direct die mount Intel i7-4790k No IHS ASUS Z97 WS Sapphire HD7950 OC 950mhz Edition Sapphire HD7950 Vapor X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 2400mhz CL9  Samsung 840 caviar black Hitachi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ AGILITY 4 LG 16x BD burner DT Sniper CPU block Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ 79X0 Ni-Bl  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech pump 655 Alphacool NexXxos UT 60 420mm 3x140mm Bgears 1800 RPM fans in pull on radiator Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T SS 6gv2 Seasonic Platinum 860 Silverstone Raven RV02-BW 
MouseMouseMouse PadAudio
Steel Series sensei Steel Series sensei SS Experience I-2, SS 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDa5 View Post

No experience with your MB BIOS so I can't help but so far your temps are looking great. I run way less voltage for 4.5 GHZ (1.3-1.5) for stable 4.5GHZ with my 3570k.
Once you get it stable I want to see your temps.
Do you have Windows 7 SP1?
I'll post final results temps and voltage and I've Windows 7 SP1 installed
post #27 of 33
Thread Starter 
Can someone help with the questions above please
post #28 of 33
I highly recommend you read this guide http://www.overclock.net/t/1247413/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-with-ln2-guide-at-the-end. It has taught me a great deal thumb.gif
post #29 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

I highly recommend you read this guide http://www.overclock.net/t/1247413/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-with-ln2-guide-at-the-end. It has taught me a great deal thumb.gif
I've read through the guide before but still need few questions to be answered above and I'm all set
post #30 of 33
Thread Starter 
Bruennis can you help me with the above questions please as I've read through the guide but still not sure on few things before I can make my overclock stable with low voltage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i5 3570K 4.5GHz