Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCMag] Logitech's Windows 8 Peripherals Touch Down
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCMag] Logitech's Windows 8 Peripherals Touch Down - Page 7

post #61 of 128
My post was a demostration of how vague Grizzly's response was, as he seemed to be personifying me to someone else he has a personal issue with online.

Back on topic, I was refering more to the popular with average users, not technical people as it is perceived we are not the majority. However, if history has taught us anything, it was the average user that had to go thru the change from xp to vista when buying oems or new desktops as that is what was loaded, and that was for both new UI, driver compatibility and stability.

I'd like to think that we technical users have at least a say as we are the ones that deploy, administer, update, troubleshoot and recommend new windows OS's when they come out. To say otherwise that our opinion is insignificant is rather shortsighted.
Boinzy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acer GN246HL Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acer GN246HL Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 128
LOL,

For PC...

Does the Demo on a tablet.

Mentions laptops several times.

Don't want more hardware for Windows 8. Not when I shouldn't need any features or short cuts.

Finally, lol "Start screen" Yeah, Metro. Dress up a pig and all that, it's still a pig.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 128
This video was lol. There's no reason to buy this hardware for Windows 8 and it's stupid they have to market hardware for them for it.... These would be really nice to use anyway without Windows 8. And even better on a Win 8 RT tablet... but I shouldn't need additional hardware to make Windows 8 easier on a desktop PC, when really a "Disable Metro" button would do just as well. On a Desktop PC, all you really need is the AppStore at a minimum. There is zero need for Metro.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

*shakes head*
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/01/windows_8_survey/
http://www.overclock.net/t/1238259/poll-will-you-buy-windows-8/600_40
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/01/windows_8_survey/
I see you didn't feel the need to apologize or address the other points I address to you specifically regarding my posts. And here's where you come in and pick apart my sources......

So your reply to me stating how your belief that people who visit tech websites does not equal the "majority" of Windows users.....

Is to site polls that obviously encompass mostly people who visit tech websites?

Sure.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 128
inb4applesue

They don't look too bad actually. I have been managing fine with a normal keyboard and mouse so I don't think I am going to buy any of those.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFrost View Post

These devices look ok, but you can already do all of that in Windows 8 using keyboard shortcuts.
The metro new UI / Windows 8 really isn't bad once you learn the different keyboard shortcuts. You don't need hardware made for Windows 8 to use it.
If these devices help people learn how to use the new UI than that's a good thing. smile.gif
This. All this.
I just made the switch to Windows 8 on the basis that my Win7 install corrupted itself. Never going back. The changes? Microsoft was spot-on. They know how we use our PCs. I'm honestly getting far more usability and productivity out of Windows 8. My adoption of the new Metro-style apps is definitely slow (might have to do with there being not a lot of them) but they're not entirely useless or even in the way and the desktop interface is neither useless nor less productive than in previous Windows versions.

The people who are complaining that Windows 8 is not worth jumping onto because of the UI should try the experience - and not just once, but on a regular basis, for a few days.
Edited by xd_1771 - 10/10/12 at 3:47pm
post #67 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

So your reply to me stating how your belief that people who visit tech websites does not equal the "majority" of Windows users.....
Is to site polls that obviously encompass mostly people who visit tech websites?
Sure.

Like I said, here's the part where you pick apart the sources. But by all means, if i'm trial and to provide evidence, should you be too?

Or is your argument about how the average user loves windows 8 based solely on personal experience?
Boinzy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acer GN246HL Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acer GN246HL Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post

This. All this.
I just made the switch to Windows 8 on the basis that my Win7 install corrupted itself. Never going back. The changes? Microsoft was spot-on. They know how we use our PCs. I'm honestly getting far more usability and productivity out of Windows 8. My adoption of the new Metro-style apps is definitely slow (might have to do with there being not a lot of them) but they're not entirely useless or even in the way.
The people who are complaining that Windows 8 is not worth jumping onto because of the UI should try the experience - and not just once, but on a regular basis, for a few days.

I will actually agree with you and I didn't mention this but I became way more productive in Windows 8 as well. It's really shortcut based and having my applications in groups like that is ultra useful (I don't like filling the taskbar and I haven't used the desktop shortcuts for some years now). I like how I can keep everything nice, clean and minimal with the new UI.

I use my "apps" for the simple things, like music, emailing, checking the weather and various simple stuff and the desktop for my main work.

There is only one thing that is missing for me and it would make me very happy...being able to run multiple desktop applications from the start menu by selecting them (with right click) and then just pressing the "Run multiple apps" button at the bottom. That would be so sweet.
post #69 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post

This. All this.
I just made the switch to Windows 8 on the basis that my Win7 install corrupted itself. Never going back. The changes? Microsoft was spot-on. They know how we use our PCs. I'm honestly getting far more usability and productivity out of Windows 8. My adoption of the new Metro-style apps is definitely slow (might have to do with there being not a lot of them) but they're not entirely useless or even in the way and the desktop interface is neither useless nor less productive than in previous Windows versions.
The people who are complaining that Windows 8 is not worth jumping onto because of the UI should try the experience - and not just once, but on a regular basis, for a few days.


So you just assume that people have not tried it for weeks and gone back because they just don't like w8. I tired all versions, the rtm for a few weeks, and am back on 7 and not leaving it for 8 again. rolleyes.gif

Other than faster boot and shutdown I didn't see any difference that meant anything to me in a positive way. Saw some I really didn't like though. wink.gif
post #70 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooRules View Post

So you just assume that people have not tried it for weeks and gone back because they just don't like w8. I tired all versions, the rtm for a few weeks, and am back on 7 and not leaving it for 8 again. rolleyes.gif
Other than faster boot and shutdown I didn't see any difference that meant anything to me in a positive way. Saw some I really didn't like though. wink.gif

And that's fine.

The point is, the majority of haters haven't even given Windows 8 and the new UI a chance. Many approach it with the desire to find flaws and hate it, and of course they're going to hate it after 15 minutes. These haters will uninstall it immediately, and spread hate everywhere on the internet and to anyone who would listen. On the other hand, if you approach it with the intention of getting to know it, then chances are you might like it, or at worst be indifferent about it. There have been many instances of this on OCN alone.

For those that really dislike the UI for whatever reason after giving it a fair chance, there's Classic Shell for those that want the back-end enhancements with the older UI.
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCMag] Logitech's Windows 8 Peripherals Touch Down