Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [SOLVED] 7950 Fan dying, or 7950 dying?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[SOLVED] 7950 Fan dying, or 7950 dying? - Page 3

post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post

Boom, new cooler, she works amazing, and my idle temps are in the 20's now! Holy crap! Thanks guys for easing me into it, solved!
wnPJo.jpg

That's the reference powercolor 7950 right? If so, I'll be buying that cooler for my own GPU (as I don't trust the Kuhler 620 on my GPU, not after all the problems nocturin had), and wanted to know how it fits.

Also, how much longer does it make the card? That GPU looks a good inch+ longer
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRod View Post

That's the reference powercolor 7950 right? If so, I'll be buying that cooler for my own GPU (as I don't trust the Kuhler 620 on my GPU, not after all the problems nocturin had), and wanted to know how it fits.
Also, how much longer does it make the card? That GPU looks a good inch+ longer

It indeed is the reference, it's a solid inch+ longer, fits fine in my full tower, but I can see it being a problem in a smaller one.

It's a bit of a pain to get on, and the epoxy didn't hold on some of the less-important chips that I put it on, but overall once you get it on it's a solid amazing cooler, literally NEVER above 45c even during benchmarks, that's with a hefty overclock, idles in the 25-27c area, literally worth more than the $80 I paid, I'd pay $100 easy after seeing how great it is.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post

It indeed is the reference, it's a solid inch+ longer, fits fine in my full tower, but I can see it being a problem in a smaller one.
It's a bit of a pain to get on, and the epoxy didn't hold on some of the less-important chips that I put it on, but overall once you get it on it's a solid amazing cooler, literally NEVER above 45c even during benchmarks, that's with a hefty overclock, idles in the 25-27c area, literally worth more than the $80 I paid, I'd pay $100 easy after seeing how great it is.

Yeah.... I may need to remove a HD cage to get it to fit lol (I'd figure it out somehow, I'm determined to get that cooler).

WOW, I looked up a review on the cooler, that thing makes the card at about an inch and 3/4th longer haha..... it'd better keep my card extremely cool.

Last question (hopefully haha), how do the VRM temps look? I know that the accelero coolers sometimes have VRM temp problems, and I'd like to know how yours run under extreme voltage (determined to break 1.3GHz, and my own card needs 1.225v for 1.26GHz).
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRod View Post

Yeah.... I may need to remove a HD cage to get it to fit lol (I'd figure it out somehow, I'm determined to get that cooler).
WOW, I looked up a review on the cooler, that thing makes the card at about an inch and 3/4th longer haha..... it'd better keep my card extremely cool.
Last question (hopefully haha), how do the VRM temps look? I know that the accelero coolers sometimes have VRM temp problems, and I'd like to know how yours run under extreme voltage (determined to break 1.3GHz, and my own card needs 1.225v for 1.26GHz).

Here's my VRM idle..
cXTLj.png



And here's after a benchmark..
V2Ift.png


I'll upload another picture after a good solid heavy play of BF3 to get a better real-world temp idea, but as you can see, pretty damn nice IMO. This is with my volt at 1.050, stock is .950, 1000 core, 1575 mem. Max temp ever recorded is 45c during a benchmark. Going to try Fur.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post

Here's my VRM idle..
cXTLj.png
And here's after a benchmark..
V2Ift.png
I'll upload another picture after a good solid heavy play of BF3 to get a better real-world temp idea, but as you can see, pretty damn nice IMO. This is with my volt at 1.050, stock is .950, 1000 core, 1575 mem. Max temp ever recorded is 45c during a benchmark. Going to try Fur.

NICE. That means my VRM's probably won't break 60c at voltage needed for 1.3GHz.

Time to grab the money to order this cooler. smile.gif
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRod View Post

NICE. That means my VRM's probably won't break 60c at voltage needed for 1.3GHz.
Time to grab the money to order this cooler. smile.gif

Unless you're doing an extreme stress-test, like Fur for 15+, you shouldn't see them above 60c often, if ever. Furmark is the only thing that pushed my card, and even then nothing ever got above 50c.

It's so worth it, I can't stress enough, good luck! thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [SOLVED] 7950 Fan dying, or 7950 dying?