Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Deathadder 4G
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Razer Deathadder 4G - Page 22

post #211 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

6400 DPI, 200 IPS, 50G accel. $69.99 USD
Price point is interesting.
It is no surprise that the price is more. They tend to do that when they release new stuff. Get more profit off the people who will want it no matter what. It pays for the new mold and sensor changes etc. So they don't really lose out on the money spent.

I bought a Zowie EC2/1 in white and going to get a Zowie AM-FG. I said I would buy one if the price was not high, but it is. So I don't know if I should get the new Deathadder especially since new releases have issues and cost more.

So it does have this "calibration" I thought it would. To me (didn't spend to much time looking at it) it looked like the lens and the LED were changed for this to be the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMunro View Post

No blue LED's? Did I miss something? There is no mention of customizable LED's either. How can they do this? I can't buy a green mouse...
Doesn't the blue light harm your eyes? I'm glad they rid the Deathadder of that. I may like red or white light better.


It is funny how a lot of the things I said I didn't like and could be changed in the Deathadder is in their marketing statement on their product description. Seems like they hired someone new...
post #212 of 565
I don't think you understood what I was implying about pricing, but lets leave it at that.

A special LED and lens aren't required for "calibration". Both items looked very basic coming from standard 3090 package (ignoring clip). In fact, one would expect a radical change in lens design, but it seems they rather jerry rig what looks to be a 2220-001 model. Hence, why I "disagree" with those claims.
Edited by Skylit - 11/21/12 at 1:50am
post #213 of 565
Imagine this new optical in the Razer Taipan. Would be the clearest Ace they could pull out of their sleeves the upcoming months.

The Taipanshape has so much Potential and a excellent Construction, but only needs the right Sensor.
post #214 of 565
I don't know, I still think we have to test it before saying this sensor is perfect.
post #215 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post

Imagine this new optical in the Razer Taipan. Would be the clearest Ace they could pull out of their sleeves the upcoming months.
The Taipanshape has so much Potential and a excellent Construction, but only needs the right Sensor.

A viable option I thought about quite some time ago, though Razer would be quite limited on pricing structure.

Your guess is as good as anyone's. ^^ Razer has been all over the place lately.
post #216 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

I don't think you understood what I was implying about pricing, but lets leave it at that.
A special LED and lens aren't required for "calibration". Both items looked very basic coming from standard 3090 package. In fact, one would expect a radical change in lens design, but it seems they rather jerry rig what looks to be a 2220-001 model. Hence, why I "disagree" with those claims.

What's your view of the new boosted 6400DPI - is it forced or have they improved something to achieve that? How is the tracking performance of the sensor affected?
post #217 of 565
I wonder whatd its native cpi settings
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
post #218 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinbun View Post

What's your view of the new boosted 6400DPI - is it forced or have they improved something to achieve that? How is the tracking performance of the sensor affected?

Can't say, though I don't see Razer screwing up on a basic level. Can only see a couple potential issues if anything.

Note that lift off adjustment isn't listed for marketing/web design. Not really an issue, but I thought I'd point that out.
post #219 of 565
Very tempted to return my DA:BE and get one of these, even though it will require Synapse, and doesn't have the DPI buttons that were on the leaked model.
I'm also finding that the wheel on my DA:BE is far worse than my original model, it's a lot looser, which will prevent it from squeaking as my original one did, but it's also far easier to scroll an extra notch accidentally, which I do at least a few times a day now.

It's too bad that they didn't just update the internals of the Black Edition and the Left-Handed editions at the same time, as I much prefer how the Black Edition looks to the regular DeathAdder, and am also in the market for a left-handed mouse, and the left-handed is an old design now. (horrible glossy finish, translucent scroll wheel, and blue LEDs)


I'm surprised that there is anyone here that actually wants blue LEDs in their mouse. They're the worst thing to happen to consumer electronics in the last ten years. But I also prefer to have no LEDs on anything, unless they actually serve a purpose.

LEDs to tell you if a device is on standby? Useful, but I would prefer them to be optional.
LEDs to tell you a device (particularly a display) is turned on? Pointless if there is another indicator of it being on. (like being able to see an image on the display)
LEDs on computer hardware for no good reason? Horrible.

It's particularly bad, because it means I will probably have to install Synapse to at least disable the LED on this mouse, assuming it defaults to 1800 DPI & 500Hz as the other DeathAdders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Note that lift off adjustment isn't listed for marketing/web design.
6400 DPI doesn't excite me, but the 200 IPS/s and 50G acceleration at all DPI settings, along with surface calibration is very exciting. We may finally have a modern mouse that won't malfunction at 400 DPI. (I can get any of the 3090 mice to malfunction at 400, and even 800 on some)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post

Imagine this new optical in the Razer Taipan. Would be the clearest Ace they could pull out of their sleeves the upcoming months.
While I've never used the Taipan, the shape does look pretty nice for an Ambidextrous mouse. I'm still undecided about whether I want an ambidextrous mouse or a left-handed mouse for my left hand. Ambidextrous mice do tend to cause me pain in my right after a while, so I guess ergonomic would be better.
post #220 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAgain View Post

Very tempted to return my DA:BE and get one of these, even though it will require Synapse, and doesn't have the DPI buttons that were on the leaked model.
I'm also finding that the wheel on my DA:BE is far worse than my original model, it's a lot looser, which will prevent it from squeaking as my original one did, but it's also far easier to scroll an extra notch accidentally, which I do at least a few times a day now.
It's too bad that they didn't just update the internals of the Black Edition and the Left-Handed editions at the same time, as I much prefer how the Black Edition looks to the regular DeathAdder, and am also in the market for a left-handed mouse, and the left-handed is an old design now. (horrible glossy finish, translucent scroll wheel, and blue LEDs)
I'm surprised that there is anyone here that actually wants blue LEDs in their mouse. They're the worst thing to happen to consumer electronics in the last ten years. But I also prefer to have no LEDs on anything, unless they actually serve a purpose.
LEDs to tell you if a device is on standby? Useful, but I would prefer them to be optional.
LEDs to tell you a device (particularly a display) is turned on? Pointless if there is another indicator of it being on. (like being able to see an image on the display)
LEDs on computer hardware for no good reason? Horrible.
It's particularly bad, because it means I will probably have to install Synapse to at least disable the LED on this mouse, assuming it defaults to 1800 DPI & 500Hz as the other DeathAdders.
6400 DPI doesn't excite me, but the 200 IPS/s and 50G acceleration at all DPI settings, along with surface calibration is very exciting. We may finally have a modern mouse that won't malfunction at 400 DPI. (I can get any of the 3090 mice to malfunction at 400, and even 800 on some)
While I've never used the Taipan, the shape does look pretty nice for an Ambidextrous mouse. I'm still undecided about whether I want an ambidextrous mouse or a left-handed mouse for my left hand. Ambidextrous mice do tend to cause me pain in my right after a while, so I guess ergonomic would be better.
Dont the deathaadder 3.5g work fine at 450 dpi I though the malfaction speed was increased
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Deathadder 4G