Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Deathadder 4G
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Razer Deathadder 4G - Page 43

post #421 of 565
I'm having the spazzing problem too frown.gif

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
post #422 of 565
what do you mean by spaze movements like your mouse cursor looking straight up in the air or something?
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
post #423 of 565
Themanbeast, have you tried this method?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAgain View Post

If I set the lift-off distance to 10 before performing calibration though, it is able to calibrate the bad surface properly, and tracks perfectly after calibration.
I would suggest either calibrating on another surface first if you can (the artisan pads are known to be bad for optical mice) and then set the lift-off distance to 10.
post #424 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

Because that real life info is used for warranty purposes.

Never had to enter any information for my warranty, then I live in sweden so.

Also, what can they even do with your personal information, anyone can get a random adress anywhere on the internet and order stuff there etc.
Anything personal takes like 5 min to find online, so still doubt everything about it.
post #425 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmiller0015 View Post

what do you mean by spaze movements like your mouse cursor looking straight up in the air or something?

That's exactly what I'm describing. I'll be playing (CS:GO is my game of choice) and my crosshair will swing straight to the ground on even medium movements. For reference, I play at 0.3 sensitivity at 1800 dpi.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glymbol View Post

Themanbeast, have you tried this method?

Yep, I tried that with both pads, as well as completely resetting the mice themselves and trying them uncalibrated. Uncalibrated works a little better IMO, but both ways exhibit the problem on both of my talents.

I have a stealth as well, so I am going to give that a shot tonight and see if that will make a difference - but for my uses the 4g, as is, is a no go. The stealth doesn't have enough real estate to work with, even if the mouse does perform with it.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700k ASRock Z77E-ITX GTX 680 8GB Patriot Intel Masters 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Vertex4 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT lolno H100 push/pull (silverstone air penetrators) Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Blackwidow ultimate 2013 Corsair HX650 Bitfenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5g Puretrak Talent white Astro A40 w/ Mixamp 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700k ASRock Z77E-ITX GTX 680 8GB Patriot Intel Masters 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Vertex4 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT lolno H100 push/pull (silverstone air penetrators) Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Blackwidow ultimate 2013 Corsair HX650 Bitfenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5g Puretrak Talent white Astro A40 w/ Mixamp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #426 of 565
Am I better off ordering one from Razer while it's backordered or should I wait for somewhere like Amazon?
Skylake
(6 items)
 
My System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.6 Asus Maximus Ranger VIII MSI GTX 970 2x8 G.Skill Ripjaw V 
Hard DriveMouse
850 EVO 250g Logitech G403WL/G Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5 MSI P67A-GD65 MSI GTX 660 Ti 2x4 G.Skill Ripjaw X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2420T CoolerMaster Quick Fire Corsair 600 
CaseMouse
Lian-Li Logitech G402/G302 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(6 items)
 
My System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.6 Asus Maximus Ranger VIII MSI GTX 970 2x8 G.Skill Ripjaw V 
Hard DriveMouse
850 EVO 250g Logitech G403WL/G Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5 MSI P67A-GD65 MSI GTX 660 Ti 2x4 G.Skill Ripjaw X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2420T CoolerMaster Quick Fire Corsair 600 
CaseMouse
Lian-Li Logitech G402/G302 
  hide details  
Reply
post #427 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanbeast View Post

That's exactly what I'm describing. I'll be playing (CS:GO is my game of choice) and my crosshair will swing straight to the ground on even medium movements. For reference, I play at 0.3 sensitivity at 1800 dpi.
Yep, I tried that with both pads, as well as completely resetting the mice themselves and trying them uncalibrated. Uncalibrated works a little better IMO, but both ways exhibit the problem on both of my talents.
I have a stealth as well, so I am going to give that a shot tonight and see if that will make a difference - but for my uses the 4g, as is, is a no go. The stealth doesn't have enough real estate to work with, even if the mouse does perform with it.
That definitely sounds like the sensor malfunctioning if that's happening. White pads do tend to reduce the speed required to cause an optical mouse to malfunction considerably, but I've had no problems using mine on the speed side of my old Razer Pro Pad, which is a smooth white surface that other mice struggle with. (including the DeathAdder 3.5G and ADNS 3090 mice)

A couple of other things I can think to try:
1. It sounds stupid, but maybe try the calibration process (set LoD to 10, then calibrate) in the dark? It's unlikely, but with the DeathAdder using infrared LEDs, and white pads being very reflective, sunlight or a lamp could potentially interfere.
2. After performing the calibration, set lift-off distance to the maximum. While the calibration process should set things correctly for a LoD of 2, perhaps that surface requires it to be set higher. I don't know how the LoD adjustment works, but I suspect it may just be changing the brightness of the LED, so setting LoD to 10 may not actually raise it that much.
3. Try 600 DPI at 1.0 sens instead of 1800x0.3 (synapse lets you assign a profile to your game)

If the new DeathAdder 2013 sensor can't track on it though, I would be surprised if you can use any other optical mouse with that surface.
Edited by NotAgain - 12/7/12 at 12:07pm
post #428 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAgain View Post

That definitely sounds like the sensor malfunctioning if that's happening. White pads do tend to reduce the speed required to cause an optical mouse to malfunction considerably, but I've had no problems using mine on the speed side of my old Razer Pro Pad, which is a smooth white surface that other mice struggle with. (including the DeathAdder 3.5G and ADNS 3090 mice)
A couple of other things I can think to try:
1. It sounds stupid, but maybe try the calibration process (set LoD to 10, then calibrate) in the dark? It's unlikely, but with the DeathAdder using infrared LEDs, and white pads being very reflective, sunlight or a lamp could potentially interfere.
2. After performing the calibration, set lift-off distance to the maximum. While the calibration process should set things correctly for a LoD of 2, perhaps that surface requires it to be set higher. I don't know how the LoD adjustment works, but I suspect it may just be changing the brightness of the LED, so setting LoD to 10 may not actually raise it that much.
3. Try 600 DPI at 1.0 sens instead of 1800x0.3 (synapse lets you assign a profile to your game)
If the new DeathAdder 2013 sensor can't track on it though, I would be surprised if you can use any other optical mouse with that surface.

I'm thinking I had to have somehow gotten two bad ones, as there are quite a few people reporting that it works fine. The issue is present on my white talent, my regular blue talent, and now my stealth.

My 3.5g performs fine on all of those. I also have a spawn and g400 handy, and while the spawn does not like the white talent much either, it tracks on the other two pretty well. The g400 works fine on all 3.

I think mine have an issue, because according to the DA 2013 review thread, the mouse has a rather high default LOD - neither of mine have a high lod at all, in fact I'd say the LOD is about the same as the Zowie AM I used to use. I noticed this on both mice before any calibration.

*EDIT* Just happened in game while I was not really moving. o.O I wonder if it's a driver conflict, I had setpoint on here before I installed synapse, for my G700. I'll try uninstalling it and seeing what happens.
Edited by Themanbeast - 12/7/12 at 1:06pm
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700k ASRock Z77E-ITX GTX 680 8GB Patriot Intel Masters 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Vertex4 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT lolno H100 push/pull (silverstone air penetrators) Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Blackwidow ultimate 2013 Corsair HX650 Bitfenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5g Puretrak Talent white Astro A40 w/ Mixamp 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700k ASRock Z77E-ITX GTX 680 8GB Patriot Intel Masters 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Vertex4 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT lolno H100 push/pull (silverstone air penetrators) Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Blackwidow ultimate 2013 Corsair HX650 Bitfenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5g Puretrak Talent white Astro A40 w/ Mixamp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #429 of 565
I also experienced sensor multifunction while playing TF2 and Quakeworld (ezquake client). QcK Heavy was used.

I never installed any drivers for this mouse because 1800dpi/500hz is perfect for me. The Win7 install is only 5 days old on a brand new Samsung 830 SSD so I don't think my PC is causing this.

As others mentioned the LOD is very low on DA 2013 so perhaps my slightly dusty QcK is the problem.
Edited by trhead - 12/8/12 at 10:37am
post #430 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanbeast View Post


*EDIT* Just happened in game while I was not really moving. o.O I wonder if it's a driver conflict, I had setpoint on here before I installed synapse, for my G700. I'll try uninstalling it and seeing what happens.

Definitely not. I have no drivers on a new win 7 install and it happened 3 times in like 2 hours. In my case I end up looking at the floor while playing smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Deathadder 4G