Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Business Insider] Analyst: "Windows 8 Expectations Plummet"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Business Insider] Analyst: "Windows 8 Expectations Plummet" - Page 14

post #131 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

And like I said, I was speaking from a media standpoint regarding the negative/apprehensive tone of many windows 8 software/hardware articles.
Whether it actually is or is not an underdog is not my point.
Its better for it to release well as a product that doesn't have unrealistic hype around it because over hype hardly ever does any good in the long run.

And yet Call of duty mw 2, black ops 2, battlefield 3 all had hype. But according to you, they were great products because they were popular ("hyped"), regardless of what some "internet guys" state.
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

And yet Call of duty mw 2, black ops 2, battlefield 3 all had hype. But according to you, they were great products because they were popular ("hyped"), regardless of what some "internet guys" state.

What? No he's saying that rather Windows 8 not be hyped up because when products get hyped they are more likely to disappoint.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #133 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

What? No he's saying that rather Windows 8 not be hyped up because when products get hyped they are more likely to disappoint.

Makes sense. But hype is marketing, marketing helps sell. You'd think Microsoft would advertise their new OS more.
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #134 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SectorNine50 View Post

Most the people in this thread that are chiming in about Windows 8 are people that have actually used the OS for an extended period of time.
It's not for everyone, which has become increasingly apparent.
Yea, a few might have used it for a week or so. But in all honesty there are a few people in these Windows 8 threads that hold a grudge against Windows 8. I mean if you don't like something about anything at all sure let it out. But there are a few here that like to voice their opinions over and over like a broken record. In attempts to portray this hatred of Windows 8 not meeting up to their exceptions, so they trying to bring everyone else down with it. Windows 8 is a OS specifically designed to install on your laptop in about ten minutes, and be super fast and super secure. Which Microsoft delivered in both of them departments. Sure Microsoft kinda did give Windows 8 the wrong image by saying its great for your desktop too. In which cases it is, it installs and runs fast and fluid. I am some what more productive with Windows 8 then I am with Windows 7 in general computer programming, game development, and other massive multitasking workloads. You have to bend your head around the fact that there is a new UI. The problem is most people cant accept change, they don't like change. And that's fine because Windows 7 will most likely see its second service pack in the next year to include IE10 and all updates in between now and then. Which will add even more security to the Windows 7 OS. With solid state drives being extremely affordable these days, and extremely popular among the computer market. Almost every enthusiast for that matter has one, or is trying to get their hands on one. With one it doesn't matter what OS you run, even installing Windows 7 is cut down from 30 minutes to about 10. And loading Windows and doing tasking is so fast you can barely notice any difference between which OS your using. Tho if you want superior security on your laptop, Windows 8 is extremely acceptable. Use what you use, that's all there is to it. Just don't come in here and constantly jumping off the wall with remarks like "Windows 8 is terrible because of Metro". Not pointing the finger at you or anyone else, im just saying for the record. Where I come from its about being happy with what you got. It could be worse, you could be sitting with sand in the crack of your rear end drawing on rocks.
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
Linux Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 450 Biostar A880GZ PowerColor HD 4650 DDR3 4GB Samsung MV-3V2G3/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB (Pending) ASUS DRW-24B1ST Stock Windows 8 Enterprise x64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Classic 200 300w Hipro a1410n HP 1000 DPI 
Mouse PadAudio
Standard Realtek ALC662 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Sempron 3000+ ASUS A7V8X-LA VIA KM400A 2GB DDR 333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Samsung Writemaster Stock ASUS Ubuntu 12.04 
PowerCase
Hipro 250W SR1500NX 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
Linux Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 450 Biostar A880GZ PowerColor HD 4650 DDR3 4GB Samsung MV-3V2G3/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB (Pending) ASUS DRW-24B1ST Stock Windows 8 Enterprise x64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Classic 200 300w Hipro a1410n HP 1000 DPI 
Mouse PadAudio
Standard Realtek ALC662 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Sempron 3000+ ASUS A7V8X-LA VIA KM400A 2GB DDR 333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Samsung Writemaster Stock ASUS Ubuntu 12.04 
PowerCase
Hipro 250W SR1500NX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #135 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Start was in Windows since Windows 95.
I'd say the butthurt guys are the ones who like it and don't understand why others don't.

What is your point exactly? Have you forgotten it?

You said:
Quote:
...you've always had a chocie with Windows. Diodn't like the new XP start menu? use the classic...

You're confusing themes with menus... You've always been forced to use the "Start" menu in every prior version of Windows, so how does this denote "choice" as an implication that Windows 8 is any more restricted then 95, 98, 2k, XP, Vista, or 7...

At least have valid criticisms if you're going to reiterate your opinion. I have a few already and yet they haven't prevented me from using 8 extensively for 3 months now.
Edited by BizzareRide - 10/18/12 at 4:35pm
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Business Insider] Analyst: "Windows 8 Expectations Plummet"