Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Reddit will not ban 'distasteful' content, chief executive says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BBC] Reddit will not ban 'distasteful' content, chief executive says - Page 5

post #41 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3machi7ke View Post

Right, so I see your point for a person that has their own private shopping mall, their own private grocery store, and their own private gym, so they can get everything that needs to be done done while in the privacy of their own home. How about the rest of us who have to go out in public to work out, to try on/buy clothes, to buy groceries, to go to work? I don't care if it's a guy or a girl, and I don't care of they're naked or not, doing this to people is an invasion of their privacy. What is my wife supposed to do in the middle of summer while we're out for a jog, put on two or three sweatshirts to hide her boobs because some donk gets his jollies off taking pictures of women jogging? That's f***ing ridiculous. Just because you're out in public does not mean your "open" to this kind of thing, that's insane. So basically, it's OUR fault for taking a jog (because we live in a 900 sq ft condo and can't jog inside our manision), it's OUR fault for going out to buy groceries, it's OUR fault *insert whatever the hell you want here*.
Is it illegal? No. Do I believe it SHOULD be illegal? No I do not. Do I believe that websites and every day people should have the decency to keep their nose the hell out my personal/private life and not post pictures of me or my wife all over the internet because it's "their right to free speech"? Abso-f'king-lutely I do. It's not your right to free speech, it's your blatant invasion of my privacy, and people that cry "censorship" are full of crap.
What? You really don't see my point. I just think you shouldn't be bothered if someone is at home getting off to pictures of your wife or even of you. so, basically, it's your fault for giving a damn.
If you're in public it is unavoidable that people are going to look at you, it's not too much different for someone to record that. Even if they're a total deviant.
post #42 of 92
Freedom, got to love it , too bad so many people want to take it away in the name of security :\
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K P8Z68-V Pro ASUS HD 6950 2GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
2x1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64bit G110 Antec EA-750 
CaseMouse
CM 690 II Advance(Nvidia Edition) G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K P8Z68-V Pro ASUS HD 6950 2GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
2x1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64bit G110 Antec EA-750 
CaseMouse
CM 690 II Advance(Nvidia Edition) G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

What? No, but if a famous person is abroad banging prostitutes behind their wives backs why shouldn't they be named, shamed and toss out of the public eye? You lose all rights to do whatever the hell you want when you become a public person.

I agree with you if they are in public doing the things you mention, but in private its none of our business(Even if he's cheating on his wife)
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

What? No, but if a famous person is abroad banging prostitutes behind their wives backs why shouldn't they be named, shamed and toss out of the public eye? You lose all rights to do whatever the hell you want when you become a public person.
Just because they're famous does not mean they need to be publicly shamed. There's no reason for public shaming anyways, except for feeding your sadistic desire to see people punished.

If a man is cheating on his wife, that's a problem between him and his wife. Also, it doesn't necessarily make him evil. There could be plenty of marital issues... massive can of worms you'd have to open and it simply is not your business.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeles View Post

Just because they're famous does not mean they need to be publicly shamed. There's no reason for public shaming anyways, except for feeding your sadistic desire to see people punished.
If a man is cheating on his wife, that's a problem between him and his wife. Also, it doesn't necessarily make him evil. There could be plenty of marital issues... massive can of worms you'd have to open and it simply is not your business.

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time we disagree smile.gif
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 92
Yeah, but Homeles is right in this case.
post #47 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintMouse View Post

Yeah, but Homeles is right in this case.

yup.
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here's a random photo i took while walking down the road, I fail see to the issue of taking it.


You realize there's no one's likeness in that pic? Good pic too btw. The issue arises in any work product when there's someones face in it.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

You realize there's no one's likeness in that pic? Good pic too btw. The issue arises in any work product when there's someones face in it.
I could have gotten their faces, but alas it's a photo in a public place and therefore no issue.
post #50 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

You realize there's no one's likeness in that pic? Good pic too btw. The issue arises in any work product when there's someones face in it.
I could have gotten there faces.

That's not the point, but if you did then if you ever published the photo you'd have to get the pics signed/released you know as a photographer?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Reddit will not ban 'distasteful' content, chief executive says