Overclock.net banner

I love new drivers so much look.

1K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Norz 
#1 ·
Wow the new Tweaksrus driver came out and i got a overclock from
510/1305 TO 537-1316 Thats amazing.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am still wondering how people can get higher OCs with different drivers...

#6 ·
I am guessing the reason is what you say, Enterprise.
I just don't overclock through drivers, though.

(Off-topic: Yay for Firefox' new spellcheck, it doesn't even know "overclock")

#8 ·
I believe different drivers do things different ways; not just in software, but they affect what goes on within the GPU. If some feature generates excessive heat, or works from a weak part of the GPU...heavily utilizing that feature will limit your overclock.

Just a guess though.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX View Post

That is because "overclock" is not a word in the English language
It's considered slang, or more accurately, jargon. It's listed as such in some dictionaries.

MS Word spell check does not like it either.

#13 ·
I got a noticeable increase in my OC when I started using the Ztweaked 91.47 drivers:
http://forums.thezproject.org/index.php?showtopic=1441

I went from 670/1400 --> 690/1500 just by changing the drivers from forceware to Ztweaked. Modded drivers are the way to go.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooFAST4YOU View Post
Wow the new Tweaksrus driver came out and i got a overclock from
510/1305 TO 537-1316 Thats amazing.

Ben?

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
That is because "overclock" is not a word in the English language
It's considered slang, or more accurately, jargon. It's listed as such in some dictionaries.

MS Word spell check does not like it either.
Most used word in the English Language that isn't listed in dictionaries, so I've heard [Probably from a nerd. Probably incorrect. Good thought though.]
~Kahuna

#18 ·
Y'all need to downgrade. 84.56's FTW! No, really. Check them out.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92 View Post
You need to update, Im on 93.71's
92.91's are the best of the series so far, unless you go all the way to the 96.xx's

93.71 was the worst driver of the 9x.xx series so far, there's a comparison of all them on XG's website.

EDIT: Here's the comparison: http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?o...=662&Itemid=43
XG 92.91's are best performers, XG 93.71's have better image quality, but less performance.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam144
View Post

Well, some people report better overclocks with new BIOS versions, which is basically a driver for the whole computer.. is it not?

I tried a few different bios for my 7900GTO,the card come with .09 bios,switched to .15 bios......not good at all. Also tried a @GTX bios,dont remember what version,did not see any increase in performance so i switched back to stock .09 bios. The GTO is in some way a downclocked @GTX with a little different ram 1,1ns on the GTO and 140mhz lower clock on the ram.

Got my DD Mace4 on it with Swiftech copper ramcoolers,clocks to @GTX 700/1600 and beyond so i will leave the bios alone for now, its a little risky flashing the bios anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.