Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Nature] Planet found in closest neighbour system Alpha Centauri.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Nature] Planet found in closest neighbour system Alpha Centauri. - Page 15

post #141 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

What are you talking about? Subjecting myself and anyone else in this thread who has suggested they read what you linked to this ridiculous accusation of 'NO YOU DIDN'T', in an effort to somehow boost your belief on the topic you linked is incredibly hilarious. It's one thing to have an open mind and a whole other thing to try and submit to people that what the choose not to believe is subsequently 'wrong'. Way-to-go!
I certainly did read it with no aspiration what so ever to re-read it again.
Let me supply you with another notion the befalls the same rhetoric but with a more valid theory. And it is without any fraction of a doubt much more believable than your very screwball conversation with an alien named 'Bob'.
The planets as we know them are not as they seem. The '9' (referring to pre-dwarf planet Pluto days) planets as you see and know them are in fact a reflection of the same cosmic planet. What what you believe is Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and of course Pluto, are actually the same planet as Earth. It's just that you see them in differing times of their life. Mercury is as it was in the beginning, and Venus is just a little longer away, and so on and so on. Jupiter is as it will be after several collisions. The largest collision is actually what destroyed the 'Moon' creating the 'Asteroid Belt' in that time frame, just beyond Mars. Mars is what Earth will be as soon as we scrub all the life from it. From there another large collision with a yet unknown body entering the solar system will collide with Mars and create a mass spinning reminiscent of the early days of our star providing the required energy for Jupiter to take it's form in that period. And then it will see minor collisions creating the 'moons' of 'Saturn' as it actually turns into Saturn, then Uranus, then Neptune, and finally a cold dead rock - Pluto .... or Eris. Not quite sure which one is Earth at that point.
This process takes millions of eons but what we see as time from our viewpoint is actually skewed due to distortions from dark matter (a substance totally similar to mass yet counter-balancing mass in an equally opposite way) and what will be known as Cosmic-Quantic-Massless-Matter, or what is referred to as 'dark energy' today.
So really - what you see in the sky is just a distortion of time. You already know what the planet was like when it was close to the Sun and now you'll know what it'll be like in a few eons. That 'Bob' character is totally bogus, unlike my claim. Which is totally legit.
And if you believe yourself to offer a 'choice' on the topic, you're rather poor avocation that people must 'believe' it and get the conveyed 'message' is little more than what cults operate on. C'mon dude. Just c'mon. Have an open mind. Just don't push what you believe is 'true'.

First off nice straw man argument. Let me conjure up something completely off topic and off basis (and for the most part somewhat inaccurate) to prove my point (a point that is actually never achieved anywhere in your rebuttal); other than. "You are wrong, I'm right Blah Blah Blah, Scientific Method, Blah Blah Blah here's some random theories that stand no ground and are completely out of context Blah Blah Blah." Seriously, more matter with less art.

Secondly, your beliefs are flawed because there is evidence that proves otherwise. For instance regarding the Asteroid Belt and the Moon. There was once a planet called Tiamat that lied between Mars and Jupiter. Sumerian texts say that Tiamat was struck by another large planet, that moved it into its present orbit, and also created the the Asteroid Belt and Earth's Moon. The planet known as Marduk or to the Sumerians, "Nibiru" came into the solar system on its 3,600 year clockwise elliptical course, and struck Tiamat which was moving in its ordained counterclockwise orbit. One of Marduk's satellites struck Tiamat first, followed by two more of Marduk's moons. Then Marduk itself, struck Tiamat, smashing one half of the planet into pieces, which became what the Sumerians called the Great Band (the Asteroid Belt).

Thirdly, your same planet theory you do realize is merely a theory and not a fact. You do realize all of science is compromised of theories, not facts. They are never definite and always are changing. So much that groups oppose each other within the science community. Like physics and quantum physics.

Lastly, your ideas above are in no way shape or farm more or less bogus than the "Bob" character. You need to stop and really think about that for a moment. According to traditional science even, some of your ideas are pretty outlandish. Making you a hypocrite. Now personally, I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with what you are saying; but what I am saying is, cant you see how another person might point the finger at something you may believe as true as untrue. Then how are you going to feel after you've studied many similar topics and what you have said makes more sense to you because you have a more complete understanding of it. To the other person they may have a contradictory understanding of it, which is why they may see it as untrue. However you still nevertheless like to make the claim that it's "totally legit." You have no idea whether "Bob" is legit or not either. All you know is based on what you know, you automatically reject whatever it is in Conversations with Aliens On Line because it just doesn't make a connection to your understanding of things; especially while you continue to read it in the back of your head you are saying "no, no, no, no no." There's something about the information within there that just doesn't seem to meld with your concepts on reality and your understanding of the Universe or how it works. That doesn't necessarily make it not legit. It just means your understanding is much simpler than the many other hundreds of people who thoroughly enjoyed reading it and understood it. There are many different concepts presented in there, and for someone to not believe any of it, IMO proves that that person is completely shut off to anything outside of ordinary thought. That person will never be able to expand their consciousness and their understanding of life because they will immediately be closed off to anything that is not "normal" to them. Problem is sanity is not statistical. So what one person may believe is normal, the other might think is abnormal; even if there are more people saying that one thing is not normal while there is only one person saying it is completely normal. It doesn't necessarily make that person crazy, or the idea not normal. It just means that their minds have been developed differently from their external surroundings and from what they have learned through time.

I'm sorry you could not make a connection with that piece of writing, and I'm sorry a few others couldn't either. I'm not here to promote this piece of writing in a cult like fashion. I'm just trying to see if you can at least give it a chance (and based on the past, almost everyone who has actually given it a chance has thoroughly enjoyed it; saying it was beautiful). Problem is, once somebody has made their decision on something, it tends to be too late for it to change and it seems we have already arrived at that point. Whether you did read it or didn't read it, I don't care. I'm just sorry it hasn't impacted your life the same way it has impacted many others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniflex View Post

The problem with open mind is that other people try to put stuff in it wink.gif
On a more serious note arguing with true believers is pointless. They disregard any kind of evidence staring back at them and just harp the same story again and again. Which is quite substantial contrast to a scientific world view where you reassess your model if new evidence surfaces hinting that its not entirely correct. As far as aliens go, their existence is quite probable (see, for example, Drake Formula for an educated guess), however what is highly unlikely is them lurking around among us and telling select few nutcases their secret stories about Atlantis n stuff - far higher probability is, that the guy hearing these secret stories has some mental problem which he/she interprets as "alien voices telling him/her secrets" - older times these were angels/daemons/elfs, nowadays mostly "aliens".

So you believe in the Drake Equation, but you don't think these beings (which could be an innumerable amount because of the Drake Equation) have made their presence here on Earth. Even though many ancient texts and documents prove that they have been here visiting since the dawn of man. Since they have been visiting since the beginning of time; what would make them suddenly stop? Also, my favorite part, anyone who possibly makes contact with these beings is mentally unstable...

If that isn't the definition of ignorance then I don't know what else to say.

The second you claimed that ancient texts were proof of aliens, you lost what little credibility you had remaining.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakravant View Post

That is kind of the nature of science. Science is wrong. Science will always be wrong. The goal of science is to be less wrong more often.

That being said, we're pretty close to being right. Physics doesn't seem to be too far off from unifying all of the physical forces (gravitational, electromagnetic, strong nuclear and weak nuclear) under one principle which would govern basically all physical interactions. I would make a totally uneducated wager that in most of our lifetimes, we will know for sure if the current theories are feasible as a total model of the universe or if we are way off the mark, but much of our current science is so well tested that it is almost impossible for much of it to be wrong.

The embarrassing part is that we can only observe less than 10% of the matter in the universe. We have no clue what to think of the other 90+%
Fractal Fury
(9 items)
 
TJ08-e Reborn!
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k ASRock X99m Killer AMD Radeon Fury X G-Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
Kingston Hyper-X Predator M.2 Corsair H100i GTX Ducky Shine III (MX Blue) EVGA Supernova 750 G2 
Case
Fractal Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
Fractal Fury
(9 items)
 
TJ08-e Reborn!
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k ASRock X99m Killer AMD Radeon Fury X G-Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
Kingston Hyper-X Predator M.2 Corsair H100i GTX Ducky Shine III (MX Blue) EVGA Supernova 750 G2 
Case
Fractal Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 197
Rog Assassin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair V Formula 990FX PNY 560ti OC2 G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial M4 64GB SSD Windows 8 Pro x64 VIZIO 42" LCD 1080p Coolermaster GX650 
Case
NZXT Phantom White 
  hide details  
Reply
Rog Assassin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair V Formula 990FX PNY 560ti OC2 G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial M4 64GB SSD Windows 8 Pro x64 VIZIO 42" LCD 1080p Coolermaster GX650 
Case
NZXT Phantom White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

So... You say they haven't stopped (assuming they started to begin with), but they haven't made their presence widely known, sticking instead to out-of-focus photographs, inconclusive videos, etc., like Bigfoot and Nessy. Except they're apparently greatly ahead of us in technology, so they could make their presence be known if they wanted, or they could remain unseen if they wanted. So you're saying they WANT to only be seen by a couple people. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Also they can't have been visiting since the beginning of time. There weren't even atoms at the beginning of time.

They have made their presence known in the past, and it has been well-documented. They wont make their presence now knowing a civilization isn't ready. Obviously the beginning of time was a bit of hyperbole, but by no means would I discount Macrocosmic beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

Would you disagree that most "alien/supernatural" encounters are the result of either mental instability or drugs/lack of sleep/stress? If not, why would you choose to believe the story of someone you don't know? Rather, why believe someone else's questionable belief that something is true?
Being able to accept something as true is not the same as being eager to accept something as true enough to overlook it's inconsistencies. The whole "I'm an alien beyond your comprehension" routine is just too easy. Beyond that, a selective individual-based contact pattern is counter-productive because those that speak about their experience will be discredited, and the ones after that will be even more reluctant to believe after that.
If there are aliens monitoring Earth, are they using the Internet? Almost assuredly, it's the greatest source of social information in the history of the planet. Are they using the internet as a means of "deniable contact"? No, because of the very reason it'd be "deniable contact"- it's long since been established that the internet is not a medium where information should be believed at face value. You want those who you contact to believe and have the ability to sway others, not have reason to question themselves if they got pranked.

Firstly this is an incredibly generic and stale way too look at it. To thoroughly understand this comparison you would have to have excessive amounts of drug knowledge particularly researching Dimethyltryptamine and Psilocybin Cubensis mushrooms, especially endogenous Dimethyltryptamine production. This is because when you study endogenous DMT production you come to find that the amount of DMT levels in the brain are the equivalent of a reality thermostat. Depending on how much DMT you have in your brain, depends on what "dimension" you are currently in. The sober state of mind being the medium between this reality and perhaps being able to access other realities from having more DMT in your brain. This however is another topic that would take hours to explain to someone who doesn't have enough background knowledge of the subject to make the ideas understandable. There is a connection though with many DMT experiences and Alien Abductions. They are almost paramount. However I would disagree with the vast majority of documented cases of abductions being merely mental instability. Also the many documented cases of UFO sightings is almost impossible to deny at this point. Especially with Military personnel coming out saying that they have seen UFO's, particularly the Air Force.

Deniable contact is required because it means that the people who are listening to the deniable contact story, aren't ready for undeniable contact if they choose to not believe the person's deniable contact story. A selective individual based contact pattern is not counter productive after an excessive amount of persons have been contacted. A domino effect ensues where people begin talking about it enough that it spreads to the point where world-wide contact is possible. If you don't understand the reasoning for deniable contact, then that's on you. It's quite simple really, do you really think this world as a whole is ready for wide-spread alien-contact whether benevolent beings are involved or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

The complete misinterpretation of what I wrote, including taking it at incredibly in-depth beyond-face-value and proposing that is what I 'actually' believe is absolutely, without a doubt, brilliantly hilarious. lachen.gif
I'm literally laughing right now. Laughing at your convoluted propositions, not the text nor what you linked. It's lachen.gif amazing. And I somehow knew that you would take it that way - as proof of my beliefs... lachen.gif when you know nothing about what I believe.
But we know what you believe - in 'Planet X' - 'Nibiru' - and what other names you may give it.
Just because someone else doesn't 'enjoy' or find 'context' with what you provide as an awareness to 'expand your consciousness' doesn't mean it does anything of the sort.
lachen.gif
I think you need to open your mind a bit more; science has proven theories which are fact, not merely unproven 'theory'. Please stop lachen.gif. No one is saying your 'conversations with an alien online' and an alien named 'Bob' aren't legit. It's just reads terrible for any of it to even be remotely believable.
The world is ending, right? 2012?
Oh by the way - I'm Bob.

There was no misinterpretation of what you wrote at all, now you're just trying to make it appear that you were joking to make yourself look better. I'm sorry you feel there was a misunderstanding, I just believe your attempt at creativity severely backfired.. You said you believe in "x" and now you are saying it's hilarious that I said you believe "x" and that's funny for some reason? Perhaps you were overwhelmed by what I have said and simply cannot come up with a reply other than, "your response is hilarious because I lack the intelligence to reply to it appropriately. Oh btw, I was joking too." You're laughing at the convoluted propositions because they are correct. You are experiencing what people call a self-defense mechanism. You have no other way to respond to it because you feel you were belittled. You say, I know nothing about what you believe. However you proposed ideas as your own, giving me a glimpse into what you believe. However you seem to know that I would take it some type of way, even though you forget that you wrote something and then expected a response. Now that response was apparently not what you wanted. Even though you seemed to know that I was going to respond that way anyway. Which of course, if you did know, you wouldn't have written what you wrote in the first place. Of course none of this matters because now you were joking. Even though you made no attempt whatsoever of proposing that you were being sarcastic, only after I replied to you. But really, good job.

It's not Planet X, or "Nibiru" that's a very vague new age type of statement to make and what is fact, is I now know that you have no idea what you're talking about regarding the subject.

I need to open my mind a bit more? How ironic is that statement? Seriously. Take a look in the mirror before you make such bold accusations. Nothing in science can be proven, because everything surrounding science is merely speculation because everything is made up entirely. Every word, every number, everything. It's all made up. You don't know what anything actually is other than what you were told to believe by scholarly institutions. So before you can say "science has proven theories which are fact" you need to stop and think how? How can you prove anything when everything is made up? But were not going to get into that, that's clearly beyond your comprehension.

Conversations with Aliens Online is not remotely believable to you because of your jaded views on what is believable and what isn't.

No the world isn't ending and your sarcasm just proves your immaturity. Straw man tactics at the highest caliber. Funniest thing about it is you even admit to your straw man tactics. Claiming that your "same world" theory was merely a joke now. Let me stray off topic to take the light off of me and try to point more fingers. Brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

With this statement, you've removed every last bit of credibility you had remaining.
Do you know how much fanfiction exists on the internet about unicorns or Harry Potter? Does that make either of them real?

With your statement, you have proven you have not the slightest iota of any understanding on the subject whatsoever. Anything you say, is immediately disregarded because you clearly haven't done any research on the subject before. Before you make your asinine comment to try to poke fun at what I said, realize you're criticizing a subject you know nothing about. There are so many documents available to prove their visitation and intervention on this planet it's not even funny; but I'm not your teacher, do your own research. By the way, if you're lazy there is even a television show on it.
Edited by BiG StroOnZ - 10/21/12 at 9:30pm
post #145 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

* SNIP *

Not sure if delusional....

lachen.gif

You think I'm trying to 'make it appear that you were joking to make yourself (myself) look better'? lachen.gif

It's quite clear I'm not the one who looks silly here. thumb.gif
Edited by GanjaSMK - 10/21/12 at 9:45pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

So... You say they haven't stopped (assuming they started to begin with), but they haven't made their presence widely known, sticking instead to out-of-focus photographs, inconclusive videos, etc., like Bigfoot and Nessy. Except they're apparently greatly ahead of us in technology, so they could make their presence be known if they wanted, or they could remain unseen if they wanted. So you're saying they WANT to only be seen by a couple people. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Also they can't have been visiting since the beginning of time. There weren't even atoms at the beginning of time.

They have made their presence known in the past, and it has been well-documented. They wont make their presence now knowing a civilization isn't ready. Obviously the beginning of time was a bit of hyperbole, but by no means would I discount Macrocosmic beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

Would you disagree that most "alien/supernatural" encounters are the result of either mental instability or drugs/lack of sleep/stress? If not, why would you choose to believe the story of someone you don't know? Rather, why believe someone else's questionable belief that something is true?
Being able to accept something as true is not the same as being eager to accept something as true enough to overlook it's inconsistencies. The whole "I'm an alien beyond your comprehension" routine is just too easy. Beyond that, a selective individual-based contact pattern is counter-productive because those that speak about their experience will be discredited, and the ones after that will be even more reluctant to believe after that.
If there are aliens monitoring Earth, are they using the Internet? Almost assuredly, it's the greatest source of social information in the history of the planet. Are they using the internet as a means of "deniable contact"? No, because of the very reason it'd be "deniable contact"- it's long since been established that the internet is not a medium where information should be believed at face value. You want those who you contact to believe and have the ability to sway others, not have reason to question themselves if they got pranked.

Firstly this is an incredibly generic and stale way too look at it. To thoroughly understand this comparison you would have to have excessive amounts of drug knowledge particularly researching Dimethyltryptamine and Psilocybin Cubensis mushrooms, especially endogenous Dimethyltryptamine production. This is because when you study endogenous DMT production you come to find that the amount of DMT levels in the brain are the equivalent of a reality thermostat. Depending on how much DMT you have in your brain, depends on what "dimension" you are currently in. The sober state of mind being the medium between this reality and perhaps being able to access other realities from having more DMT in your brain. This however is another topic that would take hours to explain to someone who doesn't have enough background knowledge of the subject to make the ideas understandable. There is a connection though with many DMT experiences and Alien Abductions. They are almost paramount. However I would disagree with the vast majority of documented cases of abductions being merely mental instability. Also the many documented cases of UFO sightings is almost impossible to deny at this point. Especially with Military personnel coming out saying that they have seen UFO's, particularly the Air Force.

Deniable contact is required because it means that the people who are listening to the deniable contact story, aren't ready for undeniable contact if they choose to not believe the person's deniable contact story. A selective individual based contact pattern is not counter productive after an excessive amount of persons have been contacted. A domino effect ensues where people begin talking about it enough that it spreads to the point where world-wide contact is possible. If you don't understand the reasoning for deniable contact, then that's on you. It's quite simple really, do you really think this world as a whole is ready for wide-spread alien-contact whether benevolent beings are involved or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

The complete misinterpretation of what I wrote, including taking it at incredibly in-depth beyond-face-value and proposing that is what I 'actually' believe is absolutely, without a doubt, brilliantly hilarious. lachen.gif
I'm literally laughing right now. Laughing at your convoluted propositions, not the text nor what you linked. It's lachen.gif amazing. And I somehow knew that you would take it that way - as proof of my beliefs... lachen.gif when you know nothing about what I believe.
But we know what you believe - in 'Planet X' - 'Nibiru' - and what other names you may give it.
Just because someone else doesn't 'enjoy' or find 'context' with what you provide as an awareness to 'expand your consciousness' doesn't mean it does anything of the sort.
lachen.gif
I think you need to open your mind a bit more; science has proven theories which are fact, not merely unproven 'theory'. Please stop lachen.gif. No one is saying your 'conversations with an alien online' and an alien named 'Bob' aren't legit. It's just reads terrible for any of it to even be remotely believable.
The world is ending, right? 2012?
Oh by the way - I'm Bob.

There was no misinterpretation of what you wrote at all, now you're just trying to make it appear that you were joking to make yourself look better. I'm sorry you feel there was a misunderstanding, I just believe your attempt at creativity severely backfired.. You said you believe in "x" and now you are saying it's hilarious that I said you believe "x" and that's funny for some reason? Perhaps you were overwhelmed by what I have said and simply cannot come up with a reply other than, "your response is hilarious because I lack the intelligence to reply to it appropriately. Oh btw, I was joking too." You're laughing at the convoluted propositions because they are correct. You are experiencing what people call a self-defense mechanism. You have no other way to respond to it because you feel you were belittled. You say, I know nothing about what you believe. However you proposed ideas as your own, giving me a glimpse into what you believe. However you seem to know that I would take it some type of way, even though you forget that you wrote something and then expected a response. Now that response was apparently not what you wanted. Even though you seemed to know that I was going to respond that way anyway. Which of course, if you did know, you wouldn't have written what you wrote in the first place. Of course none of this matters because now you were joking. Even though you made no attempt whatsoever of proposing that you were being sarcastic, only after I replied to you. But really, good job.

It's not Planet X, or "Nibiru" that's a very vague new age type of statement to make and what is fact, is I now know that you have no idea what you're talking about regarding the subject.

I need to open my mind a bit more? How ironic is that statement? Seriously. Take a look in the mirror before you make such bold accusations. Nothing in science can be proven, because everything surrounding science is merely speculation because everything is made up entirely. Every word, every number, everything. It's all made up. You don't know what anything actually is other than what you were told to believe by scholarly institutions. So before you can say "science has proven theories which are fact" you need to stop and think how? How can you prove anything when everything is made up? But were not going to get into that, that's clearly beyond your comprehension.

Conversations with Aliens Online is not remotely believable to you because of your jaded views on what is believable and what isn't.

No the world isn't ending and your sarcasm just proves your immaturity. Straw man tactics at the highest caliber. Funniest thing about it is you even admit to your straw man tactics. Claiming that your "same world" theory was merely a joke now. Let me stray off topic to take the light off of me and try to point more fingers. Brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

With this statement, you've removed every last bit of credibility you had remaining.
Do you know how much fanfiction exists on the internet about unicorns or Harry Potter? Does that make either of them real?

With your statement, you have proven you have not the slightest iota of any understanding on the subject whatsoever. Anything you say, is immediately disregarded because you clearly haven't done any research on the subject before. Before you make your asinine comment to try to poke fun at what I said, realize you're criticizing a subject you know nothing about. There are so many documents available to prove their visitation and intervention on this planet it's not even funny; but I'm not your teacher, do your own research. By the way, if you're lazy there is even a television show on it.

You're delusional.

I've seen the research on alien "proof" in ancient societies. They offer as much proof as the Bible offers proof of a god, which is to say, none whatsoever.

Do I believe aliens exist? Yes.
Have they been to Earth? Maybe.
Have they interfered with human history or revealed themselves to us? I see no proof either way, even with all of the supposed evidence. There's a large difference between hearsay, eye witnesses, or ancient writings that can be construed as "proof" (amongst other things) and reliably reproducible evidence and evidence that can be verified from multiple sources and through various methods, that are almost indeniable. You seem to have trouble distinguishing between the two types. Don't feel too bad, you and about 70% of the rest of the population has the same problem.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post


You're delusional.

I've seen the research on alien "proof" in ancient societies. They offer as much proof as the Bible offers proof of a god, which is to say, none whatsoever.

Do I believe aliens exist? Yes.
Have they been to Earth? Maybe.
Have they interfered with human history or revealed themselves to us? I see no proof either way, even with all of the supposed evidence. There's a large difference between hearsay, eye witnesses, or ancient writings that can be construed as "proof" (amongst other things) and reliably reproducible evidence and evidence that can be verified from multiple sources and through various methods, that are almost indeniable. You seem to have trouble distinguishing between the two types. Don't feel too bad, you and about 70% of the rest of the population has the same problem.

I think it's a lost cause man... as you can see by his philosophy on drug use, bordering on similarities to the TV show Fringe. He's way out there. Way out: kookoo.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 197
Send an unmanned probe. We've got 9 planets to gravity slingshot off of, and god knows how many to slow down with over there.

The galileo probe managed 106,000mph using gravity slingshot, So that's about 6 times faster that 17,000. So say, 6500 years? Who cares that we won't see it now, We have to get used to the fact that space is big and time is long. Individual humans don't have much time, but the species sure does.

Put a huge heatshield on the thing and get as close as you can to the sun, for an even bigger gravity slingshot, than jettison the sheild with an explosive to send you even faster.
Edited by Gundamnitpete - 10/21/12 at 10:25pm
PINGAS!
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350@4.6ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX MSI 6870 Hawk G.Skill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB DVD H60 push/pull Win 7 
MonitorPower
60" Sony Bravia OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 
  hide details  
Reply
PINGAS!
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350@4.6ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX MSI 6870 Hawk G.Skill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB DVD H60 push/pull Win 7 
MonitorPower
60" Sony Bravia OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

Not sure if delusional....
lachen.gif
You think I'm trying to 'make it appear that you were joking to make yourself (myself) look better'? lachen.gif
It's quite clear I'm not the one who looks silly here. thumb.gif

More straw man arguments. Call someone a name, to make it appear you are better than them. Yet, let's say were not trying to make it appear we're better than them. More brilliance at its finest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

You're delusional.
I've seen the research on alien "proof" in ancient societies. They offer as much proof as the Bible offers proof of a god, which is to say, none whatsoever.
Do I believe aliens exist? Yes.
Have they been to Earth? Maybe.
Have they interfered with human history or revealed themselves to us? I see no proof either way, even with all of the supposed evidence. There's a large difference between hearsay, eye witnesses, or ancient writings that can be construed as "proof" (amongst other things) and reliably reproducible evidence and evidence that can be verified from multiple sources and through various methods, that are almost indeniable. You seem to have trouble distinguishing between the two types. Don't feel too bad, you and about 70% of the rest of the population has the same problem.

Delusional? Why? Because I know and understand something better than you. So that automatically makes me delusional because I have more knowledge on the subject than you do? Interesting logic really.

You've seen the research on aliens in ancient societies, but you continue to deny them as proof. That's quite interesting really. Makes sense. They offer plenty of proof because they are spread across the world from many different civilizations. If that's not proof then I don't know what to tell you except you need an Alien to punch you in the face and tell you they've always been here to believe it.

So even with the proposed evidence you don't see it as proof. Again more logic at its finest. Why should I feel bad? You're someone who doesn't change their beliefs to fit the facts, sorry but that's insane. You and about 80% of the population have this problem. They don't change their beliefs to fit the facts. They find the facts to fit their beliefs. You seem to have a problem with multiple resources making the same claim as being unreliable. That's your fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

I think it's a lost cause man... as you can see by his philosophy on drug use, bordering on similarities to the TV show Fringe. He's way out there. Way out: kookoo.gif

More straw man arguments. A lost cause man? Seriously, who do you think you are. You tried to engage in a subject that you weren't prepared to defend your beliefs on. You were proved wrong, now all you have left is name calling. What does that say about your character? First off I don't do drugs, I don't even drink. I just study subjects required to give me a better understanding on certain Philosophies. You really need to step back from your position because the only one who is way out there is yourself. Again, you have proven you know nothing about the subjects suggested.
Edited by BiG StroOnZ - 10/21/12 at 10:57pm
post #150 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

* SNIP *


The assumptions you make are ... amazing. lachen.gif

Your 'straw man' antics are funny. So are the mass assumptions. No drugs? No alcohol? Awe man, no desire to experiment?

Keep up the good rhetoric much ado about nothing! We're all having a great laugh! lachen.gif


(EDIT)
WAIT - WAIT - Are you that guy from 'Ancient Aliens'? You are AREN'T YOU?! thinking.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Nature] Planet found in closest neighbour system Alpha Centauri.