Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Nature] Planet found in closest neighbour system Alpha Centauri.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Nature] Planet found in closest neighbour system Alpha Centauri. - Page 19

post #181 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

If that's the case, these guys are the troll kings:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

so did they completely ignore the fact the satellites have physically scanned every inch of the surface of the earth from space? and what about north-south orbiting satellites?

edit: yea, they have to be trolling: "Remember that satellites do not exist". I can give people the hollow earth theory some plausibility that it might be true. But this is ridiculous....
Edited by phibrizo - 10/22/12 at 5:23pm
post #182 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibrizo View Post

devil.gif
If natural selection is true, why do we have dumb people....?
biggrin.giftongue.gif


its obvious they went selected duh
Medusa
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8370 5Ghz 2600/2600 32GB 24/7 Prime95 Stable... Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 ASUS Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 R9390-DC2-8GD5 8GB  CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 500GB Evo MZ-75E500B/AM Seagate  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS NZXT Kraken X61 RL-KRX61-01 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
NZXT Kraken X41 RL-KRX41-01 140mm NZXT Kraken G10 NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... Windows 7 x64 Pro HP W2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius Corsair AX860i Corsair Graphite CC600TWM-WHT  Genius 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E07K ANDES Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Purex PXR-301 6-Slot SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interna... 
  hide details  
Reply
Medusa
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8370 5Ghz 2600/2600 32GB 24/7 Prime95 Stable... Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 ASUS Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 R9390-DC2-8GD5 8GB  CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 500GB Evo MZ-75E500B/AM Seagate  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS NZXT Kraken X61 RL-KRX61-01 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
NZXT Kraken X41 RL-KRX41-01 140mm NZXT Kraken G10 NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... Windows 7 x64 Pro HP W2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius Corsair AX860i Corsair Graphite CC600TWM-WHT  Genius 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E07K ANDES Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Purex PXR-301 6-Slot SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interna... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #183 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibrizo View Post

If natural selection is true, why do we have dumb people....?
I dont know any animals who choose their sexual partners primarily because of intelligence.
Dogs? Cats? no.
Humans? maybe a very small number do but, in general, I would say, no.

Intelligence can not be seen, smelled, touched, heard, or tasted.
How can an animal choose a sexual partner based on something which is not easily detectable or easily measurable?

Neanderthal humans ceased to exist, not because of natural selection, but because they were killed by a superior predator and/or because they could no longer survive in their environment.
Edited by Partol - 10/23/12 at 1:51am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #184 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partol View Post

I dont know any animals who choose their sexual partners primarily because of intelligence.
Dogs? Cats? no.
Humans? maybe a very small number but, in general, I would say, no.
Intelligence can not be seen, smelled, touched, heard, or tasted.
How can an animal choose a sexual partner based on something which is not easily detectable or easily measurable?
Neanderthal humans ceased to exist, not because of natural selection, but because they were killed by a superior predator and/or because they could no longer survive in their environment.

In modern society intelligence increases probability of persons position within it substantially. As far as Neanderthal's go then some studies claim that non-neglible portion of the modern human genome is from the Neanderthal branch as a result of crossbreeding. Neanderthals had larger brain, however their throat was not as suitable for talking - or something on those lines, I'm not an anthropologist.
Kohver v.4
(25 items)
 
Kohver v.3
(21 items)
 
Soliton
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 X79-UP4 Gigabyte 390X G1 Club3D 7870 Eyefinity 6 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64 GB Barracuda 3 TB WD Green 3 TB Crucial M4 256 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64 GB Barracuda 4 TB Corsair LE 480HB Sythe big shuriken rev B 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Nexxos 280mm radiator DC-LT Alphacool GPX 390M04 Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
DELL U2311H (x3) DELL U2312HM (x2) 9.7'' 2048x1536 (x3) IPAD3 retina Asus PB287Q 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quickfire TK (red) Corsair AX-1200i Significantly modded Jupiter .. something alumi... Logitech G700s 
Mouse Pad
3M Ergonomic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 X79-UP4 Gigabyte 390X G1 Club3D 7870 Eyefinity 6 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64 GB Barracuda 3 TB WD Green 3 TB Crucial M4 256 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 64 GB Barracuda 4 TB Sythe big shuriken rev B Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
DELL U2311H (x3) DELL U2312HM (x2) 9.7'' 2048x1536 (x3) IPAD3 retina Asus PB287Q 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quickfire TK (red) Corsair AX-1200i Modded Sharkoon VS-3 Logitech G700s 
Mouse Pad
3M Ergonomic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 X79-UP4 Sapphire 7950 FleX OC XFX 6770 Eyefinity 5 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Club3D 7870 Eyefinity 6 64 GB Samsung 750 GB F3 Barracuda 3 TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Green 3 TB Crucial M4 256 GB Crucial M4 64 GB Barracuda 4 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom loop Windows 7 Pro 64 bit DELL U2311H (x3) DELL U2312HM (x2) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
9.7'' 2048x1536 (x3) IPAD3 retina Asus PB287Q 4K CM Quickfire TK (red) Corsair AX-1200i 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Modded Chieftec Smart WH-02B-B-OB Logitech G700s 3M Ergonomic 
  hide details  
Reply
Kohver v.4
(25 items)
 
Kohver v.3
(21 items)
 
Soliton
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 X79-UP4 Gigabyte 390X G1 Club3D 7870 Eyefinity 6 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64 GB Barracuda 3 TB WD Green 3 TB Crucial M4 256 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64 GB Barracuda 4 TB Corsair LE 480HB Sythe big shuriken rev B 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Nexxos 280mm radiator DC-LT Alphacool GPX 390M04 Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
DELL U2311H (x3) DELL U2312HM (x2) 9.7'' 2048x1536 (x3) IPAD3 retina Asus PB287Q 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quickfire TK (red) Corsair AX-1200i Significantly modded Jupiter .. something alumi... Logitech G700s 
Mouse Pad
3M Ergonomic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 X79-UP4 Gigabyte 390X G1 Club3D 7870 Eyefinity 6 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64 GB Barracuda 3 TB WD Green 3 TB Crucial M4 256 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 64 GB Barracuda 4 TB Sythe big shuriken rev B Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
DELL U2311H (x3) DELL U2312HM (x2) 9.7'' 2048x1536 (x3) IPAD3 retina Asus PB287Q 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quickfire TK (red) Corsair AX-1200i Modded Sharkoon VS-3 Logitech G700s 
Mouse Pad
3M Ergonomic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 X79-UP4 Sapphire 7950 FleX OC XFX 6770 Eyefinity 5 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Club3D 7870 Eyefinity 6 64 GB Samsung 750 GB F3 Barracuda 3 TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Green 3 TB Crucial M4 256 GB Crucial M4 64 GB Barracuda 4 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom loop Windows 7 Pro 64 bit DELL U2311H (x3) DELL U2312HM (x2) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
9.7'' 2048x1536 (x3) IPAD3 retina Asus PB287Q 4K CM Quickfire TK (red) Corsair AX-1200i 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Modded Chieftec Smart WH-02B-B-OB Logitech G700s 3M Ergonomic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #185 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniflex View Post

In modern society intelligence increases probability of persons position within it substantially..

I agree. However .....

Since much of human breeding occurs in lower social classes, It appears that high positions (and wealth) are not vital to the natural selection process.

About crossbreeding ....
Before World War 1 and 2, there probably was some "crossbreeding" between Jews and non-Jews. Despite such crossbreeding, the holocaust still happened. If world war 1 and 2 had never happened, then I imagine European demographics would be substantially different now.

No offense intended to Jewish people. Just trying to make a point that genocide can still occur even when there is some "crossbreeding".
Edited by Partol - 10/23/12 at 2:31am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #186 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakravant View Post

Actually, very few of them say the same thing. The descriptions in the Vedas vary significantly from the Sumerian Anunnaki, which vary significantly from the Semitic Nephilim, which vary significantly from the Greek Heros. Their dissimilarity is an indication that they do not refer to a tangible, single, real, group or event.

You're obviously missing the point of all that information then. Maybe it's not directly saying the same exact thing, nobody says it was. It's the similarities they share that are astounding. However their are close similarities to others that you have not mentioned. It's just the ones that you have mentioned specifically that don't mirror each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

No, it's not. Put your tinfoil hat back on.
Evolution does not require absolute fitness. It requires just enough fitness to survive and there's no selective pressure against our sophisticated brain. Obviously, we're capable of eating enough to sustain it.

Put my tinfoil hat back on? Nice cliche. Grow up. You are wrong.

Think whatever makes you feel better about your beliefs. I'm not here to change your beliefs. You are here to change, update, and modify your beliefs. If you aren't doing that, then you are not evolving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post

This is a false assumption.
It appears to be nonsense because such a string of improbable assumptions, many of which run contrary to what is actually known and demonstrable, can scarcely appear as anything else.
Which would remove them further from the source and subject them to even more doubt.
Did it occur to you that these sources, even if they were meant to be taken seriously, even if they are interpreted correctly, are probably not accurate?
10,000 years from now, I would not be surprised if, upon hearing of the discovery of a copy of Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr. Seuss, that one of your descendants (literal or otherwise) offered it up as evidence that a race furry anthropomorphic 'Sam I Am' aliens once had contact with ancient humans.
You keep using those words. I don't think they mean what you think they mean.
This is precisely what I believe you have done.
If you have a better way than the scientific method, the world would love to see it demonstrated.
There is nothing about the existence of man, sophisticated brain and all, that is contrary to what is currently understood regarding natural selection (which are not identical to what was originally proposed by Darwin). Your assertion that our brains are "well beyond the needs of its everyday existence" is silly. How is it not conceivable that "everyday existence", when it includes, amongst other things, direct competition with others of the same ever increasing capabilities/faculties, could produce the evolutionary pressures necessary for further change?
While nothing categorically rules out another explanation, of all the possibilities at hand, evolution via natural selection is, by far, the one that requires the least convolution and is the only one with any evidence behind it.
The fact that they are not scientific theories precisely because they cannot be tested, nor unambiguously observed.
Those that advocate the existence of "Alien Visitation, Intervention, and Contact" do so based on faith or wild conjecture, not on science. Perhaps they are right, and perhaps Yahweh created Earth ~6,000 years ago in six literal days.

Yes it is judging by your replies.

It appears to be nonsense, to you, again because you don't know enough about the topic. Therefore to you, it seems as though they are string of improbable assumptions because your realm of thought is confined to traditional science thinking methods.

That's because your thinking is flawed.

Why wouldn't they be accurate? Better yet, why would they probably not be accurate. What makes them inaccurate other than some ignorant human incapable of thinking freely believes they are inaccurate.

Nice whimsical use of straw man tactics, you're clearly lacking the maturity to continue on with this discussion.

I think they do.

No, this is precisely what you have done and what many people in this thread have done. Nice try flipping that around though.

It's called being able to freely think without constraint. It's really quite simple, you should try it.

You seem to not be getting the gist of what I said. If we evolved according to the theory of evolution and natural selection. Homo sapiens, where we stand now would not be the current species. We would look, act, and be an entirely different species. Which is why the Theory of Evolution applied to Homo Sapiens is flawed and incorrect. Homo sapiens did not evolve. Period. We we're basically created. I have plenty of sources to back up that claim too, however none of them are going to be up to your scientific "scholarly" standards, since you lack the ability to make your own connections through various sources. So really, no use going any further there. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree to make any progress here.

This is why your view of understanding things is severely narrow because you are limiting yourself to what you can and can't understand because of your jaded "standards". Knock the Bible all you want, but the Bible is compromised of many ancient stories from older texts. There is some really good information in the Bible, even regarding Alien Visitation once you translate it correctly and learn what is actually being said. Then again, you will never take the time to do that because of course this isn't the scientific method of doing things therefore it automatically makes it invalid. rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

Nah, I do.
I do understand how much information is available, at least on this subject.
If you think you've found a flaw in natural selection, then submit it. If you're correct, you'll win a Nobel prize for completely flipping around our fundamental understanding of biology. Please, please submit your research on this.
Your claims show a complete 100% lack of understanding of how science works. The "mainstream science community" is very cutthroat. They constantly compete and try to prove eachother wrong. If someone discovered that the theory of evolution didn't apply to humans, they'd be famous, their lab would get massive amounts of funding. They would go down in history as a Darwin or an Einstein. Sorry to break it to you, but just because you don't understand evolution, or the theory of natural selection, doesn't mean it's wrong.
Yes, our understanding of the universe is not complete. I don't see how that's relevant. Just because we don't know everything doesn't mean that a hypothesis is equal to a theory, or that every theory is equal. The theory of relativity explains a lot. It is not complete as it starts to fail in extremely large and extremely small scales. But it has a huge amount of evidence supporting it, has made thousands of predictions that have turned out to be correct. Does that mean that the entire theory is incorrect? No.
What is the quantum theory of gravity? Quantum gravity is a field, not a theory. And it uses the standard model, and general relativity, not contradicts it.
I don't contradict myself. There is nothing better than a theory. A theory will never become anything "greater", or "graduate". It will not turn into a fact or a law or anything else.
Do you know what happens to science "outside the mainstream science world", when it's proven or has a good amount of evidence backing it? It becomes mainstream science.
You need to take off the tinfoil hat and do some real research into what science is and the values the scientific community holds. kookoo.gifkookoo.gifkookoo.gif

There are plenty of people who have found flaws in natural selection. Do you think mainstream institutions want their precious theories to be disproved? No. They do not. They require people to think the littlest amount so they can manufacture more lies for you to believe based on their precious methods. You show a complete 100% lack of understanding of how this world works, how mainstream science works, how mainstream education works, and mainstream institutions work.

Just because you want to believe utter nonsense spouted as fact, and forced upon the people as being true. Doesn't mean I will or do. I understand evolution, it's real, just not in humans.

More cliche retorts. Tinfoil hat? ROFLMAO. Oh you hurt my feelings now, I feel so belittled by the guy who doesn't know how to think freely and confines his thoughts and beliefs to a world full of fabricated illusions. You need to do some real research, the kind of research that doesn't limit you to what you are allowed to believe. I support the scientific community, just not all of it. I'm also not confined to them as being my only resource of information and knowledge. I allow myself to think without restraint. I don't limit myself to using one source of information to comprise an idea or one way of discerning what is truth and what isn't. That's way too subjective and completely illogical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

I'm never sure whether conspiracy theorists actually believe the stuff they spout. I still think it all might just be a giant troll. tongue.gif

The fact that you call people conspiracy theorists shows how naive you actually are. Firstly, there is no conspiracy involved here at all. No one is conspiring against anyone. If you don't yet know what the word conspiracy means, then don't use the term conspiracy theorist. Secondly, what the word has become to mean is entirely different then what it actually means. It doesn't actually mean what it has been coined to mean. Now all it does is make people discount the information being presented to them immediately. As soon as someone tries to say something that goes against mainstream thought, "Oh they must be a conspiracy theorist, let's not listen to what they have to say and in an instant their brain shuts off as if they were controlled by a remote" Then people wonder why we live in a world resembling 1984 because everyone let's the institutions and scholars do the thinking for them. Anyone who goes against these institutions or scholars is immediately discredited and called a nut. Unfortunately some people might be offended, but me personally I think it's hilarious. It's probably sad, but what are you going to do. The robot zombified species of humans are reproducing in startling numbers. The not being able to freely think disease is spreading at a rapid rate. There's no stopping it now. Some of you are so controlled, you don't even know it, that's pretty scary.
Edited by BiG StroOnZ - 10/23/12 at 2:25am
post #187 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

-snip-

Just because you want to believe utter nonsense spouted as fact, and forced upon the people as being true. Doesn't mean I will or do. I understand evolution, it's real, just not in humans.
More cliche retorts. Tinfoil hat? ROFLMAO. Oh you hurt my feelings now, I feel so belittled by the guy who doesn't know how to think freely and confines his thoughts and beliefs to a world full of fabricated illusions. You need to do some real research, the kind of research that doesn't limit you to what you are allowed to believe. I support the scientific community, just not all of it. I'm also not confined to them as being my only resource of information and knowledge. I allow myself to think without restraint. I don't limit myself to using one source of information to comprise an idea or one way of discerning what is truth and what isn't. That's way too subjective and completely illogical.

-snip

The problem with that line of thought is that the scientific method is neither subjective or illogical. Creative t hinking is an excellent trait, but you have to understand that much of the evidence you have provided has been discredited or is simply illogical. Based on this, why should others believe your hypothesis?
1st Self-Built
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
A10-5800K AsRock A75 Pro-4 M Crucial Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 8 Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 675 NZXT H 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
1st Self-Built
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
A10-5800K AsRock A75 Pro-4 M Crucial Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 8 Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 675 NZXT H 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #188 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

... snip ... I understand evolution, it's real, just not in humans

You talk as if you've actually got any scientific evidence to back up your claims. Please provide such evidence, or stop trolling this thread until you can do otherwise.

This is a science thread, we post scientifically backed evidence here. People are welcomed to post "what ifs" and such, but probably shouldn't be posting them as if they were fact and then telling everyone else they're just too dumb to understand.

You're entitled to believe whatever you want, but without any evidence to debate with us then you can keep it to yourself. Otherwise you'd be no different then a flat-earther coming in here and spouting nonsense about the world being flat.
Edited by lordikon - 10/23/12 at 7:00am
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #189 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Knock the Bible all you want, but the Bible is compromised of many ancient stories from older texts. There is some really good information in the Bible, even regarding Alien Visitation once you translate it correctly and learn what is actually being said. Then again, you will never take the time to do that because of course this isn't the scientific method of doing things therefore it automatically makes it invalid. rolleyes.gif

Stories =/= proof

You are COMPLETELY incapable of providing evidence that stands up to scrutiny. A bunch of ancient stories does not constitute proof. You sure like to talk about strawmans a lot, but your argument is that since a lot of people write about something, it must exist. That's the biggest strawman in this thread.

http://browse.deviantart.com/fanart/fanfiction/?q=sonic

40,211 fanfics about Sonic the Hedgehog. That makes him real, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

There are plenty of people who have found flaws in natural selection.

Such as?
Edited by aroc91 - 10/23/12 at 7:39am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #190 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibrizo View Post

devil.gif
If natural selection is true, why do we have dumb people....?
biggrin.giftongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

Natural selection doesn't prevent imperfections, nor does it determine something like which education someone will receive.

well, don't forget that Humans today are pretty wussed out.. natural Selection for Humans almost barely doesnt exist, atleast, not in such a way with Animals.

I mean think about it, the weaker of the Litter will eventually starve and die.

But you wont let that happen to any of your actual children. I hope lol

and that weakling will someday grow up, and potentially pass it on.

Still a roulette board with recessive genese, My biological Father was the Runt of his Brothers, and maybe 5'9, didnt graduate highschool and has only learned a computer for Facebook...

Here I am at 6'1, the only one to graduate Highschool and have been physically fit since I was a kid (ADHD helps with keep you in motion lol) and tested with a moderately high IQ.

My wife is the first Daughter of quite litterally, the 2 biggest Dummies I ever met, and she has high Tested IQ as well, ex gymnast,

Our First born child is very advanced for his age but received absolutely none of our athletic abilities.

So you never know how the Genes will go, Natural Selection in Humans as far as I can tell is random and reserved to extreme cases. But I have to say its pretty much non existant.
Nameless Traitor
(14 items)
 
†he cu|†
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920@3.8ghz Asus P6T-Deluxe GTX 570 1.2gb ;p Mushkin RedLine: 3x2GB 1600mhz 998805 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Crucial M4 SSD + 2 x 250GB + 500GB Extern... Noctua U12P Win7 Ultimate 64-bit 20in Wide LCD 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky OCN 1008 MX Brown MechBoard Corsair CMPSU-750HX HAF 932! Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Cool Warhammer Print 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opty 165 CCBBE @ 300fsb DFI LanP UT SLI-DR eVGA 8800gts 640mb 2x1gb Corsair XMS TwinX P 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 g sataII Max†or NEC DVD+/-DL XP pro 20.1 inch wide 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some old Thing OCZ GameXstream 600w Spire Baby! Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
What? 
  hide details  
Reply
Nameless Traitor
(14 items)
 
†he cu|†
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920@3.8ghz Asus P6T-Deluxe GTX 570 1.2gb ;p Mushkin RedLine: 3x2GB 1600mhz 998805 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Crucial M4 SSD + 2 x 250GB + 500GB Extern... Noctua U12P Win7 Ultimate 64-bit 20in Wide LCD 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky OCN 1008 MX Brown MechBoard Corsair CMPSU-750HX HAF 932! Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Cool Warhammer Print 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opty 165 CCBBE @ 300fsb DFI LanP UT SLI-DR eVGA 8800gts 640mb 2x1gb Corsair XMS TwinX P 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 g sataII Max†or NEC DVD+/-DL XP pro 20.1 inch wide 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some old Thing OCZ GameXstream 600w Spire Baby! Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
What? 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Nature] Planet found in closest neighbour system Alpha Centauri.