The multiplier was set for 1333, but the resulting speed was 1600 due to the reference clock.
I did a number of test cycles and found that for whatever reason, this RAM is not stable at any settings over ~1.6V. When I try to run 1.65V, it will produce errors regardless of speeds/timings. The good news is that I am getting promising results with lower speeds and tighter timings as suggested. In the past, I never took the time to really optimize this machine, so I am working on that now. Shooting for better NB clocks, a mild CPU OC, etc etc.
We're not expecting great numbers here, I'm just tinkering with cheap RAM. I am well aware of what sort of numbers modern low voltage kits are able to run. The kit I picked up off of craigslist was about half the price of a sammy kit
I can't justify fancy RAM for an Athlon II. I can justify the tinkering time on the cheap RAM because it's fun and I have the time!
Reference clock: 266MHZ
CPU: 1.4V, X12 = 3.2GHZ
NB: 1.275V. X10 = 2660MHZ
HT: X7 = 1862MHZ
Bummer... booted but getting errors. Going to back off to 250/2500 on the reference/NB here as I don't like the idea of running the NB voltage so high.
Reference clock: 250MHZ
CPU: 1.4V, X12.5 = 3.125GHZ
NB: 1.225V, X10 = 2500MHZ
HT: X8 = 2000MHZ
Booted, no errors yet.
got ~11,000MB/sec in a quick benchmark.
I have tried a handful of speeds and timings, and it doesn't matter if I'm running 1066 on tight timings, or 1600 on loose, the bandwidth cap is about the same either way. I will probably stick with these latest settings as they seem to be stable and fast.
EricEdited by mdocod - 10/20/12 at 10:24pm