Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Beginner's Luck - X79 Build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Beginner's Luck - X79 Build - Page 29

post #281 of 286
I'll have to go back through the log again to tell you what I would play with next. Knowing you have some change to play with....this will be fun to do. Give me a few days.

On the power button, is it the LED that is not lighting up, or does it not turn the power on anymore? Check the spade connections on the button side, and make sure the motherboard side hasn't wiggled loose.
post #282 of 286
I am at work in Indonesia for about 2.5 to 3.5 more weeks and it is already Christmas Eve here and I want to

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WISH EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND FOR YOU TO ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS WITH FAMILY
post #283 of 286
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

I'll have to go back through the log again to tell you what I would play with next. Knowing you have some change to play with....this will be fun to do. Give me a few days.
On the power button, is it the LED that is not lighting up, or does it not turn the power on anymore? Check the spade connections on the button side, and make sure the motherboard side hasn't wiggled loose.

I don't have the LED plugged in, but the power just won't come on. I have rigorously checked and jiggled connections, and nothing is working. Something is blown. Unfortunately it does not look like an easy fix frown.gif

I'm not sure how that power button is configured, is that like a battery or capacitor or something? Where the wires are connected to?

Oh well. Better contact Jim and see what he thinks.
post #284 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballnuts View Post

I don't have the LED plugged in, but the power just won't come on. I have rigorously checked and jiggled connections, and nothing is working. Something is blown. Unfortunately it does not look like an easy fix frown.gif
I'm not sure how that power button is configured, is that like a battery or capacitor or something? Where the wires are connected to?
Oh well. Better contact Jim and see what he thinks.


ballnuts the power button is a momentary on switch. what you need to do is disconnect the wire from the power on switch.

if you have a multimeter

1stput it on ohms and put the black on one side and the red on the other side. should show OL on meter or real high resitance depending on type of meter you have.

2nd push the button and the ohms should go below 1 ohm actually should be 0 but again depending on the meter is what it should be.

if when you push the button you have 1ohm or below on the meter this means the button is good and their is something wrong somewhere else. maybe power supply or connections.


if you dont have a meter then

You can also touch the 2 wires together that goes to the button for 2 or 3 seconds and if PC works means problem is with the push button.

you can also connect a wire each side of the button and put one wire on a 9v battery and hold the other wire. push the button with one hand and touch the opposite side of the battery and when you do this you should see a small spark this means the push button is working.

I am a Maintenance Electrician by trade and working as a Maintenance supervisor in the Oil Industry so i know electricity. if you have any more questions ask and i will help. i am in Indonesia right now working so i am 13 hours ahead or you at least depends on where in the usa it is. but it is 9am here. i will help with this all I can.
post #285 of 286
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

I am at work in Indonesia for about 2.5 to 3.5 more weeks and it is already Christmas Eve here and I want to
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WISH EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND FOR YOU TO ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS WITH FAMILY

Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

ballnuts the power button is a momentary on switch. what you need to do is disconnect the wire from the power on switch.
if you have a multimeter
1stput it on ohms and put the black on one side and the red on the other side. should show OL on meter or real high resitance depending on type of meter you have.
2nd push the button and the ohms should go below 1 ohm actually should be 0 but again depending on the meter is what it should be.
if when you push the button you have 1ohm or below on the meter this means the button is good and their is something wrong somewhere else. maybe power supply or connections.
if you dont have a meter then
You can also touch the 2 wires together that goes to the button for 2 or 3 seconds and if PC works means problem is with the push button.
you can also connect a wire each side of the button and put one wire on a 9v battery and hold the other wire. push the button with one hand and touch the opposite side of the battery and when you do this you should see a small spark this means the push button is working.
I am a Maintenance Electrician by trade and working as a Maintenance supervisor in the Oil Industry so i know electricity. if you have any more questions ask and i will help. i am in Indonesia right now working so i am 13 hours ahead or you at least depends on where in the usa it is. but it is 9am here. i will help with this all I can.

Great info here. Thank you Seross. I will give these a try and post my findings. Merry Christmas to you! Hope you have a a great day.
post #286 of 286
Stufzinader
(18 items)
 
Calibri
(15 items)
 
PapaPayne
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 EVGA SuperClocked 015-P3-1582-AR GeForce GTX 580 G.SKILL Sniper 4x4 F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 WD7501AALS Caviar Black WD5002AALX Caviar Black Lite-On iHAS124-04 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 Silverstone AP121-L x 6 Win 7 64bit HP ZR2440w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ozone Gaming Gear Strike Mechanical Gaming Keyb... SeaSonic X Series X-850 SilverStone Temjin Series SST-TJ04B-EW Logitech G9x Black Two modes scroll USB Wired L... 
Mouse PadMouse Pad
Zowie Gear G-TF Speed e-Sport Gaming Mouse Pad Ratzpad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 EVGA 02G-P4-2683-KR GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7... Lite-On iHAS124-04 COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit HP ZR2440w  CM Storm QuickFire Rapid SGK-4000-GKCL1-US SeaSonic X-850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
AZZA Genesis 9000 CSAZ-9000B Logictech G9x Zowie G-TF Spawn 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 EVGA 02G-P4-2683-KR GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 256GB SATA III WD VelociRaptor 600GB 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA... LITE-ON DVD Burner XSPC Raystorm Extreme Universal CPU Watercoolin... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper Waterblock Lamptron FC8 Fan Controller GELID Solutions Gamer Fan WING 12 Blue UV x 4 Windows 7 Ultimate 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
SteelSeries Merc Stealth OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Individually-Sleeved Modular... NZXT SWITCH 810 Gun-Metal PPCS Luxury Single Braided Cold Cathode Kit - U... 
  hide details  
Reply
Stufzinader
(18 items)
 
Calibri
(15 items)
 
PapaPayne
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 EVGA SuperClocked 015-P3-1582-AR GeForce GTX 580 G.SKILL Sniper 4x4 F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 WD7501AALS Caviar Black WD5002AALX Caviar Black Lite-On iHAS124-04 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 Silverstone AP121-L x 6 Win 7 64bit HP ZR2440w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ozone Gaming Gear Strike Mechanical Gaming Keyb... SeaSonic X Series X-850 SilverStone Temjin Series SST-TJ04B-EW Logitech G9x Black Two modes scroll USB Wired L... 
Mouse PadMouse Pad
Zowie Gear G-TF Speed e-Sport Gaming Mouse Pad Ratzpad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 EVGA 02G-P4-2683-KR GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7... Lite-On iHAS124-04 COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit HP ZR2440w  CM Storm QuickFire Rapid SGK-4000-GKCL1-US SeaSonic X-850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
AZZA Genesis 9000 CSAZ-9000B Logictech G9x Zowie G-TF Spawn 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 EVGA 02G-P4-2683-KR GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 256GB SATA III WD VelociRaptor 600GB 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA... LITE-ON DVD Burner XSPC Raystorm Extreme Universal CPU Watercoolin... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper Waterblock Lamptron FC8 Fan Controller GELID Solutions Gamer Fan WING 12 Blue UV x 4 Windows 7 Ultimate 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
SteelSeries Merc Stealth OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Individually-Sleeved Modular... NZXT SWITCH 810 Gun-Metal PPCS Luxury Single Braided Cold Cathode Kit - U... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Beginner's Luck - X79 Build