Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › Build my rig! i have $6k Help me pick my components?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Build my rig! i have $6k Help me pick my components? - Page 17

post #161 of 193
Thread Starter 
i decided to water cool.... but... only the processor... for now at least and i would like to use a large rad like a 480 cuz the case holds one and i want to be able to upgrade to do the graphics cards eventually but not now


i would like a very easy way to empty the liquid from the system because we will be doing it often. i dont know the easiest way to do this tho.... any help?
post #162 of 193
not enough info !what kind of coding ,hardcore opencl gpgpu or what ,because if it is hard core make sure there is a program avail that do what you want in opencl.and on that front amd gpu rule (about 35%faster in opencl gpgpu application .like i say ,not enough info.
post #163 of 193
SR-2 and 4 fermi cards...
 
Play Server
(10 items)
 
NAS
(14 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon L5640 Intel Xeon L5640 Dell R710 Mobo Hynix 144GB DDR3 ECC PC3L-10600R 
Hard DrivePowerCaseOther
Intel X25-M G2 80GB Redundant 840W PSU Dell 710 2.5" - Google Search Appliance Dell Perc H700 Raid Controller 
OtherOther
Dell iDRAC6 Enterprise Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb SFP+ NIC 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 SuperMicro X9DRL-iF 64GB Kingston ECC (kvr16r11d4/16HA) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
12x 4TB HGST 5K4000 SanDisk SSD 960GB (cache) 6x 8TB WD Red Scythe AP-29 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Noctua U9DXi4 FreeNAS Corsair AX750 Norco RPC-4224 
OtherOther
3x LSI 9211-8i (HBA) Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Play Server
(10 items)
 
NAS
(14 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon L5640 Intel Xeon L5640 Dell R710 Mobo Hynix 144GB DDR3 ECC PC3L-10600R 
Hard DrivePowerCaseOther
Intel X25-M G2 80GB Redundant 840W PSU Dell 710 2.5" - Google Search Appliance Dell Perc H700 Raid Controller 
OtherOther
Dell iDRAC6 Enterprise Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb SFP+ NIC 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 SuperMicro X9DRL-iF 64GB Kingston ECC (kvr16r11d4/16HA) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
12x 4TB HGST 5K4000 SanDisk SSD 960GB (cache) 6x 8TB WD Red Scythe AP-29 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Noctua U9DXi4 FreeNAS Corsair AX750 Norco RPC-4224 
OtherOther
3x LSI 9211-8i (HBA) Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofduty2200 View Post

ok my HS computer club recently got an about $5,800 grant from a large pharmaceutical company to build an amazing "show off system". flashy is good and it is used at competitions with other schools for competitions for coding and things like that. we want a system to show off how badass we are and make them look bad lol
my proposed system at the moment is:
Case: Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA Gaming Super Tower Computer Case
Motherbored: ASRock X79 Extreme11
Processer: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz
Cooler: H100 or... thinking about a custom water cooling loop use Arctic Silver 5 with both
(i have never done one before but would very much like to do it but im not sure exactly how much it would change the temps is a custom loop that much cooler? and plus the BA factor of it looking amazing)
Ram: 2x CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory
Graphics: 3x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW Standard, w/Backplate 4GB
SSD: 2x OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-256G 2.5" 256GB SATA III
Storage: 3x Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb
Power: CORSAIR AX1200i 1200W
Monitor: 2x Acer G236HLBbd Black 23" 5ms Widescreen LED Monitor
add ons:
Logitech G9x
Corsair Vengeance K90 Black/Metal USB Wired Gaming Performance
2x BitFenix LED-Strip White 30cm
6x 18" SATA 6 Gbps Cable
steelseries 63003SS QCK+ Mouse Pad
IF i am missing something or any help especialy with the cooling would be greatly appriciated

if you are going to get Corsair keyboard go with a corsair mouse.

the case is sort of mediocre, if you are doing a 6g build get a Corsair Obsidian 800d or a Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra

good choice for the motherboard but probably overkill, the extreme 9 is plenty but I went with a Asus Rampage IV Extreme for better OC

H100 is amazing. but im not saying don't do the custom cooling, though be prepared to do a lot of work.

the RAM, personally I would get less quantity but higher quality, the Corsair Dominator GT or Dominator Platinum with 2133 or 2400 speed would give better performance

as for the GPU, check out the Asus Direct CU II Top GTX680, best 680 in the market. you only need 2gb memory, and you only need 2 of them for a dual monitor display.

OCZ Vertex 4s are great SSDs but Samsung just released their 840 Pro, more expensive but a lot better.

If you are going to do 3 Barracuda 3TB you might as well do 4 of them instead and put them into Raid 1+0

For monitors get IPS Panels, they look much nicer with way more color support. the Asus PA238QR makes an amazing IPS display with awesome swivel and pivots

other than that it probably comes down to extra fans and maybe a temperature monitor
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2677M @ 1.8ghz Intel HD 3000 @ 350mhz  4GB @ 1333mhz Samsung SSD 256GB 
OSMonitor
OSX 10.8.2 1440x900 Built-In Monitor 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3315U Intel HD 4000 4GB 1600 DDR3 128 mSATA 
OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2677M @ 1.8ghz Intel HD 3000 @ 350mhz  4GB @ 1333mhz Samsung SSD 256GB 
OSMonitor
OSX 10.8.2 1440x900 Built-In Monitor 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3315U Intel HD 4000 4GB 1600 DDR3 128 mSATA 
OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 193
Thread Starter 
im working on my revised build... give me a while but tonight i will post it im still deciding on some components
post #166 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersexy View Post

if you are going to get Corsair keyboard go with a corsair mouse.
the case is sort of mediocre, if you are doing a 6g build get a Corsair Obsidian 800d or a Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra
good choice for the motherboard but probably overkill, the extreme 9 is plenty but I went with a Asus Rampage IV Extreme for better OC
H100 is amazing. but im not saying don't do the custom cooling, though be prepared to do a lot of work.
the RAM, personally I would get less quantity but higher quality, the Corsair Dominator GT or Dominator Platinum with 2133 or 2400 speed would give better performance
as for the GPU, check out the Asus Direct CU II Top GTX680, best 680 in the market. you only need 2gb memory, and you only need 2 of them for a dual monitor display.
OCZ Vertex 4s are great SSDs but Samsung just released their 840 Pro, more expensive but a lot better.
If you are going to do 3 Barracuda 3TB you might as well do 4 of them instead and put them into Raid 1+0
For monitors get IPS Panels, they look much nicer with way more color support. the Asus PA238QR makes an amazing IPS display with awesome swivel and pivots
other than that it probably comes down to extra fans and maybe a temperature monitor

For this work I will stay with my recommendation of mid speed high density ram as any encoding decoding and rendering can chew through ram extremely fast... As for the case, I think you would be suprised... It has the best functionality out of any case in that range... It may be a light aluminum build, but it is a lot higher quality then you would expect... AZZA has come a long way recently... I'm prity much with you on everything else though smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofduty2200 View Post

i decided to water cool.... but... only the processor... for now at least and i would like to use a large rad like a 480 cuz the case holds one and i want to be able to upgrade to do the graphics cards eventually but not now
i would like a very easy way to empty the liquid from the system because we will be doing it often. i dont know the easiest way to do this tho.... any help?

Get a NexXxoS full copper rad (probably the 45mm thick one) and either a raystorm or a supreme HF (copper, not nickel)... Also, if you are not getting the PWM vortex, then the nocturna would be better... The PWM cougars are the only good ones IMO... There are also black PWM cougars on newegg for 12.99 ea right now... The PWM version is the CF-V12HP or HPB
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #167 of 193
Thread Starter 
also dont forget im making a ram disk..... lol
post #168 of 193
Thread Starter 
Case: Azza 9000 (might mod in a new sideplate with a large window)
Motherbored: ASRock X79 Extreme11
Processer: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz
Cooler: custom water cooling loop ( this is where i need the help)
Ram: 2x CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) (one red one black) DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory
Graphics: 3x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW Standard, w/Backplate 4GB
SSD: 2x Corsair Neutron Series GTX 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Storage: 5x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb
Power: ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full ..
add ons:
assortment of fans to use in the case and will use the cougar ones with the pwm
Logitech G9x
Cooler Master Storm Trigger Black Wired Gaming Cherry Switch Keyboard
1x BitFenix LED-Strip White 30cm
6x 18" SATA 6 Gbps Cable
steelseries QCK+ Mouse Pad

$3,400 with all of this without a monitor and without any water-cooling stuff
post #169 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofduty2200 View Post

Case: Azza 9000 (might mod in a new sideplate with a large window)
Motherbored: ASRock X79 Extreme11
Processer: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz
Cooler: custom water cooling loop ( this is where i need the help)
Ram: 2x CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) (one red one black) DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory
Graphics: 3x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW Standard, w/Backplate 4GB
SSD: 2x Corsair Neutron Series GTX 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Storage: 5x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb
Power: ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full ..
add ons:
assortment of fans to use in the case and will use the cougar ones with the pwm
Logitech G9x
Cooler Master Storm Trigger Black Wired Gaming Cherry Switch Keyboard
1x BitFenix LED-Strip White 30cm
6x 18" SATA 6 Gbps Cable
steelseries QCK+ Mouse Pad
$3,400 with all of this without a monitor and without any water-cooling stuff

forget everything else i said but seriously check out the samsung 840 pros. they double the IOPS of the Corsairs.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2677M @ 1.8ghz Intel HD 3000 @ 350mhz  4GB @ 1333mhz Samsung SSD 256GB 
OSMonitor
OSX 10.8.2 1440x900 Built-In Monitor 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3315U Intel HD 4000 4GB 1600 DDR3 128 mSATA 
OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2677M @ 1.8ghz Intel HD 3000 @ 350mhz  4GB @ 1333mhz Samsung SSD 256GB 
OSMonitor
OSX 10.8.2 1440x900 Built-In Monitor 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3315U Intel HD 4000 4GB 1600 DDR3 128 mSATA 
OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
post #170 of 193
Thread Starter 
yeah i have been looking at them they are crazy and they arent super expensive most likely get them unless they come out to have problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › Build my rig! i have $6k Help me pick my components?