Originally Posted by compuman145
1. the 2700k overclocks futher however a 3770k will be at the same level at around of a 2700k at 5ghz if it hits 4.6 - 4.8Ghz. Basically different architecture.
2. Since you're going SLi I'd take a look at the 2011 socket processors for the extra PCI-E Lanes you get on that chipset. Asus z77 board or the Gigabyte Z77 seem to be the norm. I would personally go with the P9z77 pro board, I just like asus though, nothing wrong with gigabyte.
3. Have a look at the silver arrow or the Corsair H100, it's a sealed loop and tested a load by corsair prior to leaving the factory, you'll be fine with that.
4. Never ever ever ever use the PSU that comes with the tower/box, if you're building a PC you want to get a case without a PSU and go with one of the big brand names. Get this http://www.overclock.net/t/1140534/psu-calc-final-release
and use it with your hardware and it'll give you a load of pSU's to look at.
Sorry to get back to you again, I've been looking at Gigabyte Motherboard lately... and been confused with Z77 that you are referring, I've been comparing to one another and still cannot decide for which one is best fit to my need.
1. I would need to choose z77 with the one with 2-way SLI ready in order to fulfill my 4 monitor needs, am I correct?
2. Now, some of the z77 have integrated graphic, would that means if I buy another PCI-e VGA card, then I would be able to use 4 monitors with me? as I could use the integrated one for 2 monitors, and use the other 2 monitors with the PCI-e VGA that I'm gonna buy?
3. Perhaps if anyone could suggest their recommendation for z77 or Asus which type is the best mother board.
4. Now I've even seen some motherboard supporting 4-way SLI, what would that even means?
5. Regarding the cooler, would you prefer Corsair H100 over silver arrow? when you said H100 is a sealed loop, would that means it is actually a water cooler but we dont need to fill any water into it as it is sealed loop? (I tried to google to understand this, but seems yet able to get what it means by sealed loop).
thanks in advanceEdited by elite001 - 11/1/12 at 11:40am