Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Configuring GTX560 for Folding
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Configuring GTX560 for Folding

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I've been searching and researching for ways to get the most PPD out of my Asus GTX560 DCII TOP. My current PPD's are only 10,003 and it's my understanding this card should do much better than that. Do I need to change anything in FAHClient like "opencl-index" or "cuda-index"? Both are currently on default of -1.
Also, I'm currently using three passkeys, one for Team Competition, one for this card, and one for my other rigs. How can I check stats on individual passkeys? I know how to check totals and I have HFM on each machine, but can't figure out how to review my stats history.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
post #2 of 15
The GPU should get better PPD than that. Install MSI Afterburner and turn the clocks up. I have a 560ti Hawk that I ran at 1000 core for months on end... yours should do the same (or better).

The v7 questions, I have no idea. smile.gif
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1 View Post

The GPU should get better PPD than that. Install MSI Afterburner and turn the clocks up. I have a 560ti Hawk that I ran at 1000 core for months on end... yours should do the same (or better).
The v7 questions, I have no idea. smile.gif

I'm currently clocked at 1026 in AfterBurner and GPUZ show 1,147mhz. Ram is at 2,100. I've been folding stable at this setting for several days now. I find older threads showing to change configuration settings and such, but I'm not sure they still apply. I'm also wondering if I have to finish 10 WU's before I get any better results. I've also read references to that. And I definitely agree that I should be getting a lot more PPD. After all, that's why I bought this card!
post #4 of 15
I've never folded GPU on v7... only v6. Using that client, I could get between 16 and 22k. This is very old data, though wink.gif You've got it clocked high enough that it *should* be getting as good as it can get.

Maybe someone with v7 experience (or more current GPU folding experience) will chime in.

From the thread that z posted, it looks like GPU folding is gonna be getting a shake-up soon anyways. What you figure out today will change soon smile.gif
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1 View Post

I've never folded GPU on v7... only v6. Using that client, I could get between 16 and 22k. This is very old data, though wink.gif You've got it clocked high enough that it *should* be getting as good as it can get.
Maybe someone with v7 experience (or more current GPU folding experience) will chime in.
From the thread that z posted, it looks like GPU folding is gonna be getting a shake-up soon anyways. What you figure out today will change soon smile.gif

Soooo..... Should I just hold off on any changes then? And where can I find the post you're refering to?
post #6 of 15
post #7 of 15
Also, which WUs are you getting on v7? I know some of the ones I have been getting on my GTX 580 bring that thing down to 16-17k PPD, where it would normally be at 25-30k PPD.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127 View Post

Also, which WUs are you getting on v7? I know some of the ones I have been getting on my GTX 580 bring that thing down to 16-17k PPD, where it would normally be at 25-30k PPD.

7623,24, and 25 thus far. Won't start my fourth WU until noonish. I DID change my "opencl" and "cuda" indexes to 3. Maybe I'll get some of the good ones!
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thKor View Post

7623,24, and 25 thus far. Won't start my fourth WU until noonish. I DID change my "opencl" and "cuda" indexes to 3. Maybe I'll get some of the good ones!

Yeah, you should see an increase if you can get any of the 80xx WUs, some are higher than others, but all of them are better than the 76xx WUs.
post #10 of 15
You're roughly in line with what you should be getting on the 76xx WUs, those are slightly lower PPD but still need to be crunched. I have a pair of 460s folding at 850 core and I get roughly 10,721 PPD with a theoretical max of 11,461 PPD on those WU. Also, as a caveat, when some people report PPD, they report the theoretical max (assuming all your steps are folded with the minimum time frame) instead of the average or real estimate, which could lead to a further deviation from the numbers you're getting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Configuring GTX560 for Folding