Originally Posted by Sean Webster
Was there data on the drive before?
if not when how are you going to use the drive without making a new partition and formatting it? Also the drive needs to be GPT, not MBR.
Easy way to format the new drive if it is indeed new and has no data on it:
- Open the Start Menu, type diskpart, press Enter
- Type list disk, press Enter
- Type select disk X (where X is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter
- Type clean, press Enter
- Type Convert GPT, press Enter
- Type create partition primary, press Enter
- Type format quick fs=ntfs, press Enter
- Type assign, press Enter
- Type exit, press Enter
Wanna use it as a 2nd hd, I have an ssd to boot windows.
I will try what you said, can't now because I disconnected it and its installing updates...
I will send you a pm when I edit this Message so you can see it
EDIT: IT WORKS!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
The problem was that I installed windows on the ssd with the Hdd connected.....after I reinstalled with the hdd without connect it, and connected after installed, I could see it in the disk management!
so I click on "converto to gpt" from disk magement and then I opened the cmd and continued from the point 6, the one that you told me.........thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! now I have 2.76tb disk
!!Edited by jpopsuki - 10/22/12 at 9:44pm