Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 1408

post #14071 of 67357
Thread seems to have exploded by 10 pages or so since I last checked. Anyways, status update. Since I cleaned all the dust I could find out of the PSU, I was putting my PC under heavy use last night and it shut off again in the middle of play. I now think the problem may be from overheating. But what part shut the machine down, and why? Is it some automatic reaction to high temperatures or voltage variance? I can't picture the video card causing that. Basically the parts I feel could be doing this are the PSU, motherboard, or video card. It's still mostly a mystery though, other than the case feeling pretty hot when it happens.
The Death Star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 Various, all temp/ad hoc  LG BH14NS40 Noctua NH-D14  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate (retail) LG 22EN33 Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Silverstone ST1500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF-X Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Level 10 M Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
AudioAudio
Corsair SP2500 Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600 Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
The Death Star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 Various, all temp/ad hoc  LG BH14NS40 Noctua NH-D14  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate (retail) LG 22EN33 Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Silverstone ST1500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF-X Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Level 10 M Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
AudioAudio
Corsair SP2500 Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600 Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14072 of 67357
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockerFox View Post

Thread seems to have exploded by 10 pages or so since I last checked. Anyways, status update. Since I cleaned all the dust I could find out of the PSU, I was putting my PC under heavy use last night and it shut off again in the middle of play. I now think the problem may be from overheating. But what part shut the machine down, and why? Is it some automatic reaction to high temperatures or voltage variance? I can't picture the video card causing that. Basically the parts I feel could be doing this are the PSU, motherboard, or video card. It's still mostly a mystery though, other than the case feeling pretty hot when it happens.

how come u have got 1500w
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14073 of 67357
delete
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14074 of 67357
help
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14075 of 67357
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockerFox View Post

Thread seems to have exploded by 10 pages or so since I last checked. Anyways, status update. Since I cleaned all the dust I could find out of the PSU, I was putting my PC under heavy use last night and it shut off again in the middle of play. I now think the problem may be from overheating. But what part shut the machine down, and why? Is it some automatic reaction to high temperatures or voltage variance? I can't picture the video card causing that. Basically the parts I feel could be doing this are the PSU, motherboard, or video card. It's still mostly a mystery though, other than the case feeling pretty hot when it happens.

Overclocked or stock?

Have you monitored temps while stressing , using a program like Hardware monitor or Hardwareinfo?
Could use OCCT too , it will give you some good graphs of what is happening with temps and volts.
Great tool for the cpu detective.

You might want to double check your voltages to the ram and cpu /nb
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14076 of 67357
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Overclocked or stock?

Have you monitored temps while stressing , using a program like Hardware monitor or Hardwareinfo?
Could use OCCT too , it will give you some good graphs of what is happening with temps and volts.
Great tool for the cpu detective.

You might want to double check your voltages to the ram and cpu /nb

Overclocked to 4.9 Ghz.

I typically use the AMD overdrive suite, and MSI afterburner for GPU, though I don't do much with that one because I don't OC my graphics card. Is Hardware monitor any better? Hadn't heard of OCCT, maybe I'll give it a try. Worst case scenario, I install those, check the UI and features, and 3 minutes later I have them uninstalled.

CPU voltage is 1.525 or something, don't think there's anywhere in AOD or my other monitoring programs that shows it. I'll check again though. Ram is stock voltage, underclocked due to BIOS. NB is overclocked slightly, I did that to increase stability with the OC. I might reconsider that though, and return it to stock.
The Death Star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 Various, all temp/ad hoc  LG BH14NS40 Noctua NH-D14  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate (retail) LG 22EN33 Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Silverstone ST1500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF-X Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Level 10 M Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
AudioAudio
Corsair SP2500 Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600 Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
The Death Star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 Various, all temp/ad hoc  LG BH14NS40 Noctua NH-D14  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate (retail) LG 22EN33 Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Silverstone ST1500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF-X Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Level 10 M Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
AudioAudio
Corsair SP2500 Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600 Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14077 of 67357
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockerFox View Post

Overclocked to 4.9 Ghz.

I typically use the AMD overdrive suite, and MSI afterburner for GPU, though I don't do much with that one because I don't OC my graphics card. Is Hardware monitor any better? Hadn't heard of OCCT, maybe I'll give it a try. Worst case scenario, I install those, check the UI and features, and 3 minutes later I have them uninstalled.

CPU voltage is 1.525 or something, don't think there's anywhere in AOD or my other monitoring programs that shows it. I'll check again though. Ram is stock voltage, underclocked due to BIOS. NB is overclocked slightly, I did that to increase stability with the OC. I might reconsider that though, and return it to stock.

Too hot is my guess
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14078 of 67357
Use HWINFO64 it will be way better for the info you need.
post #14079 of 67357
And AOD does weird stuff. You may want to use software for your mobo. Like control enter for MSI
post #14080 of 67357
just got my 8350 now awaiting my formula z
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club