Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 1541

post #15401 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

In your profile scroll to bottom and ull see rigs smile.gif

Phewff, ok sig / rig done smile.gif

Thanks
post #15402 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrKag View Post

How do you get 2400 out of your NB? the best i can do is 2250. more then that and i start seeing BSOD. how much voltage should i give the NB to stabilize at 2400?

I had my NB @ 2800 in desperation to try and get more than 1866 out of my RAM, I just left the voltage on Auto at the time

EDIT - Currently have NB @ 2400 and HTLink @ 2600
Edited by magicdave26 - 6/2/13 at 4:18pm
post #15403 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicdave26 View Post

I had my NB @ 2800 in desperation to try and get more than 1866 out of my RAM, I just left the voltage on Auto at the time

EDIT - Currently have NB @ 2400 and HTLink @ 2600

NO you currently have cpu/nb @ 2400 rolleyes.gif HT link is fine smile.gif

Nice rig, you planning on watercoolign anytime soon?

unsure why you got problems with that ram and board.....
Edited by gertruude - 6/2/13 at 4:34pm
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15404 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

You have one dual-6 GPU, and a PSU with a single 62A 12v rail.

62 x 12 = 744w

2 6-pin = 150w.

Assume 100w of other things on the 12v rail (fans, MB, etc).

You are left over with 500w for the CPU alone.

You are not PSU limited. End of story.

Not trying to be rude here at all, but I am aware of the info listed above.
I did not mean to imply a 750w was not up to this task but rather my 3 yr old unit did in fact simply black out and was looking for help in locating the cause.
This is the first/only time I've witnessed a black out and am hoping to learn from others experiences what may have caused this. Since it's been a hot topic lately I figured it was alright to ask in this thread and I might get more informative reply's on what to look for.
Ryzen Build
(20 items)
 
 
Bruce
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x Crosshair VI Hero Diamond 7970 GSkill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Samsung 840 SSD Corsair GT SSD WD 2TB Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD 4TB Red EK-FB Asus C6H Monoblock XSPC GPU Razor WB XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RS 360 XSPC EX140 D5 Vario Gentle Typhoon AP-15 1850 rpm 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Asus VE248H x2 EVGA 850 G2 Xigmatek Elysium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6350 Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 GTX220 G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD 9-11-9-28... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro WD20EFRX 64M Red x4 raid 10 WD5001AALS Blk Asus DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 Evo R2 Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Asus  Logitech MK300 
PowerCase
Corsair HX500 Corsair 330R Titainium 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Build
(20 items)
 
 
Bruce
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x Crosshair VI Hero Diamond 7970 GSkill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Samsung 840 SSD Corsair GT SSD WD 2TB Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD 4TB Red EK-FB Asus C6H Monoblock XSPC GPU Razor WB XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RS 360 XSPC EX140 D5 Vario Gentle Typhoon AP-15 1850 rpm 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Asus VE248H x2 EVGA 850 G2 Xigmatek Elysium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6350 Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 GTX220 G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD 9-11-9-28... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro WD20EFRX 64M Red x4 raid 10 WD5001AALS Blk Asus DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 Evo R2 Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Asus  Logitech MK300 
PowerCase
Corsair HX500 Corsair 330R Titainium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15405 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicdave26 View Post

I had my NB @ 2800 in desperation to try and get more than 1866 out of my RAM, I just left the voltage on Auto at the time

EDIT - Currently have NB @ 2400 and HTLink @ 2600

What is your Ram situation like? From your sig it says 12GB? If you are running 2X2GB and 2X4GB modules, you'll want to make sure they are rated for the same timings and voltages. If they have different ratings, then you are fighting an uphill battle.

Your CPU/NB speed only has to be greater than or equal to your Ram speed to get it to run. As long as you have the proper settings and voltages for your ram and possibly a bump in CPU/NB voltages (1.2-1.3v) then you should be able to run them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post

Not trying to be rude here at all, but I am aware of the info listed above.
I did not mean to imply a 750w was not up to this task but rather my 3 yr old unit did in fact simply black out and was looking for help in locating the cause.
This is the first/only time I've witnessed a black out and am hoping to learn from others experiences what may have caused this. Since it's been a hot topic lately I figured it was alright to ask in this thread and I might get more informative reply's on what to look for.

What do you have the Current Capacities set for in the Digi Controls? It's possible you only hit the current limit that the vrms were set to.

I'm not aware of what kind of airflow you have around the VRM's but it might be possible they hit their temperature limit.

Edited: I decided to look at your sexy build pics and noticed the full board WCing. As long as its making contact with those components, I imagine you're go to go in that regard. thumb.gif

Do you use the Thermal Radar to verify that those components are getting proper cooling?
Edited by ComputerRestore - 6/2/13 at 4:49pm
post #15406 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

NO you currently have cpu/nb @ 2400 rolleyes.gif HT link is fine smile.gif

Nice rig, you planning on watercoolign anytime soon?

unsure why you got problems with that ram and board.....


Yea sorry CPU/NB, and thanks smile.gif Im planning on water cooling yea, this cooler has done me proud for years but is starting to struggle with the 8350s heat

Im not sure why Im having problems either, I was leaning towards bad RAM before it passed @ 1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerRestore View Post

What is your Ram situation like? From your sig it says 12GB? If you are running 2X2GB and 2X4GB modules, you'll want to make sure they are rated for the same timings and voltages. If they have different ratings, then you are fighting an uphill battle.

Your CPU/NB speed only has to be greater than or equal to your Ram speed to get it to run. As long as you have the proper settings and voltages for your ram and possibly a bump in CPU/NB voltages (1.2-1.3v) then you should be able to run them.
What do you have the Current Capacities set for in the Digi Controls? It's possible you only hit the current limit that the vrms were set to.

I have 2x2GB and 2x4GB yep, I've set the timings to the slowest RAMs rated timings of 11-11-11-30 which is the 2x4GB modules, the 2x2GBs are rated for 9-9-9-28 iirc, both sets are also rated for 1.5 and 1.6v, I have it set to 1.6v

So with my CPU/NB being 2400, then I should in theory have no problems running my RAM @ 2133 yet I get bluescreens which led me to run memtest86 and that gives me errors @2133, yet @ 1866 it passes

This is my Digi settings - I've also had both LLCs @ Extreme

post #15407 of 67338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

You have one dual-6 GPU, and a PSU with a single 62A 12v rail.

62 x 12 = 744w

2 6-pin = 150w.

Assume 100w of other things on the 12v rail (fans, MB, etc).

You are left over with 500w for the CPU alone.

You are not PSU limited. End of story.

Not trying to be rude here at all, but I am aware of the info listed above.
I did not mean to imply a 750w was not up to this task but rather my 3 yr old unit did in fact simply black out and was looking for help in locating the cause.
This is the first/only time I've witnessed a black out and am hoping to learn from others experiences what may have caused this. Since it's been a hot topic lately I figured it was alright to ask in this thread and I might get more informative reply's on what to look for.

So define "Blackout".

Did you trip a breaker? Did the computer shut down? Did the screen go black?
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15408 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

So define "Blackout".

Did you trip a breaker? Did the computer shut down? Did the screen go black?
Exact same thing happened to me at 5.0. After 25-30sec of benching screen goes black and reboots. No blue screen.
post #15409 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerRestore View Post

What is your Ram situation like? From your sig it says 12GB? If you are running 2X2GB and 2X4GB modules, you'll want to make sure they are rated for the same timings and voltages. If they have different ratings, then you are fighting an uphill battle.

Your CPU/NB speed only has to be greater than or equal to your Ram speed to get it to run. As long as you have the proper settings and voltages for your ram and possibly a bump in CPU/NB voltages (1.2-1.3v) then you should be able to run them.
What do you have the Current Capacities set for in the Digi Controls? It's possible you only hit the current limit that the vrms were set to.

I'm not aware of what kind of airflow you have around the VRM's but it might be possible they hit their temperature limit.

Edited: I decided to look at your sexy build pics and noticed the full board WCing. As long as its making contact with those components, I imagine you're go to go in that regard. thumb.gif

Do you use the Thermal Radar to verify that those components are getting proper cooling?

I use Opt temp probes to verify here is what it was running at



Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

So define "Blackout".

Did you trip a breaker? Did the computer shut down? Did the screen go black?

The pc shut down completely. Only thing left on were the mobo led that normally run when it's shut off.
No warnings ( such as acting strange) just a normal standard IBT test running and bam, just as if the power went out.
This happened while making small increases to vcore to see if 5047MHz was even a possibility with stability.
Ryzen Build
(20 items)
 
 
Bruce
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x Crosshair VI Hero Diamond 7970 GSkill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Samsung 840 SSD Corsair GT SSD WD 2TB Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD 4TB Red EK-FB Asus C6H Monoblock XSPC GPU Razor WB XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RS 360 XSPC EX140 D5 Vario Gentle Typhoon AP-15 1850 rpm 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Asus VE248H x2 EVGA 850 G2 Xigmatek Elysium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6350 Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 GTX220 G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD 9-11-9-28... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro WD20EFRX 64M Red x4 raid 10 WD5001AALS Blk Asus DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 Evo R2 Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Asus  Logitech MK300 
PowerCase
Corsair HX500 Corsair 330R Titainium 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Build
(20 items)
 
 
Bruce
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x Crosshair VI Hero Diamond 7970 GSkill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Samsung 840 SSD Corsair GT SSD WD 2TB Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD 4TB Red EK-FB Asus C6H Monoblock XSPC GPU Razor WB XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RS 360 XSPC EX140 D5 Vario Gentle Typhoon AP-15 1850 rpm 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Asus VE248H x2 EVGA 850 G2 Xigmatek Elysium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6350 Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 GTX220 G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD 9-11-9-28... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro WD20EFRX 64M Red x4 raid 10 WD5001AALS Blk Asus DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 Evo R2 Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Asus  Logitech MK300 
PowerCase
Corsair HX500 Corsair 330R Titainium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15410 of 67338
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post

I use Opt temp probes to verify here is what it was running at


The pc shut down completely. Only thing left on were the mobo led that normally run when it's shut off.
No warnings ( such as acting strange) just a normal standard IBT test running and bam, just as if the power went out.
This happened while making small increases to vcore to see if 5047MHz was even a possibility with stability.
Seemed same as mine. Figured I ran out of power, what it seemed like.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club