Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 1569

post #15681 of 67375
haha why?

i am not joking they perform pretty good, 2.94mm/H20 and 69.69CFM is not bad for a fan that costs half of what the sp120 costs and 3.1 or 2.94, honestly you will not even noticed it.
But the corsair ones must have much better build quality due to its price.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15682 of 67375
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Fuego View Post

Just got 8350 from micro center and a WD black 1tb
Fx for 179.99 and the WD for 89

Congrats! Welcome to the club! thumb.gif What are you going to be cooling it with?
Ryzen 912
(16 items)
 
Black n Blue
(33 items)
 
Blue Beetle
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 912
(16 items)
 
Black n Blue
(33 items)
 
Blue Beetle
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15683 of 67375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

haha why?

i am not joking they perform pretty good, 2.94mm/H20 and 69.69CFM is not bad for a fan that costs half of what the sp120 costs and 3.1 or 2.94, honestly you will not even noticed it.
But the corsair ones must have much better build quality due to its price.


dude watever they say it has it doesnt have lol

How can i put this niicely, here goes, i happen to know a bit about airflow and cooling.

i have the Haf X

4 x200mm megaflow fans front side and 2 up top
5 sp120 high performance fans on rad and 1 xspc fan they didnt have 6 sp120's thats why 1 odd tongue.gif
1 x1400 exhaust fan

and 1 sickleflow fan blowing on gfx gards with the same stats as u.

They do NOT perform as a rad fan

Can you try and understand what i and kyadck are saying please
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15684 of 67375
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

dude watever they say it has it doesnt have lol

How can i put this niicely, here goes, i happen to know a bit about airflow and cooling.

i have the Haf X

4 x200mm megaflow fans front side and 2 up top
5 sp120 high performance fans on rad and 1 xspc fan they didnt have 6 sp120's thats why 1 odd tongue.gif
1 x1400 exhaust fan

and 1 sickleflow fan blowing on gfx gards with the same stats as u.

They do NOT perform as a rad fan

Can you try and understand what i and kyadck are saying please
they work but not the greatest. You need push pull on them to really do any good
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15685 of 67375
Yes i do understand what you are trying to say and if you are saying that the corsair fans are better build i would say yes to that,

but performance wise they are pretty much identical, they really are maybe it sounds that i am bashing on your stuff but i am not, i am only saying that i have seen several reviews that will claim the same thing, i am not starting a war or any fight here but i tried them and several other people too and they perform pretty good.

here are few people that actually tried them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7xjUgasRiY

IF we are talking about build quality than the CM sickle flows are not very good, but we are talking about performance here.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15686 of 67375
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

they work but not the greatest. You need push pull on them to really do any good

i still wouldnt use them, if you had 1 of each and actually had them on in front of your own face you would know what i mean
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

Yes i do understand what you are trying to say and if you are saying that the corsair fans are better build i would say yes to that,

but performance wise they are pretty much identical, they really are maybe it sounds that i am bashing on your stuff but i am not, i am only saying that i have seen several reviews that will claim the same thing, i am not starting a war or any fight here but i tried them and several other people too and they perform pretty good.

here are few people that actually tried them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7xjUgasRiY

IF we are talking about build quality than the CM sickle flows are not very good, but we are talking about performance here.

No fella, i say again performance wise they are not identical

why is everything hard work with you. Every bloody time and i swear you just do it on purpose

The trash you type is nonsense
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15687 of 67375
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

I'll write it up as a miscommunication.

A good batch is not what can OC best, it's what can OC within better parameters on average. If we were to say "OC best" then whoever got that 8.3ish with all 8 cores (LN2, obviously) would have the best batch ever. Obviously one chip can never define a batch.

As for center of the wafer... guy's nuts. Intel includes wafer location in their batch ID, AMD does not. The chip has a Batch number, Serial number, and 2D barcode of that Serial number. That's it. I wouldn't be checking the barcode on a bag of lettuce to see where it was grown in the field. tongue.gif

Of course there is absolutely no way to know for AMD chips what part of wafer they came from. Theoretically a chip from the center of a wafer should have better characteristics than a chip near edge of wafer.
post #15688 of 67375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorhi View Post

Congrats! Welcome to the club! thumb.gif What are you going to be cooling it with?

thanks, I was looking for H220 today, but they are out of stock so, I think i'll wait till i find one, for now i'll just leave them stock and use the included heatsink/fan,
is it true that H220 is better than H110 ? or that's just fanboys talk ?
I like the flexibility of the H220 but it cost more and i cant find it anywhere!
and i like the H110, because it's bigger, cheaper and from what i've seen in the reviews it cools a bit better.
FXy
(20 items)
 
Surf-Pro
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core i5-3317u Microsoft Surface pro intel HD graphics 4000 4gb ddr3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
samsung ssd windows 8.1 pro 10.6 multi touch cover touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon ll X4 635 Foxconn 785G AM3 Radion HD 4200 4Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
wd 750 GB SATA 3 7200 rpm HP SuperMulti DVD Burner Windows 7 Home premium 64bit Viewsonic 21" 
  hide details  
Reply
FXy
(20 items)
 
Surf-Pro
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core i5-3317u Microsoft Surface pro intel HD graphics 4000 4gb ddr3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
samsung ssd windows 8.1 pro 10.6 multi touch cover touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon ll X4 635 Foxconn 785G AM3 Radion HD 4200 4Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
wd 750 GB SATA 3 7200 rpm HP SuperMulti DVD Burner Windows 7 Home premium 64bit Viewsonic 21" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15689 of 67375
Well that is pretty strange because all people who tested those fans claim the same thing and you are saying it isn't performing rolleyes.gif

I mean i tested them myself on my rad and they perform pretty good to be honest.

Don't get me wrong tho, but if you think i am wrong than proof me wrong and provide some information i can work with, and if you do know more about fans and airflow maybe you can provide some more information on it so we can learn from it instead of saying it is nonsense because i can't do nothing with that kind of answer.

The specs of these fans are almost identical so i do not see why the corsair ones should perform that much better, on a test i provided here shows that the difference is not even 1degree Celsius.

So explain if you will thumb.gif
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15690 of 67375
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

I'll write it up as a miscommunication.

A good batch is not what can OC best, it's what can OC within better parameters on average. If we were to say "OC best" then whoever got that 8.3ish with all 8 cores (LN2, obviously) would have the best batch ever. Obviously one chip can never define a batch.

As for center of the wafer... guy's nuts. Intel includes wafer location in their batch ID, AMD does not. The chip has a Batch number, Serial number, and 2D barcode of that Serial number. That's it. I wouldn't be checking the barcode on a bag of lettuce to see where it was grown in the field. tongue.gif

Of course there is absolutely no way to know for AMD chips what part of wafer they came from. Theoretically a chip from the center of a wafer should have better characteristics than a chip near edge of wafer.

Hey Os,

thats interesting I had not heard that before. As I understand it the critical part of OC'ing ability and the 'leakiness or not of the silicon is in the immersion lithography process and gate length consistency. What makes the center of the wafer have better characteristics in that respect?
(now we are getting into the geeky stuff) hehe thumb.gif
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club