Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 2623

post #26221 of 63627
Is it possible to sli a 9800 gtx and one of the more modern Video cards? is it even worth it? Still wondering about this his iceqs as well tongue.gif
smoke
(11 items)
 
Alimony
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS 990fx sabertooth HIS IceQ Boost 280x Team Group Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 Professional ASUS 144hz 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master i600 Antec 900 2013 Razer Death Adder 
CPUMotherboardMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 3610QM GE60 0NC-006US GE60 0NC-006US Nvidia 650m 
RAMOS
16GB Windows 7 Professional 
  hide details  
Reply
smoke
(11 items)
 
Alimony
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS 990fx sabertooth HIS IceQ Boost 280x Team Group Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 Professional ASUS 144hz 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master i600 Antec 900 2013 Razer Death Adder 
CPUMotherboardMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 3610QM GE60 0NC-006US GE60 0NC-006US Nvidia 650m 
RAMOS
16GB Windows 7 Professional 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26222 of 63627
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IIRC 270x=7870 (NON XT), 280=7870xt/7950,280x=7970. 7870xt would be good if you can get a decent deal on one. Or even get lucky and get a pair for less:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-PowerColor-PCS-MYST-7870XT-Tahiti-LE-With-Arctic-Accelero-TT-II-Coolers-/331068658556?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item4d153ad37c

26 min left if you get on it im sure it will out-perform a single 280x tongue.gif. Must have better psu though.

But even still probably better in the long run to get the 280x and upgrade to xfire 280x in the future. More expandability.

Are some good deals on those 7870xt though, certainly going for cheap in comparison to just a couple months ago.

post thought:

if that pair of 7870xt with aftermarket coolers dont go for more then $300 im gonna cry for buying my card lol.

As i typed that the price hit 300 exactly 13 min left. I feel a little better lol.

$305 to close tongue.gif ... so you feel JUST better? haha
post #26223 of 63627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglar View Post

No its a real rep, how can i prove it?

if its real it wasnt from me and i assure you someone who is a mod can tell you where it came from thumb.gif . Likely someone was giving you rep because they agree and dont like me and claimed i was in that video or something. Prolly d!nky tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyg View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IIRC 270x=7870 (NON XT), 280=7870xt/7950,280x=7970. 7870xt would be good if you can get a decent deal on one. Or even get lucky and get a pair for less:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-PowerColor-PCS-MYST-7870XT-Tahiti-LE-With-Arctic-Accelero-TT-II-Coolers-/331068658556?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item4d153ad37c

26 min left if you get on it im sure it will out-perform a single 280x tongue.gif. Must have better psu though.

But even still probably better in the long run to get the 280x and upgrade to xfire 280x in the future. More expandability.

Are some good deals on those 7870xt though, certainly going for cheap in comparison to just a couple months ago.

post thought:

if that pair of 7870xt with aftermarket coolers dont go for more then $300 im gonna cry for buying my card lol.

As i typed that the price hit 300 exactly 13 min left. I feel a little better lol.

$305 to close tongue.gif ... so you feel JUST better? haha

LOL nice yeah i kinda do. I had a good guess tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by matada View Post

I actually changed it right after I built the loop. Never took a new pic. my camera is terribad. I thought my SSD was bad because of random 30-60 second freezes. got the gigabyte and have yet to have a non user created freeze. Oc's nice too :3. sofar only bumped it 300mhz.

yeah im sure it was the MSI board's wacky vcore doing it to you. it did it to me thats for sure tongue.gif and yours was even older model then mine so im sure it had even more problems tongue.gif. As Kyad mentioned which revision can certainly make a big difference. For your sake i hope you got a new one thats rev4 or a older used one thats rev 1.x.. Otherwise you might be in for a new onslaught of headaches tongue.gif. There seem to be alot of querks with these 990fx boards pretty much no matter which brand/board you get. Usually in the end has good results but may have some trouble getting there tongue.gif. Even the rev3 has its moments if properly tuned and not looking for a major OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post

I appreciate the fact you've tried to give me advice twice now. The problem is each time your answers didn't add up to what I was asking and I believe the first one was almost as ignorant as you could get to someone looking for help. There is an obvious difference between many of these cards besides the "Just get the one you like the looks of"

Then you went on to recommend a card I just told you I will not be buying.

Now onwards.

Why the hate for the HIS IceQ? I had someone else tell me it was a good card and I've looked around at reviews, the turbo boost card was able to achieve a nice overclock and I thought they had one of the best nonwatercooled stock coolers? If I'm wrong then I will definately just go ahead and get the MSI with a base clock of 850 and see how far I can take it, but if $10-30 gets me a better card that will overclock better and not give me a hassle with heat, I'm all in.

I'm not prepared for sli/crossfire currently and that auction was at $305 when I looked. I may be upgrading the power supply but I was going to hold out until I get my sabertooth which I believe will fix my hard lockups at 5ghz.

Thanks again to all trying to help respectfully.

The 2 main reasons Id pick the MSI over the his.

1. Warranty is 3 years with MSI vs 2 years with HIS. Plus they dont fix cards/mobos at MSI they just send you a new one (I dont have any personal experience with HIS so IDK there). So if its broke you get a brand new 3 year warranty. Which is always from manufacturer date so you can buy used MSI within warranty and never worry. HIS Requires purchase receipt.

2. MSI created MSI AB which is the most renown software for tweaking gpu. As far as i know most HIS cards are voltage locked (please correct me if im wrong). Hawk has Multi-voltage control I am still trying to find info on the gaming edition it MIGHT not but i doubt it would have less control then the his.

correction:

Yes the gaming edition atleast has core and memory volt control:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/10/28/msi_r9_280x_gaming_video_card_review/3
I cant find info on the HIS 280x but the HIS 7970 appears to be voltage unlocked so i assume the 280x would be the same (if not flash it to a 7970 bios BAM its unlocked tongue.gif):
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/10/08/his_radeon_hd_7970_x_turbo_video_card_review/3

So really the only reason so go MSI>HIS would be the warranty. Both have hynix memory (which is good). Both have a decent cooler. Both seem to be voltage unlocked. The HIS does seem to do better based on this:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/his_radeon_r9_280x_iceq_x2_turbo_review,26.html

But really its hard saying where you could take the MSI aswell (i dont trust alot of websites results unless you pull multiple similar results together which is hard to find at the moment). Due to the cost factor IMO the MSI is a better option. If you dont mind going $30 might aswell go $50 and get the sapphire toxic as it is almost worth it tongue.gif. Otherwise I dont think the HIS is worth it due to warranty + cost more then anything.

HIS warranty:
http://www.hisdigital.com/us/support-71.shtml

MSI:
http://us.msi.com/service/warranty/

All in all ive been very happy with MSI warranty service. Sadly I have had to use it so thats not really a good thing either, but they returned new products both times in a timely manor without question. So I am happy to vouch for them as far as products go I can also vouch for the cooler as its the same cooler my gpu uses. I would have preferred a triple fan like the toxic or windforce (just dont like gigabyte there cards are IMO always 50/50 tongue.gif) but im pretty happy with the twinfrozr4. I am sure there is a couple HIS users that can tell you how it performs or if its worth the extra 10-30. But either way 1 year extra warranty and still basically the same cooler (within similar OC limits im sure) gives MSI the edge IMO.


SUBJECT CHANGE

I keep editing this post but noone posts after me and I dont want to flood the forum lol. So I had a thought about my problems FSB overclocking. I ended up leaving my northbridge multi at x11 (Stock) and pushing FSB back to 222 (which was unstable at x10). The reason I did this even though x10 was unstable at a lower closer to stock clock. Is because I remembered northbridge not working at x12 multi no matter what I did previously. So sure enough at like 2435 (cant remember exact number dont want to do math) northbridge i was able to run IBT all the way through 10 runs then for some reason the very last run returned a high answer (normally 3 returned a 7) and said it was unstable.

So even though it wasnt stable it still didnt hard freeze. I have a feeling there was something else unstable im sure i could have found it if i really tried. But I went back up to 230+ and it wouldnt boot into windows would bsod after password input. Im guessing my northbridge doesnt overclock well or my ram is having some troubles. dont really know what to think anymore but atleast i stopped the hard freezing. Im guessing x10 multi aswell as x12 for northbridge fail on mine no matter what.

After all that I decided to go back to 213, push my ram back down to stock timings (9-9-9-24-33-C2) with ram volts at 1.66 (Reason i do this is 1.65 droops down to 1.63 no matter what clock im at and is still stable but hovers between 1.63-1.65, but 1.66 RARELY droops to 1.64 but stays at 1.66 consistantly), and pushed my htlink back to stock multi (x13) and I am back to stable for IBT atleast. Dont think ill turn p95 on till I get a 3rd fan though tongue.gif :

Ill probably keep pushing it till it crashes keeping my cpu in the 4.62-4.68 range. But atleast my HTLink is finally back above stock and northbridge + ram have a slight OC. IBT was also more consistant and ran smoother then normal so we will see how it goes 213 might be the sweet spot tongue.gif
Edited by dmfree88 - 11/19/13 at 2:08am
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26224 of 63627
Quote:
Originally Posted by matada View Post

FX 8320
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (unknown revision)
stock clocked.... for now.

Watercooled

Looks like your Acrylic has seen better days mate.wink.gif But nice build. What revision Giga board are you using?
GHOST rev 3.0
(27 items)
 
THINGY (DEAD)
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.95GHz 1.475V 2700MHz NB/2700MHz... ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 2x Sapphire R9-Fury Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 2133 4x4GB @ 2020 9-9-10-24 1CR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint HD502HI 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC X20 750 pump 3x CoolerMaster Storm Force 200's 2x EK-FC Fury X fullcovers EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK-FC Fury X Backplates XSPC Raystorm CPU Block XSPC EX280 radiator XSPC EX360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x CoolerMaster Jetflo's 120mm 6x Aercool Sharkfan's 140mm Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit LG E2341V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Ryos MK Glow Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1300W NZXT Phantom 820 Black Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razor Goliathus Control GX Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 Genius GX Cavimanus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 2 X4 645 MSI 990FXA-GD65 2x ATI 5770 1GB  Corsair Vengeance LP 8Gb (4Gb X2) 1640Mhz 9-8-7... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD502HI and Samsung HD502IJ LG DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 home premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2341V Microsoft Wired 600 FSP ATX 700-82GHN Aerocool PGS-V series VX-9 Pro Battle Edition 
MouseAudio
Verbatim Rapier V2 Creative SBS 370 
  hide details  
Reply
GHOST rev 3.0
(27 items)
 
THINGY (DEAD)
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.95GHz 1.475V 2700MHz NB/2700MHz... ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 2x Sapphire R9-Fury Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 2133 4x4GB @ 2020 9-9-10-24 1CR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint HD502HI 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC X20 750 pump 3x CoolerMaster Storm Force 200's 2x EK-FC Fury X fullcovers EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK-FC Fury X Backplates XSPC Raystorm CPU Block XSPC EX280 radiator XSPC EX360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x CoolerMaster Jetflo's 120mm 6x Aercool Sharkfan's 140mm Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit LG E2341V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Ryos MK Glow Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1300W NZXT Phantom 820 Black Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razor Goliathus Control GX Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 Genius GX Cavimanus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 2 X4 645 MSI 990FXA-GD65 2x ATI 5770 1GB  Corsair Vengeance LP 8Gb (4Gb X2) 1640Mhz 9-8-7... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD502HI and Samsung HD502IJ LG DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 home premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2341V Microsoft Wired 600 FSP ATX 700-82GHN Aerocool PGS-V series VX-9 Pro Battle Edition 
MouseAudio
Verbatim Rapier V2 Creative SBS 370 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26225 of 63627
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfree88 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglar View Post

No its a real rep, how can i prove it?

if its real it wasnt from me and i assure you someone who is a mod can tell you where it came from thumb.gif . Likely someone was giving you rep because they agree and dont like me and claimed i was in that video or something. Prolly d!nky tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyg View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IIRC 270x=7870 (NON XT), 280=7870xt/7950,280x=7970. 7870xt would be good if you can get a decent deal on one. Or even get lucky and get a pair for less:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-PowerColor-PCS-MYST-7870XT-Tahiti-LE-With-Arctic-Accelero-TT-II-Coolers-/331068658556?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item4d153ad37c

26 min left if you get on it im sure it will out-perform a single 280x tongue.gif. Must have better psu though.

But even still probably better in the long run to get the 280x and upgrade to xfire 280x in the future. More expandability.

Are some good deals on those 7870xt though, certainly going for cheap in comparison to just a couple months ago.

post thought:

if that pair of 7870xt with aftermarket coolers dont go for more then $300 im gonna cry for buying my card lol.

As i typed that the price hit 300 exactly 13 min left. I feel a little better lol.

$305 to close tongue.gif ... so you feel JUST better? haha

LOL nice yeah i kinda do. I had a good guess tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by matada View Post

I actually changed it right after I built the loop. Never took a new pic. my camera is terribad. I thought my SSD was bad because of random 30-60 second freezes. got the gigabyte and have yet to have a non user created freeze. Oc's nice too :3. sofar only bumped it 300mhz.

yeah im sure it was the MSI board's wacky vcore doing it to you. it did it to me thats for sure tongue.gif and yours was even older model then mine so im sure it had even more problems tongue.gif. As Kyad mentioned which revision can certainly make a big difference. For your sake i hope you got a new one thats rev4 or a older used one thats rev 1.x.. Otherwise you might be in for a new onslaught of headaches tongue.gif. There seem to be alot of querks with these 990fx boards pretty much no matter which brand/board you get. Usually in the end has good results but may have some trouble getting there tongue.gif. Even the rev3 has its moments if properly tuned and not looking for a major OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post

I appreciate the fact you've tried to give me advice twice now. The problem is each time your answers didn't add up to what I was asking and I believe the first one was almost as ignorant as you could get to someone looking for help. There is an obvious difference between many of these cards besides the "Just get the one you like the looks of"

Then you went on to recommend a card I just told you I will not be buying.

Now onwards.

Why the hate for the HIS IceQ? I had someone else tell me it was a good card and I've looked around at reviews, the turbo boost card was able to achieve a nice overclock and I thought they had one of the best nonwatercooled stock coolers? If I'm wrong then I will definately just go ahead and get the MSI with a base clock of 850 and see how far I can take it, but if $10-30 gets me a better card that will overclock better and not give me a hassle with heat, I'm all in.

I'm not prepared for sli/crossfire currently and that auction was at $305 when I looked. I may be upgrading the power supply but I was going to hold out until I get my sabertooth which I believe will fix my hard lockups at 5ghz.

Thanks again to all trying to help respectfully.

The 2 main reasons Id pick the MSI over the his.

1. Warranty is 3 years with MSI vs 2 years with HIS. Plus they dont fix cards/mobos at MSI they just send you a new one (I dont have any personal experience with HIS so IDK there). So if its broke you get a brand new 3 year warranty. Which is always from manufacturer date so you can buy used MSI within warranty and never worry. HIS Requires purchase receipt.

2. MSI created MSI AB which is the most renown software for tweaking gpu. As far as i know most HIS cards are voltage locked (please correct me if im wrong). Hawk has Multi-voltage control I am still trying to find info on the gaming edition it MIGHT not but i doubt it would have less control then the his.

correction:

Yes the gaming edition atleast has core and memory volt control:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/10/28/msi_r9_280x_gaming_video_card_review/3
I cant find info on the HIS 280x but the HIS 7970 appears to be voltage unlocked so i assume the 280x would be the same (if not flash it to a 7970 bios BAM its unlocked tongue.gif):
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/10/08/his_radeon_hd_7970_x_turbo_video_card_review/3

So really the only reason so go MSI>HIS would be the warranty. Both have hynix memory (which is good). Both have a decent cooler. Both seem to be voltage unlocked. The HIS does seem to do better based on this:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/his_radeon_r9_280x_iceq_x2_turbo_review,26.html

But really its hard saying where you could take the MSI aswell (i dont trust alot of websites results unless you pull multiple similar results together which is hard to find at the moment). Due to the cost factor IMO the MSI is a better option. If you dont mind going $30 might aswell go $50 and get the sapphire toxic as it is almost worth it tongue.gif. Otherwise I dont think the HIS is worth it due to warranty + cost more then anything.

HIS warranty:
http://www.hisdigital.com/us/support-71.shtml

MSI:
http://us.msi.com/service/warranty/

All in all ive been very happy with MSI warranty service. Sadly I have had to use it so thats not really a good thing either, but they returned new products both times in a timely manor without question. So I am happy to vouch for them as far as products go I can also vouch for the cooler as its the same cooler my gpu uses. I would have preferred a triple fan like the toxic or windforce (just dont like gigabyte there cards are IMO always 50/50 tongue.gif) but im pretty happy with the twinfrozr4. I am sure there is a couple HIS users that can tell you how it performs or if its worth the extra 10-30. But either way 1 year extra warranty and still basically the same cooler (within similar OC limits im sure) gives MSI the edge IMO.


SUBJECT CHANGE

I keep editing this post but noone posts after me and I dont want to flood the forum lol. So I had a thought about my problems FSB overclocking. I ended up leaving my northbridge multi at x11 (Stock) and pushing FSB back to 222 (which was unstable at x10). The reason I did this even though x10 was unstable at a lower closer to stock clock. Is because I remembered northbridge not working at x12 multi no matter what I did previously. So sure enough at like 2435 (cant remember exact number dont want to do math) northbridge i was able to run IBT all the way through 10 runs then for some reason the very last run returned a high answer (normally 3 returned a 7) and said it was unstable.

So even though it wasnt stable it still didnt hard freeze. I have a feeling there was something else unstable im sure i could have found it if i really tried. But I went back up to 230+ and it wouldnt boot into windows would bsod after password input. Im guessing my northbridge doesnt overclock well or my ram is having some troubles. dont really know what to think anymore but atleast i stopped the hard freezing. Im guessing x10 multi aswell as x12 for northbridge fail on mine no matter what.

After all that I decided to go back to 213, push my ram back down to stock timings (9-9-9-24-33-C2) with ram volts at 1.66 (Reason i do this is 1.65 droops down to 1.63 no matter what clock im at and is still stable but hovers between 1.63-1.65, but 1.66 RARELY droops to 1.64 but stays at 1.66 consistantly), and pushed my htlink back to stock multi (x13) and I am back to stable for IBT atleast. Dont think ill turn p95 on till I get a 3rd fan though tongue.gif :

Ill probably keep pushing it till it crashes keeping my cpu in the 4.62-4.68 range. But atleast my HTLink is finally back above stock and northbridge + ram have a slight OC. IBT was also more consistant and ran smoother then normal so we will see how it goes 213 might be the sweet spot tongue.gif
Dammit I can't remember how to spoiler....lachen.gif

Anyway I would also choose MSI for this very reason. I have also had very good experience MSI. I will always use MSI from now on simply because of their voltage unlocking with Afterburner. However I would always choose their higher models like Power Edition or Hawk or Gaming because of good power control components like VRM's and stuff. Lightning editions are a bit excessive IMHO. And because of most of the voltage options being unlocked I am sure MSI cards turn into beasts with more exotic cooling like water.

Someone said they had a 3900MHz or something like that OC on the HT bus. Do you see performance gain? Are you just trying to increase your PCI-E bandwidth?
GHOST rev 3.0
(27 items)
 
THINGY (DEAD)
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.95GHz 1.475V 2700MHz NB/2700MHz... ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 2x Sapphire R9-Fury Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 2133 4x4GB @ 2020 9-9-10-24 1CR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint HD502HI 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC X20 750 pump 3x CoolerMaster Storm Force 200's 2x EK-FC Fury X fullcovers EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK-FC Fury X Backplates XSPC Raystorm CPU Block XSPC EX280 radiator XSPC EX360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x CoolerMaster Jetflo's 120mm 6x Aercool Sharkfan's 140mm Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit LG E2341V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Ryos MK Glow Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1300W NZXT Phantom 820 Black Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razor Goliathus Control GX Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 Genius GX Cavimanus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 2 X4 645 MSI 990FXA-GD65 2x ATI 5770 1GB  Corsair Vengeance LP 8Gb (4Gb X2) 1640Mhz 9-8-7... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD502HI and Samsung HD502IJ LG DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 home premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2341V Microsoft Wired 600 FSP ATX 700-82GHN Aerocool PGS-V series VX-9 Pro Battle Edition 
MouseAudio
Verbatim Rapier V2 Creative SBS 370 
  hide details  
Reply
GHOST rev 3.0
(27 items)
 
THINGY (DEAD)
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.95GHz 1.475V 2700MHz NB/2700MHz... ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 2x Sapphire R9-Fury Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 2133 4x4GB @ 2020 9-9-10-24 1CR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint HD502HI 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC X20 750 pump 3x CoolerMaster Storm Force 200's 2x EK-FC Fury X fullcovers EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK-FC Fury X Backplates XSPC Raystorm CPU Block XSPC EX280 radiator XSPC EX360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x CoolerMaster Jetflo's 120mm 6x Aercool Sharkfan's 140mm Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit LG E2341V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Ryos MK Glow Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1300W NZXT Phantom 820 Black Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razor Goliathus Control GX Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 Genius GX Cavimanus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 2 X4 645 MSI 990FXA-GD65 2x ATI 5770 1GB  Corsair Vengeance LP 8Gb (4Gb X2) 1640Mhz 9-8-7... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD502HI and Samsung HD502IJ LG DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 home premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2341V Microsoft Wired 600 FSP ATX 700-82GHN Aerocool PGS-V series VX-9 Pro Battle Edition 
MouseAudio
Verbatim Rapier V2 Creative SBS 370 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26226 of 63627
@dmfree leave me out of it man, I don't know what youre up to. but all ive seen is you provoke, and initiate attacks on this thread.

and its funny that you bash people for spelling when in an argument but your oc guide is full of them

like I said don't bring me into it.
Edited by d1nky - 11/19/13 at 3:02am
post #26227 of 63627
for spelling? what are you even referring to? and i was joking because i knew you hated me for no reason as-well hence the "tongue.gif". When do I ever provoke anything but with rude people who dont have any respect for the people who ask questions on here?

Good for you d1nky glad you made it by to add to the non-sense. drunken.gif

If you agree with the way hes acting then you deserve to fall into the same trollish category. I have seen you MORE then enough times do similar attacks on people but generally atleast back it up with some knowledge. Not that I like you any better doesnt mean I was attacking or provoking a fight. But the truth is YOU have been rude to me regularly aswell with snide remarks like "thats the smartest thing ive seen you say in some time" or instead of correcting me earlier about the hynix/elpida thing you simply say "dafuq" and then act like im an idiot. RIGHT after i said "I may have had them backwards", aswell as stating in the original post that "it may have just been luck of the draw". So in what way would you say thats not provoking and i havent said a word until now because YOU are now attacking me over a joking remark to YOUR rude attacks.

Also why bring my guide into this like its a horrible guide due to spelling? I have been off and on refining it and it says AT THE TOP IN BOLD I am doing so. So again its just you being a troll like he is. Why am I the target? Because I point it out and dont allow you or others to treat me OR others like that. Its ridiculous that you think your better then everyone or something and because of it you can be rude? OR because you know something that someone else doesn't you can treat them like an idiot? You may know alot about PCs but you have alot to learn about respect maybe even more-so then onglar since you have so much knowledge to give and choose to give it in such ways.

I try to respect you because you do know alot that I don't and have given me reasonable arguments aswell as good information. I dont deny that but from day one I would say you have not acted mature about it towards anyone.

This is also not the start of an argument im done speaking with both of you on the subject and never meant to involve you to begin with sorry for even mentioning your name. But you both know im right and if you wont admit it your just too immature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

Dammit I can't remember how to spoiler....lachen.gif

Anyway I would also choose MSI for this very reason. I have also had very good experience MSI. I will always use MSI from now on simply because of their voltage unlocking with Afterburner. However I would always choose their higher models like Power Edition or Hawk or Gaming because of good power control components like VRM's and stuff. Lightning editions are a bit excessive IMHO. And because of most of the voltage options being unlocked I am sure MSI cards turn into beasts with more exotic cooling like water.

Someone said they had a 3900MHz or something like that OC on the HT bus. Do you see performance gain? Are you just trying to increase your PCI-E bandwidth?

I am not sure where my performance gain came from really. The ram got a slight boost, the northbridge got a slight boost and the htlink got a boost aswell. Actually even the cpu cause now its at a higher 4.68 vs 4.64. So i saw a performance gain but it really came from across the board tongue.gif. My original goal was to see if I could even overclock my northbridge since it wasnt even capable of a single step up in multiplier it would boot and windows aero would fail everytime. With FSB overclock Windows aero never failed even at over 2500 northbridge and unstable
Edited by dmfree88 - 11/19/13 at 3:47am
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26228 of 63627
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhiteRX7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man 
almost my ht is 3900

Beast... how much of a difference that alone actually make? Ill try stepping up the ht later. Mmmmm

Lol I'm on mobile totally messed up that quote

unknown still i dont think it will make a huge difference. but it is nice to brag about lol !
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post

Is it possible to sli a 9800 gtx and one of the more modern Video cards? is it even worth it? Still wondering about this his iceqs as well tongue.gif

no

but you will love a new card !~

side note x12 cpu/nb multi is broke on rev3 and 4 giga boards ....
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26229 of 63627
Im on rev 1.1 its still broke tongue.gif apparently so is x10.. atleast for me
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26230 of 63627
I don't hate you, I just don't like the massive posts of retaliation. dafuq, wasn't aimed at you but a whole page of people thinking elpida is better than Hynix or sammies.

anyway im involved in comps and hwbot team on TPU, part of that is a 5ghz superpi 32M challenge.

Im not competing but would love people to have a look, or post on here their best 5ghz superpi 32M biggrin.gif

also on hwbot forums is something similar, 5ghz superpi 32M AMD thread. when I finish crunching ill beat them all. I have done already but didn't save the right screenshot. the one below is just a mess!

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=75196


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by d1nky - 11/19/13 at 5:08am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club